Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

  1. #1
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,624

    Default Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    Does anybody know?

    BTW, I guess Jalen won't be getting his # retired here afterall. (Grangers new # is 5)


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  2. #2
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anybody know?

    BTW, I guess Jalen won't be getting his # retired here afterall. (Grangers new # is 5)
    Last I read that was yet to be determined.

  3. #3
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    the NBDL minor league system won't go into effect until next year, i believe.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  4. #4
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    teams can start sending players down this upcoming season....

    that being said, i dont know if they have determined which team sends players where....they might have some interim situation this season until the nbdl expands next year-when they might put in place a more permanent model...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    The CBA won't even become official until late July when it's ratified so as of right now, nobody.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  6. #6

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    BTW, I guess Jalen won't be getting his # retired here afterall. (Grangers new # is 5)
    Actually, the photo of him and the jersey together leads me to believe that's not his real number. They would never have the 0 along with the 5 on the uniform; that's hideous. I believe it is there to signify the year he was drafted, '05. Yet, rest assured Jalen's # won't be retired--not for him at least.

  7. #7
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, the photo of him and the jersey together leads me to believe that's not his real number. They would never have the 0 along with the 5 on the uniform; that's hideous. I believe it is there to signify the year he was drafted, '05. Yet, rest assured Jalen's # won't be retired--not for him at least.
    i agree with u on his jersey and the year drafted...if jj isnt resigned he takes 33....which they werent about to do.....

    u throw in the fact that the pacers are getting new jerseys....and he probably hasnt decided on a number yet but wants to maybe wait to see what happens with jj...and u get the generic 05 for the photos...

  8. #8
    Funk Seoul Brother Frostwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,293

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    Yeah. All the draftees had their portraits taken with the team basketballs with number 05 on them.

  9. #9
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    Based upon my inside information, our NBDL team affiliate is going to be the Atlanta Hawks.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  10. #10

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based upon my inside information, our NBDL team affiliate is going to be the Atlanta Hawks.
    Eh, it could be worse. We could have landed the .

  11. #11
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    I'll bet you money our affiliate is one of David Kahn's teams, which means Southwest.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  12. #12
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,371
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    I have an odd feeling the Pacers and Pistons will have the same NBDL affiliate.

  13. #13
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have an odd feeling the Pacers and Pistons will have the same NBDL affiliate.
    I have the exact same feeling. And I also have the odd feeling that the team will be in Fort Wayne.

    Call it intuition, a hunch or just a shot in the dark.

  14. #14
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,240
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    If the NBA were smart, they would make each NBDL team affilaited with one EC team, and one WC team.

  15. #15
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the NBA were smart, they would make each NBDL team affilaited with one EC team, and one WC team.
    If our affiliate is the lakers, I'm going to cry like a little girl.

  16. #16
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    L.A. mentioned a Fort Wayne, IN as a host city for a Detroit/Indiana minor league team. That is a fantastic idea because the Pistons franchise originated in Fort Wayne and the Pacers are in Indiana. That is a hell of an idea!

    I use to be a season ticket holder for the FW Fury before Isiah killed the CBA in it's past form and know that the former owners of the Fury told season ticket holders they would bring another team back to FW only if the minor league team was a direct affiliate of the NBA, such as the NBDL, but at that point in time the NBA had no intention of placing NBDL franchises in the northern part of the US. All that has changed, now!

  17. #17
    sc
    Guest

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    From the Other Day,

    Q: If the Pistons want, will they be able to send those guys to the development league?

    A: That is still up in the air. The language is still being worked out in the new collective bargaining agreement (which isn't expected to be signed into law until mid-July).

    According to outgoing union president Michael Curry, the proposed minor league system might not be fully operational until the 2006-07 season.

  18. #18
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,600

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who is our NBDL team affiliate???

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based upon my inside information, our NBDL team affiliate is going to be the Atlanta Hawks.


    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •