Thread: DisplacedKnick must be under suicide watch

Default DisplacedKnick must be under suicide watch

What the hell are the Knicks thinking? Better question... What the hell is Zeke thinking?

at #8 with Granger, Green, etc. still on the board they pick Frye. I guess they need a big man so I can give them a pass on this pick.

At #21 the Suns pick Nate Robinson and then trade him with QRich to the Knicks for the one good big man the Knicks had in Kurt Thomas. Apparently Zeke plans on playing the unstoppable 5-guard lineup next year that will revolutionize the NBA. I mean, imagine the mis-matches it will create.

At #30 they pick David Lee when Taft, Turiaf, and Gomes still there.

Seriously, somebody needs to check on Rim. If you're out there Rim, it's not too late to jump on the Pacers bandwagon. There's always room for one more!

Default Re: DisplacedKnick must be under suicide watch

IMO, the key to what they're doing is Sweetney. If Aguirre can get him into shape, he can handle the meat-and-potatoes work down low to take pressure of Frye.

My understanding is Kurt has become a malcontent, and Richardson is the best you're gonna get for him, since Phoenix is so desperate for a big. Will Granger end up being better than Richardson? I don't know, but I see the logic of what Isiah did.

Just don't ask me to explain the whole Crawford thing.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I don't know much about Nate Robinson, but I thought trading Kurt for Q-Rich and a pick was a pretty good trade.

Hard to fault him for passing on Taft, who a lot of teams wanted no part of.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

QRich went to the knicks? Nice
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

I don't have much of a problem with the Lee pick - I've seen him play a couple of times and he's very Jeff Foster-ish - a bit undersize but a lot of hustle and effort and really hits the boards hard.

I like Nate Robinson. I just don't like him as a Knick. There was a rumor floating about the KT deal right about then and I posted something like, "That confirms it isn't our pick - PG's the only position we're set at with Marbury and Crawford but the Suns need someone - when Nash was hurt last year they used JJ at PG."

That makes no sense - I like Nate as a player, but not for us.

Then we get to my huge gripe - Channing Frye. Is our team a bunch of munchkins? Yup. Do we need size? You betcha. Is Frye gonna be a very good NBA player? Nope.

Stars is what this league's all about. With Graham, Granger, Green and Wright all on the board we picked Channing Frye? I think each of those guys has a chance to be very good NBA players. Scratch the KT deal, draft Graham or Granger and pick Turiaf who can help right away at 30. And at 54 draft Morris.

Channing Frye isn't a difference maker. What he is, is a soft PF who'll be playing out of position in a very physical game. UGH.

Bad, bad, bad draft. Unless I'm wrong about Frye.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is our team a bunch of munchkins? Yup.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Yeah, they really handcuffed themselves with the trade. They gave up their only serviceable big man making it impossible for them to take anyone else but Frye at #8. I know KT has been grumbling, but in their situation they have to just tell him to shut up and play. I don't think Frye will amount to much either, so I feel for you. At least he's tall.

Diesel

I don't have much of a problem with the Lee pick - I've seen him play a couple of times and he's very Jeff Foster-ish - a bit undersize but a lot of hustle and effort and really hits the boards hard.

I like Nate Robinson. I just don't like him as a Knick. There was a rumor floating about the KT deal right about then and I posted something like, "That confirms it isn't our pick - PG's the only position we're set at with Marbury and Crawford but the Suns need someone - when Nash was hurt last year they used JJ at PG."

That makes no sense - I like Nate as a player, but not for us.

Then we get to my huge gripe - Channing Frye. Is our team a bunch of munchkins? Yup. Do we need size? You betcha. Is Frye gonna be a very good NBA player? Nope.

Stars is what this league's all about. With Graham, Granger, Green and Wright all on the board we picked Channing Frye? I think each of those guys has a chance to be very good NBA players. Scratch the KT deal, draft Graham or Granger and pick Turiaf who can help right away at 30. And at 54 draft Morris.

Channing Frye isn't a difference maker. What he is, is a soft PF who'll be playing out of position in a very physical game. UGH.

Bad, bad, bad draft. Unless I'm wrong about Frye.
    You sum up my feelings exactly. living in New York I can tell you that not many people are happy with anything Isiah did during draft night. Even getting Richardson isn't much of an upgrade over Crawford. Offensively there about the same in terms of high volume shooters who shoot low percentages, neither are strong defenders. Also if they wanted a pg they would have been better off picking Jarratt Jack.

I was surprised they really went after Frye.I always thought it was more of a smokeskreen then anything else.I thought at pick 8 with both Granger, and Green were on the board, Isiah would have scooped one of them up.

Quote Originally Posted by bread
    What the hell are the Knicks thinking? Better question... What the hell is Zeke thinking?

at #8 with Granger, Green, etc. still on the board they pick Frye. I guess they need a big man so I can give them a pass on this pick.

At #21 the Suns pick Nate Robinson and then trade him with QRich to the Knicks for the one good big man the Knicks had in Kurt Thomas. Apparently Zeke plans on playing the unstoppable 5-guard lineup next year that will revolutionize the NBA. I mean, imagine the mis-matches it will create.

At #30 they pick David Lee when Taft, Turiaf, and Gomes still there.

Seriously, somebody needs to check on Rim. If you're out there Rim, it's not too late to jump on the Pacers bandwagon. There's always room for one more!
    At #8 why would they have picked Green or Granger? They play the 3 the one position they are stacked at. They picked a big man they needed at Frye. That was a good pick for them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What about the trade of Crawford for Nesterovic? The Spurs suposedly want a more reliable PG while the Knicks need size. If Popovich can get Glenn Robinson to play D, I bet he could get Crawford to. That may be too much to pay for a back up guard, but it would give them some real pop off the bench. I'm not sure if this is a good trade for New York though. But then again, neither was the last one the 2 teams made.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    What about the trade of Crawford for Nesterovic? The Spurs suposedly want a more reliable PG while the Knicks need size. If Popovich can get Glenn Robinson to play D, I bet he could get Crawford to. That may be too much to pay for a back up guard, but it would give them some real pop off the bench. I'm not sure if this is a good trade for New York though. But then again, neither was the last one the 2 teams made.
    I like that idea for the Knicks, if they can get a future 1st rounder along with it.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Sports Logo

I like Nate Robinson....but I would have gone with Jarrett Jack before going with him. He appears to be a much better solid PG then Robinson. But if you want a scoring PG....Robinson's your man.

Although Zeke is Evil....PURE EVIL.....this year...he doesn't have the GM award in the draft....that goes to Rob Babcock for picking up Villanueva.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    Although Zeke is Evil....PURE EVIL.....this year...he doesn't have the GM award in the draft....that goes to Rob Babcock for picking up Villanueva.
    I don't think coming in 2nd for that award this year makes Knick fans feel any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    At #8 why would they have picked Green or Granger? They play the 3 the one position they are stacked at. They picked a big man they needed at Frye. That was a good pick for them.
    Stacked? With that ferocious tandem of Tim Thomas (whose contract thankfully expires after next year) and Trevor Ariza?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    I like that idea for the Knicks, if they can get a future 1st rounder along with it.
    I think we already have all the Spurs' 1st rd picks we're allowed in one decade.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stacked? With that ferocious tandem of Tim Thomas (whose contract thankfully expires after next year) and Trevor Ariza?
    Hey don't forget Penny!

What are your thoughts on the Rasho/Crawford trade idea?

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    Hey don't forget Penny!

What are your thoughts on the Rasho/Crawford trade idea?
    We already have our squeezably soft center - thanks anyway.

Might have gone for it pre-draft.