Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five questions

Hybrid View

Default Five questions

• Are you satisfied with Jeff Foster or Dale Davis as this team's starting center?
    • Barring the addition of a shooter that'll play significantly in the rotation, are you happy with the perimeter shooting abilities of this team?
    • Is Anthony Johnson the appropriate backup for Jamaal Tinsley?
    • Do you feel it is really necessary to re-sign James Jones for more than a minimum wage deal now that Danny Granger is here? If yes, how much is loyalty playing into your answer?
    • Percentage chance Austin Croshere gets dropped like a bad habit?

Default Re: Five questions

1) No - hoping Harrison has a solid season
    2) NO - unless Bender is healthy all season...hahahahahaha
    3) I really do not like AJ - he is a slow Travis Best with a worse shot... dribble dribble dribble
    4) I do not see where JJ gets his minutes
    5) I think AC will still be here - 20% - great white hope factor
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Yes, but if a deal comes along for Magloire, take it.
    No! We don't have anyone that consistently hit, unless its JJ.
    No. I don't have a problem with AJ, just Tinsley, Tinsley needs to move.
    No. I like James, if we can resign him cheap, go for it, if not, bye.
    35%. Pacers have alot of loyalty, that's why he will stay.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

1) Jermaine is the center on offense. I am happy with DD and HULK and Jeff playing center on defense.
    2)IMO Jax is too streaky for a starting 2. Freddie has gotten significantly better each season. His hand injury stopped him from impressing everyone this playoffs. Tins is much improved as was AJ. JJ is good and going to get better. Bender can shoot it for a 4. We're "ok" but not good. Will Granger help?
    3) Yes
    4)JJ showed me a real knack for playing under pressure. He has a sweet stroke, rebounds well and is a surprisingly good shot blocker. His attitude is perfect and he works very hard. He's a keeper. Artest could flame out at ANY moment. If/when he does, I'd like to have Granger AND JJ to fill that spot. If it's affordable.
    If by some miracle Artest DOES change and makes it through the season intact, THEN trade JJ.
    No it's not loyalty, I liked what I saw.
    5) 99%. The 1% only IF the team shared the attitude of fans here and dumped Bender instead. Given that Cro has peaked and Bender is still very young I find that highly unlikely. Make it 99.9%

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

1 - No, I'd prefer a center who shares a lot of thier skill while also being able to hit a 10-12 foot shot.
    2 - No, our post-Reggie players are way too inconsistent.
    3 - AJ is a great backup. He is not the ball-handler and distributor that Tinsley is, but is a much better defender and is a better shooter when it counts.
    4 - Yes, JJ would probably be our best perimeter shooter, barring a trade.
    5 - 70-30 that he is gone.

Chest Rockwell

While some new blood is always good, new players at the 1,2 and 5, along with Granger is way too much turnover. Keep the post players we have, hope for Harrison to develop. If we can upgrade our backup PG, do it, but I wouldn't cry over another season with AJ. He carried the load for a few months last year and did okay. With these new rules allowing luxury tax exemption, Cro is history.

• Are you satisfied with Jeff Foster or Dale Davis as this team's starting center?
    Am I satisfied? Yes. We should to still look to improve, though, whether from within (Hulk) or trades (Magloire).
    • Barring the addition of a shooter that'll play significantly in the rotation, are you happy with the perimeter shooting abilities of this team?
    No, unless Granger is a deadeye, then maybe.
    No. Johnson whould be a great back-up for most PG's in this league, but not Tinsley. Maybe the problem is with Tinsley?

I don't want AJ moved, I really don't. Even if he doesn't play much, we need him in case Mel has a case of the tootsies.
    • Do you feel it is really necessary to re-sign James Jones for more than a minimum wage deal now that Danny Granger is here? If yes, how much is loyalty playing into your answer?
    Yes. We need to be three-deep at SF.

Loyalty? I want James because he is a great guy, and I think he will again be our primary back-up soon enough.
    Austin is staying.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Are you satisfied with Jeff Foster or Dale Davis as this team's starting center?
    Yes I am satisfied but I can't say we shouldn't look to upgrade. It is going to be very difficult going up against Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace I think and we should look to have the best quality guy we can get for a reasonable price of course.

Barring the addition of a shooter that'll play significantly in the rotation, are you happy with the perimeter shooting abilities of this team?
    No.

