Thread: So...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default So...

Does this mean that we've seen the last of JJ as a Pacer?

Default Re: So...

Either him or Ron. Probably him.

I hope not
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Probably.

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I think its according to what he's offered elsewhere. If New Orleans(for example) offers him 3-4 M a yr the Pacers may not want to match it.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

I think so...but I hope not.

I think it would be good to keep him, gives Granger some competition for minuates.

If we lose him it will be the only bad part of drafting Granger, the fact we might lose such a quality player and person on the team. But hey, Granger isn't a bad compramise...

Doubt it, aren't all the Pacer Franchise High on this Kid, I think he's a Stayer, they make room for him, if anything I think Jack'll be the First to Go

Jesus Shuttlesworth

JJ is cool but if he can get more experience somewhere else than he should go. I wish he'd stay but contrary to what a lot of you believe it would not be the end of the world. I met James Jones a few times this year and I was so impressed at how nice and friendly he was and I would love for him to remain a Pacer but he needs to do what is best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!!
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doubt it, aren't all the Pacer Franchise High on this Kid, I think he's a Stayer, they make room for him, if anything I think Jack'll be the First to Go
    Wow...really? Just curious but why is that?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!!
    Why would we get rid of our starting SG to make room for another SF? If anything it will be Bender gone. Lately with all the LA rumors I didn't want Bender to go but since we got Granger I could care less. Bender can get the hell out of Indiana for whatever someone will give us.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It would be great to keep JJ, he progressed so much this year, but unless we do something with the logjam at the forward spot, by doing something with Cro, and or Bender, then I'm not sure where he'll get too many minutes, unless a trade is still going to happen.

At least it will keep the rest of the offseason interesting

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    Wow...really? Just curious but why is that?
    I have no real concrete evidence I just imagine he's the most expendable Sure he has a Nasty Edge that works well when Kept in tact but i wonder what he's like in the Locker-room, If Granger plays well I can see Jack getting traded mid season, a little bit more then Ron really, he was the last person acquired by the team and his role was back up to Reggie and now he might hit the starting line-up, even then I think he is best suited to 6th Man Tasks, he's like Ron Mercer in a couple ways ( I Think), If Granger cracks the starting line up next to Tins and Artest then I really could see Jack out the door

I don't think there will be a trade of eather right now, this year unless something surprising happens, JJ and Granger are both on Rookie contracts still and can't really go anywhere and have to be content with the PT they will be getting

for the PG,SG,SF we have

PG Tinsley/AJ/Freddie
    SG Jax,Artest,Freddie,Granger
    SF Artest,Jax,Granger,JJ,Bender

I really see that after Ron, Jax has the highest trade value and could be in demand by more teams then anyone else and if was to get a C or a future Lottery pick for him I woulden't be upset

Artest can play both SG/SF, we lose 3's if he plays SG but gain 3's at SF, it's tough..

Winning is all about Match Ups and I can see winners in every combo we can put out on the floor

Just a Thought..

JJ is a restricted FA and no longer on a rook contract.

I remain solid on the fact that JJ will move to the 2, he's a pure shooter and likely will be a nice matchup problem there.
    JJ hs learned a lot from Reg this past year and will continue to get better, afaik the org is very high on him
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I hope we keep JJ, if we don't I think that he will become of mythical proportions such as Brad Miller; we will all scratch our heads adn crinkle our brows in question after a game deciding shot doesn't fall in our favor and say 'What if?...'.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

I don't see why they can't keep everybody, at least for the moment.

Just take the 15 man roster from the end of the season and replace Miller/Edwards with Artest/Granger and let them compete.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy
    I don't see why they can't keep everybody, at least for the moment.
    The question is whether JJ will return now that we have Granger.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

3ptmiller

Yea i think so to... but we do get something very very much better in return

so where does this leave fred jones? Man we are so DEEP! that will work wonders in the playoffs.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    The question is whether JJ will return now that we have Granger.
    I'm sayin they can just keep them all and wave bye-bye to Edwards. I think Jones is a restricted free agent, which means the Pacers can match any offer he gets (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They can either just keep him and let those guys compete for minutes and the most deserving players will play, or they can put together a 3 for 1 type trade involving Jones (or someone else, opening up minutes for both him and Granger).

I don't think anybody on this team that plays the 3 is safe from trade -- not even Granger.

I'm with gniknave on this one. Bird's "noone is safe" comment made me think that.

Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    so where does this leave fred jones? Man we are so DEEP! that will work wonders in the playoffs.
    Depth is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by able
    I remain solid on the fact that JJ will move to the 2, he's a pure shooter and likely will be a nice matchup problem there.
    JJ hs learned a lot from Reg this past year and will continue to get better, afaik the org is very high on him
    I like that idea - but is it realistic? Can JJones play D at the SG spot?

I think Freddie will be gone, if its got to be someone. Wait a minute, is that possible with his contact?
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy
    I'm sayin they can just keep them all and wave bye-bye to Edwards. I think Jones is a restricted free agent, which means the Pacers can match any offer he gets (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
    Can someone tell me why Edwards is on the roster? We have 4 Centers to rotate in and out....why keep him?

JJ is a Restricted FA...so we can match.

I would love to keep JJ...but I'm wondering how the minutes will be split up. I love the depth....but how are we gonna split 96 minutes of playing time?

SG - SJax / Freddie / Granger
    SF - Artest / JJ / Granger

The problem is that I can't figure out how to give meaningful minutes to all 5 of them ( unless the minutes for SJax and Artest are cut down to about 28mpg )?

Odd man out...I would say that we let JJ go to another team. I would argue that we may not need JJ as much as we would need Freddie....IF we follow a SG/SF rotation of:

SG
    - SJax ( playing the majority of his minutes as the starting SG )
    - Freddie ( playing all of his minutes as the 2nd-string backup SG )
    - Granger ( playing a small # of his minutes as the 3rd-string backup SG...if needed )

SF
    - Artest ( playing all of his minutes as the starting SF )
    - Granger ( playing the majority of his minutes as the 2nd-string backup SF )
    - SJax ( playing a small # of minutes as the 3rd-string backup SF...if needed )

The flexiblility of SJax/JJ/Granger allows us to have them play multiple positions...but at this point...I am more excited about having Granger as the backup SF then having JJ be the backup SF.