Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are people saying AJ is on the block?

Default Re: Why are people saying AJ is on the block?

We may run a bit more next season, but as long as Rick is the coach of this team, AJ will probably be his ideal backup PG. A solid vet who is careful with the ball that he can turn to if Jamaal gets a little too wild and crazy.

AJ isn't that bad if we have slashers on the bench alongside him. Fred, Saras (if signed), and Danny can all do that.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

On AJ... I'm not sure whether it is AJ isn't right for the Pacers OR if AJ isn't right for some Pacer fans. (Keep in mind Ragnar was able to convert me to his way of thinking about AJ last season... until AJ came to life... or the Pacers got a workable offense with JO on the bench)

And if this Saras(sp?) character is all he's cracked up to be why would we keep Tinsley? It seems to me there are more 'questions' when asking Tinsley to be a backup than when asking AJ to be a backup. And once I again I have to say... IF Saras is all he's cracked up to be... then why would he not be a threat to start over Tinsley?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On AJ... I'm not sure whether it is AJ isn't right for the Pacers OR if AJ isn't right for some Pacer fans.

And if this Saras(sp?) character is all he's cracked up to be why would we keep Tinsley? It seems to me there are more 'questions' when asking Tinsley to be a backup than when asking AJ to be a backup. And once I again I have to say... IF Saras is all he's cracked up to be... then why would he not be a threat to start over Tinsley?

-Bball
    He might eventually be that threat, but I would think he is going to have to play off the bench for a while as he adjusts to the NBA.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    On AJ... I'm not sure whether it is AJ isn't right for the Pacers OR if AJ isn't right for some Pacer fans.

-Bball
    there are a ton of teams saras would start for in the league....that being said...most of the top teams are pretty well set at the starting pg slot....

he was very wise and informed when he said he wanted to go to a winning team...a team he had a chance to win the title with....and was more concerned with playing significant minutes than starting.....

if he comes over and plays significant minutes and is deemed worthy to start above tins...then u deal with that....

the fact that hes saying the right things...is really whats important here...if he said he only wanted to go somwhere where he could start...then u have a bit of a problem...

let him come here...let him start out as the 1st guard off the bench at either spot....he will be playing minutes with tinsley in the same backcourt....not sure how that perimeter defense will be-we will find out...

if it appears to be the pacers are better off with him starting then it will happen....

but if ur a top team....u rarely bring in a guy from the outside and annoint him as ur starter....especially when that guy has never played in the league...that simply would almost never happen....i think magic is probably the only case that immediately comes to mind....

Quote Originally Posted by pacerDU
    I'm not quite sure I understand why anyone would want to trade AJ. He was definitely the best backup pg in the league last season. He proved that he can start if needed and hit some BIG shots during our run for the playoffs.

He has heart and has been mentioned, plays within his ablilities. It doesn't make any sense to trade him unless he's part of a large trade package, which I personally hope we don't do.