Thread: Something I noticed from last night..

Detlef 11

Default Something I noticed from last night..

I haven't heard anybody mention it, but I really liked how Granger's dad reacted after his son was drafted by the Pacer's. He looked thrilled to death that his son was going to the Pacers. I think a lot of parents would have been disappointed if there son would have slipped like that in the draft. Also, sounds like his father is a very motivated, hardworking man. And I bet his son inherited these traits as well. The more I hear, I'm excited as hell about this pick.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Something I noticed from last night..

Character counts.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Character counts.
    From The Hustler:

Bert Gordon: You got talent.

Fast Eddie: I got talent? So what beat me?

Bert Gordon: Character.

Agreed. I like the continued pickups of high-character guys.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Eddie: How should I play that one, Bert? Play it safe? That's the way you always told me to play it, safe. Play the percentage. Well here we go, fast and loose. One ball, corner pocket. Yeah, percentage players die broke too, don't they, Bert? How can I lose? Twelve ball. How can I lose? Because you were right. It's not enough that ya just have talent. You gotta have character, too. Four ball. Yeah, I sure got character now. I picked it up in a hotel room in Louisville.

Fats: Shoot pool, Fast Eddie.

Eddie: I'm shootin' pool, Fats. When I miss, you can shoot. Five ball. Fourteen ball.Twelve ball...
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Eddie: How should I play that one, Bert? Play it safe? That's the way you always told me to play it, safe. Play the percentage. Well here we go, fast and loose. One ball, corner pocket. Yeah, percentage players die broke too, don't they, Bert? How can I lose? Twelve ball. How can I lose? Because you were right. It's not enough that ya just have talent. You gotta have character, too. Four ball. Yeah, I sure got character now. I picked it up in a hotel room in Louisville.

Fats: Shoot pool, Fast Eddie.

Eddie: I'm shootin' pool, Fats. When I miss, you can shoot. Five ball. Fourteen ball.Twelve ball...
    Sublime.

His father is shutting down his forklift repair business to move here with his son. Now that's dedication.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    His father is shutting down his forklift repair business to move here with his son. Now that's dedication.
    If my son was making that much money I would shut my buisness down and stay close to him just to make sure he didn't screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    If my son was making that much money I would shut my buisness down and stay close to him just to make sure he didn't screw it up.
    Yeah, and think of all of the LEGO bricks you could buy.........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Yeah, and think of all of the LEGO bricks you could buy.........