Thread: Cavs to bring Boozer back ?

Default Cavs to bring Boozer back ?

I found this article interesting.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Williams likely Cavs analyst; will he be covering Boozer?
    Friday, July 01, 2005
    Roger Brown
    Plain Dealer Columnist
    Barring any last-minute snags, look for the Cavs and FSN Ohio to soon name Scott Williams as the team's analyst on cable telecasts this season. A 15-year NBA veteran, Williams played in 19 games for the Cavs last season. He'd replace former Cavs star Mark Price as the team's FSN Ohio analyst.

It's hardly drawn

major support - yet - within the Cavs organization, but this idea has been floated around Gund Arena lately: Re-acquiring former team star forward Carlos Boozer, who left the Cavs in a bitter split last summer to sign with Utah. And what pitch is being used by insiders floating the "Bring Boozer back" trial balloon?

Advertisement

One, the Cavs do need a solid power forward - because Drew Gooden simply isn't a top-caliber starter at the "4" spot. Despite a disappointing first season in Utah, Boozer is a definite upgrade over Gooden.

Two, everyone Boozer had problems with in the Cavs organization - owner Gordon Gund, General Manager Jim Paxson and head coach Paul Silas - is now gone. Three, the very problem that caused Boozer's departure - his desire for a fat, long-term contract - no longer exists: He has five years remaining on a $68 million deal. Four, word is LeBron James wouldn't be opposed to seeing Boozer return - and the organization is scrambling, in "hair on fire" fashion, to do just about anything to keep James content.

When Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry

took just-acquired rookie center Martynas Andriuskevicius to dinner at Morton's Steakhouse downtown for a "Welcome to Cleveland" meal, the two had plenty of other table guests. Among those also there for Andriuskevicius' "first supper" here were center and fellow Lithuanian Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Cavs head coach Mike Brown, along with assorted others.

Brown, part 2:

Word is Cavs officials are relieved that Brown should have a coaching staff free of the internal tensions that infested Silas' group before the latter's firing in March. Last season, Silas had simmering contempt and resentment, in particular, for Brendan Malone, his top assistant. The insecure, wary Silas felt Malone - a longtime NBA assistant with past head-coaching experience - had been forced on him by ex-GM Paxson.

Default Re: Cavs to bring Boozer back ?

I would rather have Gooden than Benedict Boozer.

Please tell me this is just somebody talking out of their @ss to write a collumn.

I used to love Boozer, but the day he pulled that stunt he became dead to me. I only want Boozer to play on teams that have zero chance of t.v. exposure & no hopes for a title.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please tell me this is just somebody talking out of their @ss to write a collumn.

I used to love Boozer, but the day he pulled that stunt he became dead to me. I only want Boozer to play on teams that have zero chance of t.v. exposure & no hopes for a title.
    Well, he is in Utah, so you're pretty safe.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I feel the same.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws