Thread: Larry Bird, Rick Carlisle, and Danny Granger on ESPN 950

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Default Larry Bird, Rick Carlisle, and Danny Granger on ESPN 950

I was listening this afternoon and there were some good points:

Larry Bird said he sees James Jones as a part of this franchise not only because of the basketball abilities but because he is good for the community and the type of person you want on your team. They also said Danny Granger will be a great person to have in the community.

Danny Granger seemed happy to be there. When asked about the brawl, he took the Pacers side saying even he would have done it. When asked if he was upset that he won't get as many minutes as he would if he went to a lottery team, he said it didn't bother him at all. He said when a player is more worried about a superstar than their team winning games, there is something not right about that.

The summer league team will probably have Artest, Granger, J.Jones, Harrison, Gill, and Edwards. That could begin as early as next week.

Most of you already know but Erazem Lorbek will play atleast one year in Europe and there is a good chance it will be 2 years.

I just wanted to let everyone know about what they said about keeping JJ and Danny's attitude about being on a winning team.

Default Re: Larry Bird, Rick Carlisle, and Danny Granger on ESPN 950

I agree and am happy to hear that, Personally If I was being drafted I'd want to be drafted mid round, sure you don't get the cash a top Ten Player would ger but you go to a better then average team and get a better chance to be a winner, I think he's exstatic about going to one of the future NBA Championship Contending teams..

Thats awesome news both About JJ and Granger and from what i saw on the draft and what I have read he'll do well both in the community and on the court..

I reckon he'll Love Indiana by the end of the year, hell I do...

PacersFan

Did they mention Bender being on the Summer League Team? I guess Harrison being on it means his knee's healed enough.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When asked about the brawl, he took the Pacers side saying even he would have done it.
    He would have done what? Been a peacemaker or gone into the stands throwing haymakers?

WOW this season is going to be amazing. Basically we need to trade Freddy if you ask me. It looks like we'll be sending Fred and a combination of foster/cro/bender/DH somewhere to get a big, possibly magloire.

It seems like thats the best move to me. You got granger backing ron, JJ backing Jax. (I really think with time JJ could be a great SG).

Tins/Aj is a nasty PG combo if u ask me, i don' think work needs done there.

God I can't wait. If we can get a SERIOUS center on this team, game over.

I want us to keep James because we must be three-deep at SF with Ron starting. The same goes for Tinsley, Johnson, and Sauron if we bring him in.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Yeah he said Bender might be on the summer league team but they won't know for sure what to expect out of him. He said they'll know more in a few weeks.

Danny Granger said he would probably have done the same thing Ron Artest did.

Harmonica

Danny Granger said he would probably have done the same thing Ron Artest did.
    Yeah, and I would have stormed the cockpit if I was on one of the planes headed for the World Trade Center.

EDIT: Oh, wait. I can't possibly know what I would have done, can I?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Yeah, and I would have stormed the cockpit if I was on one of the planes headed for the World Trade Center.

Ok, I didn't make that up but keep being an ***.

Harmonica

Ok, I didn't make that up but keep being an ***.
    I didn't say you did. That wasn't necessarily directed at you, it was a general dig at his ludricrous, misguided statement.

He did not say that! Granger said he felt for the Pacers, because Artest did get hit with the cup. He said sometimes fans don't recognize how intense a game can be, especially when your in the middle of a brawl with Ben Wallace. The dude's a Jahovas (sp) Witness...he does missionary work, I think he will be alright here. He doesn't seem like a psycho.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by TruWarier
    He did not say that! Granger said he felt for the Pacers, because Artest did get hit with the cup. He said sometimes fans don't recognize how intense a game can be, especially when your in the middle of a brawl with Ben Wallace. The dude's a Jahovas (sp) Witness...he does missionary work, I think he will be alright here. He doesn't seem like a psycho.
    Did you listen to it? He said he didn't blame him for doing it and said a lot of players, himself included, would do the same.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When do the summer league games start? I'd really like to see Artest play. I hope they televise them on more than just NBA TV.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Jesus Shuttlesworth

They said maybe next week

I didn't say you did. That wasn't necessarily directed at you, it was a general dig at his ludricrous, misguided statement.
    Also, saying that one wouldn't go into the stand could also be "ludicrous, misguided statement" No one really knows what they would of done, its all monday morning quarterbacking.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

What do you want him to say?

No, Artest was completely wrong for what he did and he got what was coming to him..That physcho ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    What do you want him to say?

No, Artest was completely wrong for what he did and he got what was coming to him..That physcho ****.

He'd instantly become my second favorite player.

But in actuality, he could have said what Artest did was wrong without insulting him. It's much easier to say "Yeah, I'd do it too" though.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I'm pretty sure what he actually said was that he would've opened a bigger can of whup a$$ than Ron did.....But my reception wasn't very good. 950 doesn't come in all that great in my neck of the woods........

Bird mentioned that Rick should be very happy with the draft because they got Granger, Artest and Bender.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Also, saying that one wouldn't go into the stand could also be "ludicrous, misguided statement" No one really knows what they would of done, its all monday morning quarterbacking.
    Exactly. You did read my edit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood

He'd instantly become my second favorite player.

But in actuality, he could have said what Artest did was wrong without insulting him. It's much easier to say "Yeah, I'd do it too" though.
    Much easier in two different ways..One to look like a supporter of your franchise..and two, Not get beaten up by Artest, JO, and SJax on the first day of training camp. I would have suspected some extremely hard picks set by Artest if he had said what Artest did was wrong. ;o)

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Thx now I have to go fix me some popcorn.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

BustedPants

You might say that Granger's comments were misguided, but your analogy is no different, even if a point is trying to be proven.

First off, you didn't just take Granger's comments out of context, you took them second hand from someone who is paraphrasing well after only hearing it on the radio, assuming J.S. didn't record the show and listen to it before making his post.

Obviously it is difficult to know what one would do in such a bizarre situation like November 19th, 2004, but even if he did claim that "he would have done the same thing," it's more of a "I can relate" comment than a "I would have gotten suspended for the whole season, too" comment. Granger wasn't the first guy to make such a comment. If I'm not mistaken, "good guy" Grant Hill made similar comments. Fred Jones even questioned whether he should have restrained himself the way he did.

And as horrible as the game that night was, using it in the analogy you did is not only inaccurate, it is misguided, too.

On a whole other note, it's interesting how we got a "milk drinker" after all.

Exactly. You did read my edit, right?
    Yep
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by BustedPants
    On a whole other note, it's interesting how we got a "milk drinker" after all.
    Nice.

Goes to show you can never trust an NBA GM during draft week.