Thread: Brian Grant

foretaz

Default Brian Grant

it appears brian grant might be another amnesty clause casualty....

ive always been a big brian grant fan....

hes not a spring chicken anymore....but hes still a solid lowpost defender...has always had a very good mid range shot....and if he would come cheap he might be a nice addition....

hes alot like dale in some regards with a bit better offensive game-namely a jump shot....they both have warrior mentalities....great effort players...great rebounders

and he played with jo in portland...though im not sure how close they are now, maybe that connection could help him come to indy...who knows...

Default Re: Brian Grant

I believe JO hung out with Brian during the Miami series just like he does with Sheed.

I'm sure Jermaine would love it, but, and yes, I can't believe I'm saying this, I'd rather have Dale.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

PacersFan

I really like Brian Grant's game and he seems like a nice guy who works really hard. If I had to pick between him and Dale, I would probably pick him. He could be the low post player we need coming off the bench. I really like Dale, but I don't know if he'll be able to withstand a 82 game season.

foretaz

why not both?

Why not both? DD would sign for part of the MLE and Grant would just sign for Vet Minimum and let the Lakers pay the rest of his salary.

Works for me anyway.

Outsider

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not both? DD would sign for part of the MLE and Grant would just sign for Vet Minimum and let the Lakers pay the rest of his salary.

Works for me anyway.

Outsider

exxxxaaaccccttlllyyyy

jo
    artest
    davis
    jack
    jt

f. jones
    granger
    saras
    jj
    grant
    foster
    harrison
    bender
    pollard
    j. williams

croshere would be a casualty of the amnest clause in this scenario...

It was just reported on the news in Portland that if Grant gets waived he'll probably sign with the Blazers since he's going to retire here after his playing days are done.

But maybe the last chance to get a ring would pull him to the Pacers. I think he'd be a great fit in Indy and he's good friends with JO.

foretaz

i know brian loves portland....and portland loves him...

that would be my best guess on where he would go if the lakers would release him...and a big concern when i saw he might be let go....

my only hope would be that his friendship with jo and wanting that ring would lead him to indy for a season or two....

that being said...im not even sure just how healthy he is....id really be interested in one-how his knee is...and two-what kind of shape hes in....

brians conditioning can be a bit of an issue....and at his age it would be a concern....

but a healthy and inshape grant would be a solid addition to the team, IMO