Thread: Now that we are all throwing out names how about...

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Now that we are all throwing out names how about...

Theo Ratliff IF he gets waived by Portland as some think he will
    (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...ck=1&cset=true)? Great defensive center, strong and superb shotblocker.

This would mean we have to get rid of some centers though because 5 is just too many, trade material?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Default Re: Now that we are all throwing out names how about...

He would make a really good addition if he is healhy. I am not for sure of his health status.

Of course I think if we make a move to upgrade the center position Jamal Maglore should be the number one target, but Theo would not be a bad addition either. Brings alot of shot blocking.

And at a much lower asking price probably .

As deep as we are, we really don't have that defensive presence in the middle. We have too many players and need to trade for some draft picks. I think the Pacers phones will be ringing this summer with offers, Magloire or Ratliff would be awesome. Its a matter of finances right now. Cro is bad for our money situation on what he gives for what he recieves. Do we pass on DD and JJ to get either one of these guys.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Well either way we are stacked already rightnow with our roster. A quality for quantity trade could be just what the doctor ordered for the Pacers, while resigning both JJ and DD, though I like them both a lot, makes matters a little more difficult.

Somewhere in this topic started by Hicks Carlisle is talking about getting JJ back btw.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13085

Does this impact the need or desire to bring back James Jones?
    "James Jones is very much in our future. We'd love to have James back."

Regards,

Mourning

Sports Logo

I wouldn't mind getting Ratliff...despite his injuries. He still is a shotblocking machine, has always been a candidate for defensive player of the year ( when he was actually healthy ) and does nothing but rebound. He won't score much for you...but we have enough scorers that I wouldn't care.

I wouldn't mind Brian Grant either.....I just want a solid backup PF who can play ahead of Croshere.

The key to keeping Ratliff or Grant as healthy as possible is to have them play 15 to 20 mpg as the primary backup PF.

Although overall health to the team is VERY IMPORTANT....considering that Ratliff would be the primary backup at the PF...I would live with it as long as measures are taken to ensure that he is healthy.

If we move Jeff for Allen, I'd definitely love to pick up Ratliff.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this impact the need or desire to bring back James Jones?
    "James Jones is very much in our future. We'd love to have James back."
    This quote is meant only to avoid burning bridges. He could very want JJ back. He could very well not want JJ back.

But if all the sudden you move Ron Artest, he needs to get JJ back. And if he says, "He's not really in our plans right now," he's pretty much f'd himself.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    If we move Jeff for Allen, I'd definitely love to pick up Ratliff.

Whoa!! What discussion did I miss here. Jeff for who??? Ray Allen??
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I don't know, we already have one big man who blocks shots at a crazy rate while not grabbing enough rebounds, do we need Ratliff?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Whoa!! What discussion did I miss here. Jeff for who??? Ray Allen??
    It's assumed that it would take Jeff and Jackson to get Ray Allen.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Ray Allen, Nope, Magloire Nope

Redd ok but not really needed, Ratliff yeah for sure a couple years @ 4 Mill I'll do that, even if he just plays 20 MPG he'd be able to make a Difference for us I think..

I don't know why Portland would waive Ratliff - they aren't in LT territory and that's what this would do for them, not give them cap space. Maybe to avoid the LT 2-3 years down the road when they have to sign the youngsters I guess.

I don't see where he'd end up with the Pacers unless you want to go up to the MLE for him. There are plenty of teams so center-starved that they'd go that high for a limited, shot-blocking center.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We don't need a center like Ratliff. Although wer are not great at post defense, we have adequate defenders of the post. And with the influence of Artest on overall team defense, and the reputation that Granger brings, I think that will only improve in the coming season.

If we acquired a center, what we would need is one capable of hitting a short range jump shot to play off of Jermaine.

I suppose with the acquisition of Granger, it is possible that we will see Jermaine at center and Granger at PF at times. That would provide two offensive players, each capable of making mid-range jump shots.

Well, Ratliff is OK, but from what I've been reading on this board, Jason Maxiell is the strong shotblocking center everyone should be coveting.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy