Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

  1. #1

    Default My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    What a wild night! Maybe the Basketball Gods are smiling on the Pacers and good things will continue to happen. My dream plays out as the following:

    Trade 1:
    Bender, AJ and Foster plus future #1 to New Orleans for Magloire and Lynch.
    (yeh I know there are rumors that Magloire is finally going to Toronto, but it is my dream)

    Trade 2:
    S. Jax, E. Gill and Pollard to Seattle for Ray Allen
    (makes me wonder if Jiri is insurance against Allen leaving after all)


    Waive:
    1. Croshere (for Luxury tax purposes)

    Sign the following:
    1. J.Jones for about 3M a year (doesn't count against the MLE with the new CBA)
    2. Sarunas Jasikevicius for about 3m a year (about what he was asking at 10M for 3 years)
    3. D. Davis for about 2M a year (the remainder of the MLE)
    4. Raef LaFrentz for the Vet Minimum (when he is waived by Boston to not pay the Luxury Tax)
    5. Jay Williams for the League Minimum (gives him a chance to prove himself before his payday).


    The lineup would be:

    PG - Tinsley, Jasikevicius, Williams
    SG - Allen, F. Jones, J. Jones
    SF - Artest, Granger, Lynch
    PF - O'neal, LaFrentz
    C - Magloire, Harrison, DD

    We would then be able to use Lynch and Reggie's contract at the trade deadline if we needed another position filled.

    (other things bounching around in my head but not included were getting Houston, Finley or other lux cap casualties, and then trading F.jones or J. Jones as needed.)

    I know it is all crazy talk but what-the-hell, right?

    Outsider

  2. #2
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    I don't believe LaFrentz will be waived. The Celtics will not likely have a payroll high enough for the luxury tax to kick in (especially since the salary cap is being raised).
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  3. #3
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Those first two dreams are beautiful indeed. Bring tears to my eyes.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  4. #4
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    No trade Foster......................
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  5. #5
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a wild night! Maybe the Basketball Gods are smiling on the Pacers and good things will continue to happen. My dream plays out as the following:

    Trade 1:
    Bender, AJ and Foster plus future #1 to New Orleans for Magloire and Lynch.
    (yeh I know there are rumors that Magloire is finally going to Toronto, but it is my dream)

    Trade 2:
    S. Jax, E. Gill and Pollard to Seattle for Ray Allen
    (makes me wonder if Jiri is insurance against Allen leaving after all)


    Waive:
    1. Croshere (for Luxury tax purposes)

    Sign the following:
    1. J.Jones for about 3M a year (doesn't count against the MLE with the new CBA)
    2. Sarunas Jasikevicius for about 3m a year (about what he was asking at 10M for 3 years)
    3. D. Davis for about 2M a year (the remainder of the MLE)
    4. Raef LaFrentz for the Vet Minimum (when he is waived by Boston to not pay the Luxury Tax)
    5. Jay Williams for the League Minimum (gives him a chance to prove himself before his payday).


    The lineup would be:

    PG - Tinsley, Jasikevicius, Williams
    SG - Allen, F. Jones, J. Jones
    SF - Artest, Granger, Lynch
    PF - O'neal, LaFrentz
    C - Magloire, Harrison, DD

    We would then be able to use Lynch and Reggie's contract at the trade deadline if we needed another position filled.

    (other things bounching around in my head but not included were getting Houston, Finley or other lux cap casualties, and then trading F.jones or J. Jones as needed.)

    I know it is all crazy talk but what-the-hell, right?

    Outsider

    I know this is your dream and all (mine is resurrecting Wilt putting him at center), but exactly how are we going to trade for 2 all-stars using 6 players who have never even come close to all-stardom?
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  6. #6

    Post Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    The two trades I have in there are for the all-stars. For Ray Allen it is a something-is-better-than-nothing-trade (AKA Brad Miller trade). For Magloire it is for Foster (A highly sought after Center), "hometown" prepstar Bender for a year to try out and if he doesn't work then they have an ending contract to move for something else, and finally AJ gives them a Vet PG to cover for a few years while the rookie gets his feet under him.

    Oh, and if Raef isn't going to be there, how about C. Webber? :P

    (On a more realistic note, what about Brian Grant then? Lakes may be dumping him)

    Outsider

  7. #7
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe LaFrentz will be waived. The Celtics will not likely have a payroll high enough for the luxury tax to kick in (especially since the salary cap is being raised).

    agreed.....i think he would be a great fit here...but he has too many years left and hes still too effective...and yes...the celtics arent in luxury tax land to the point they would need to consider it...but i wish they were...i think he would be great here...can u say sam perkins?

  8. #8
    Member bread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here^
    Age
    48
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade 2:
    S. Jax, E. Gill and Pollard to Seattle for Ray Allen
    (makes me wonder if Jiri is insurance against Allen leaving after all)
    Not to burst your bubble on this, but Jiri went to the Bucks. It's not all bad though because that means we would possibly have a shot at Redd. I would love to be able to get Allen also but I think he'll stay put.

  9. #9

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by bread
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to burst your bubble on this, but Jiri went to the Bucks. It's not all bad though because that means we would possibly have a shot at Redd. I would love to be able to get Allen also but I think he'll stay put.

    Oops, ok my bad.....hmmm...Redd then? (though I still think Allen is the one to go for in my dream).

    outsider

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG - Tinsley, Jasikevicius, Williams
    SG - Allen, F. Jones, J. Jones
    SF - Artest, Granger, Lynch
    PF - O'neal, LaFrentz
    C - Magloire, Harrison, DD
    I know it is all crazy talk but what-the-hell, right?
    Outsider
    Waaaaaaaay toooooooo much turnover for a team that is supposedly a contender.

    Just the time required to blend that many new players would probably spell the end of whatever title hopes we might have for the coming season.

  11. #11
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Waaaaaaaay toooooooo much turnover for a team that is supposedly a contender.

    Just the time required to blend that many new players would probably spell the end of whatever title hopes we might have for the coming season.
    Just watching SA and Detroit bring their teams back also probably spells the end of whatever title hopes we might have for the coming season.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watching SA and Detroit bring their teams back also probably spells the end of whatever title hopes we might have for the coming season.
    Jay, there you go again.

    Just trying to p!ss on my entire summer, aren't you?

    Man, I was looking forward to a couple of months with the excitement building toward the next season.

    Really though, if Artest returns and contributes without the problems (and I respect that in your opinion that is a stretch), don't you believe the Pacers and the Pistions are pretty close to dead-even?

  13. #13

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    When you say dream, you really mean dream.

    Ay carumba!

  14. #14
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,717

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know this is your dream and all (mine is resurrecting Wilt putting him at center), but exactly how are we going to trade for 2 all-stars using 6 players who have never even come close to all-stardom?

    Because trades that are thought up by fans always have the Pacers raping teams by getting allstars for just average players.

    It's pretty sad if you get Allen and Magloire......and the best player shipped out is Stephen Jackson.

  15. #15
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: My dream of an offseason for the Indiana Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jay, there you go again.

    Just trying to p!ss on my entire summer, aren't you?

    Man, I was looking forward to a couple of months with the excitement building toward the next season.

    Really though, if Artest returns and contributes without the problems (and I respect that in your opinion that is a stretch), don't you believe the Pacers and the Pistions are pretty close to dead-even?
    nope...theyre not even...they werent even on nov. 19...

    the only time theyve been dead even is when a couple of our top players are injured or not available....

    i hate to use ifs....but if we are healthy and complete we are superior to detroit....and anyone else in the eastern conference...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •