Thread: espn's chat w/ granger

pacerlife

Default espn's chat w/ granger

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet.

Danny Granger: Hello.

Nation: Indiana got a steal. How do you feel about playing with Artest and Stephen Jackson? They share your position.

Danny Granger: I feel really good about my position. I think I slipped far in the draft, but I'm grateful for going to a great winning team in Indiana. I hope to contribute to the organization in any way that I can.

Nation: What will be the hardest part of entering the NBA?

Danny Granger: Adjusting to the physicality of the NBA and the travel schedule. It's definitely a different type of lifestyle.

Nation: Do you feel like your strong outside shooting is just what Indiana needs to get them to the next level?

Danny Granger: Definitely, I think my shooting will help the team, along with my defensive capabilities. And, I'm a senior, so I think my experience will help me a lot.

Nation: Do you believe you would be able to fill the absence of Reggie?

Danny Granger: I think it's hard to immediately fill the role of such a Hall of Fame player like Reggie Miller, but I think that with a lot of hard work and the continued development of my skills, I will try to do what he did.

Nation: Danny, does becoming a Pacer automatically make you start hating the Pistons! :-)

Danny Granger: No. I think it's a respectful rivalry. I'm excited to compete in it!

Nation: Hey Danny, how would you describe your game to fans here in the East who probably didn't get to see you play as often on TV?

Danny Granger: I'm a very versatile player, I can play 2-3 positions, I'm a capable defender and I'll do anything to help my team win.

Default Re: espn's chat w/ granger

Quote Originally Posted by pacerlife
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's a respectful rivalry. I'm excited to compete in it!
    This is going to my sig. Thanks for posting.

He thinks he can play 2 or 3 positions. What do you think those are?

I guess I'm saying he's obviously a 3, but in one of the others he considers himself a natural as well. Do you guys think that's the 2 or the 4?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love this guy. I really, really love him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thumbs down Re: espn's chat w/ granger

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    He thinks he can play 2 or 3 positions. What do you think those are?

I guess I'm saying he's obviously a 3, but in one of the others he considers himself a natural as well. Do you guys think that's the 2 or the 4?

when he says 2-3 positions...is he saying the amount of positions he can play or is he saying he can play the 2(SG) or 3(SF)?

The 4 is his second position, or first if you listen to UB.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    The 4 is his second position, or first if you listen to UB.
    Right... People are talking about putting him at SG but that's his third best position. Why not put him in a position to thrive?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Right... People are talking about putting him at SG but that's his third best position. Why not put him in a position to thrive?
    Yup.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Very similar to JJ. Both were college PF's that project to NBA SF.

I think neither of them will play much at the 4. Ron can play there without the height because he is so strong. RG is supposed to have a decent post up game, but isn't really big/strong enough to play the 4 on defense.

Like JJ, he is also a pretty good shooter so I imagine he could play the SG in a pinch, but I think he will spend most of his time at SF.

Now why do I keep saying JJ will move to the 2?

his first real year in the league (you really can not count the 26 minutes he played the year before) and he shot 327 shots, out of which 170 were 3-pointers.
    Including hitting the rookie wall once he was played in abundance and then coming back strong he shot .398 from 3pt land, in actual fact point percent higher then regular fieldgoals, (which he only started hitting when Reg told him how to make the fake., step inside and shoot)
    He has great form, size, decent defender, rebounder and working with Chuck will only improve him.
    .398 from 3pt land in your first year in the league, making 67 of 170 is not given to a lot of rooks.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

My understanding is that he a SF who can guard several positions.

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

"I love L.A., its a great city and place Id like to be. As for the Clippers, I follow NBA basketball closely and know that they are on the way up.
    By that he means, if Clippers drafted me, I will poke my self with a forklift.