We did this last summer, twice if I recall, & it turned out to be a lot of fun.
Here is a revised copy of the post from last season
Check out the game rules & if you'd like in just post your name & I'll add you to the list. If there is enough interest we can always start a 2nd game.
1. The start of the game will be late July, either the 29th or 30th, & it will run until it is finished. That means we arn't rushing to get this wrapped up in 2 or 3 weeks. If it takes until the end of September, so be it.
2. The size of the draft will be 16 teams, 2 divisions of 8 teams.
3. The draft order will be determined by me. It will be done by a blind drawing.
4. You will draft a 12 player roster of any basketball player you desire. Any NBA or ABA player that has ever played the game is eligible. Living or dead, played in the past or is playing now. However this year we will be using a 42M salary cap.
5. It's your team, draft who ya like. If you want to draft 12 small forwards go ahead. I would prefer a more balanced team & you might look a little foolish without a hall of fame center & an all star point guard, but hey, who am I to judge?
6. Players may only be selected once. This is an all time NBA draft, not everyone can have Wilt on thier roster.
8. If you have the first pick in the draft then you will have the last pick in the 2nd round. If you have the last pick in round 1 then you will have the first pick in round 2. Everyother round is opposite of the one before it.
9. Before the tournament starts you will need to decide what year's stats each of your players will use. You don't need to decide at the time of the draft, but you will need to know before the tourney begins.
10. No delay of game & no *****ing. Just like in the NBA, I don't want to deal with either one. If you want to play, make sure you are ready when your turn comes up. If your playing & someone is a little slow in making a selection, I'll deal with it. I don't wanna hear any whinning!
Following the draft we will have a playoff using the "What if Sports" site.