Is Anthony Johnson the appropriate backup for Jamaal Tinsley?
    Yes. Now does that mean we shouldn't look to get more quality here, no. I say sign Sarunas atleast. Possiably trade Jamaal for a less injury prone guard.

Do you feel it is really necessary to re-sign James Jones for more than a minimum wage deal now that Danny Granger is here? If yes, how much is loyalty playing into your answer?
    Yes I defentily think it is necessary to re-sign James Jones if we keep Ron Artest.

Percentage chance Austin Croshere gets dropped like a bad habit?
    90%.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) No..but I can live with it. A big would make life sooo much easier tho. Harrison better show up or else.
    2) No..????
    3) Yes...and I can live with JT, unless a we inherit a gold mine somehow.
    4) No....but loyalty and need for a clutch shooter tell me we aren't ready to give him up yet.
    5) 75% chance he's gone. Money talks and it is a ONE TIME ONLY offer.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I don't know why a few people rip on AJ. I thought he had some awesome games last year when Tins was injured. Every backup PG cannot be Steve Nash. Bird said that JJ was a great team player and was not worried about minutes but was always ready when needed, where you going to find that in a 3rd string backup at the 2-3. Our team was not together last year at all, give me a full healthy team with Granger and Artest and I will give you 60 wins and a shot at a title. Neither time against Detroit in the playoffs were we healthy so why all the changes. We only need to trade for Magloire without giving up too much if he's available.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

foretaz

1)foster, dale, harrison, and pollard are none great...harrison could be key.....to me hes the biggest variable on the club....if he gets better, this team gets way better....an interesting addition to this group would be brian grant...

2)it aint great....adding saras would probably help in a number of ways....especially where perimeter shooting is concerned....hes also every bit as good of a free throw shooter as reggie....

3)no...aj is not the answer...especially if ur in the camp that tinsley is injury prone....which im not....but i still feel we need an upgrade at the slot...probably even more important is a bit different style player at that slot....and saras would be both....i have a feeling saras is in that slot in the not too distant future....say like by august 1....and aj is shipped off in a trade of some kind...there are a number of teams that would love to have aj...and in truth, he would be a better fit...he was great for us this year...but we can do better, and so can he...

4)yes he needs to be resigned...and loyalty has very little to do with it...hes the best perimeter shooter we have....hes very versatile...hes proving to be quite a bit better defender than most thought...bottom line is, we cant let our best shooter leave when thats a weak spot for this team...as long as his contract is reasonable (no more than 3 mill), i think we have to resign him

5)i would love to see him dropped....that being said...i kinda have my doubts....his contract is a major problem in doing that....and bird has always loved him....you asked about loyalty with regard to jj...well i think loyalty will play a big part in this situation...

woman without a team

--Yes and no.
    --When the shots are able to go in I'm very satisfied.
    --Hell yes.
    --Yes. He's worth more than minimum wage. (I'm assuming mean the American minimum wage of $5.15/hr.
    ---0%. I'll believe he's gone when I see it.

Are you satisfied with Jeff Foster or Dale Davis as this team's starting center?
    Yes
    Barring the addition of a shooter that'll play significantly in the rotation, are you happy with the perimeter shooting abilities of this team?
    Yes
    Is Anthony Johnson the appropriate backup for Jamaal Tinsley?
    Yes
    Do you feel it is really necessary to re-sign James Jones for more than a minimum wage deal now that Danny Granger is here? If yes, how much is loyalty playing into your answer?
    Yes...not a whole lot; I just love the kid.
    Percentage chance Austin Croshere gets dropped like a bad habit?
    6.711%

1. No & yes
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. No, I like JJ but if the nutball is going to play 40 min. a game then every single min. he's off of the floor then Granger needs to be on it. Why pay a backup who will play less than 10 min. a game & even if Nutball goes nuts again we can always backup Granger with Jax.
    5. 40%

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

See... I think Rick is already pumped up at the opportunity to cut nutball's minutes back to say 32-35 mpg. I think the Pacers will attempt to re-sign JJ just in case the get a deal they don't want to refuse for Artest.

I'll take my chances on the 2006-07 championship with a SF tandem of Granger and JJ.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Peck, Jay, HES NOT NUTBALL!

1. No. Happy, yes, they should be fine. But one can never be satisfied. Hopefully Harrison will turn out well.
    2. No. We need a purely outside shooter added to this team. A Hoiberg, Horry-ish player.
    3. Yes, I am more than happy with him. He is a terrific backup
    4. Yes, he can still be useful. I don't know how, but I'm sure Rick'll find a way.
    5. 0. He will stay, the organization has a loving of loyalty, which I think is terrific.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

1. Yes I'm satisfied with them, our accumulation of big men are enough to win a championship. There are better centers, but none that would fit into our payroll without trading the team away. Foster should start.
    2. No I'm hoping Houston comes available for the vet. minimum.
    3. No Due to the health issues of Tinsley.
    4. No Not even if we didn't have Granger.
    5. 90%. Hopefully we drop Cro, give the MLE to Dale, and the vet. min. to Houston.

I suppose I'll give my answers to my own questions. Though, by the way I phrased things, I'm obvious. I'll explain.

• I'm absolutely unhappy with the prospect of starting anyone we have now as our starting center. This is absolutely the first place I'd upgrade if the possibility comes along. Foster/O'Neal have proven to be an incompatible long-term combo. Dale Davis is, well, old, and only good enough to hold down the fourth big man spot. And I'm simply not comfortable just hoping David Harrison improves enough.
    • The shooting on this team isn't strong enough. Now, that being said, I wouldn't go out signing the best shooting free agent out there. That's not going to help. The problem is the two main wings, Artest and Jackson, are merely above average shooters. So unless you find a trade to change one of those players without gutting the team, I believe you simply go with the style you've got in place. Two years down the road, if it's not working, then you make concessions.
    • Honestly, I may be one of the few who would rather replace AJ as the backup point regardless of Jamaal Tinsley's health status. To me, their skill sets overlap entirely too much. Not really athletic, OK, but streaky shooters, weak defenders of premier point guards. And the one place I'd like to see their skill sets overlap -- running the offense -- it doesn't happen because AJ isn't a great setup guy and even has trouble bring the ball up the court at times. I don't mind AJ as a third point guard, as he's a consistent veteran presence, but I'd be looking for a team-oriented backup who's either a) a shooter or b) a defender. You're likely not going to find both for cheap.
    • If Artest and Granger are both on the roster, I wave bye to James Jones for anything more than a minimum salary. He's not going to play with Granger, Artest, Jackson and Jones on the roster. So how do you justify giving him a contract that might actually pay him more than Granger? I like JJ, I like shooters, but in case, I side on the side of being fiscally practical.
    • I'll almost guarantee that Austin Croshere is on the team next year. Loyalty, veteran presence ... and, oh yeah, I don't think using this amnesty on a two-year contract is worth it unless you know the player wants out. Remember, he'll be an $8 million expiring contract in a year. All this, and, I really love the hairline.

Sports Logo

1 ) Yes...considering that we can't really upgrade at the Center position without trading one of the Big 4.
    2 ) Ehhh...Good enough considering the roster.
    3 ) Yes and No....yes if he is considered a regular backup where AJ is called on to start a couple of times a year. But No considering that AJ could very well be be called on to start for 1/4 of a season due to Tinsley's health.
    4 ) Yes and No...again. Resign JJ only if we can't get a better Backup PF then Croshere in a S&T of JJ/Pollard.
    5 ) 50/50. I think that Bird is loyal to him but will drop him like a bad habit IF he thinks he can get a better backup PF to play in his place. The other option is to waive him......don't get a backup PF through Trades and have the backup PF manned through a combination of DD/Foster/Harrison/Pollard.

What conceivable reason would there be to cut back Artest's minutes.

If Granger us as good as it appears, he'll play a lot of power forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    What conceivable reason would there be to cut back Artest's minutes.

If Granger us as good as it appears, he'll play a lot of power forward.
    That makes as much since as playing Prince at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    That makes as much since as playing Prince at the 4.
    Oh no, Granger's got a lot more bulk (maybe not poundage, but physicality) to him and is much, much more physical. Honestly, I don't compare Prince and Granger too much at all.

Oh no, Granger's got a lot more bulk (maybe not poundage, but physicality) to him and is much, much more physical. Honestly, I don't compare Prince and Granger too much at all.
    Oh really? Cool; hope he shows that off in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Oh really? Cool; hope he shows that off in the fall.
    A photo survey, because I was bored.

Tayshaun

Danny Granger

Surprise Guest

Woah.