Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Ben Wallace

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Default Thanks Ben Wallace

For ruining our season so we got this great draft pick! Who did the Pistons get? Jason Maxiell. That's f**king payback right there.

Default Re: Thanks Ben Wallace

No payback is sweeping them in the ECF next year and winning the championship.

Yea but this doesnt hurt.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For ruining our season so we got this great draft pick! Who did the Pistons get? Jason Maxiell. That's f**king payback right there.
    ........so the NBA draft is what you call "payback?"

Wow, between you and the Hawks fans, I'm not sure which is more intimidating.

Yeah, Maxiell isn't Granger, but when one team has a much higher draft pick, they had better get a better player......

And for the record, I'm very happy with Maxiell at the 26th pick. Shags can argue it all he wants, but I've seen the kid play. Things in the NBA that you can never have too much of are defense, long arms, and shot-blocking.

Our only real need was a quality swingman to back up Prince and Rip, but there was nobody available that we wanted at our pick. If Joe D works some more magic in the offseason, he can get a solid backup swingman.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I sensed you would make this thread out of what i been reading before, man that BS, No offence but i'd take Granger and shoot him if it means we got our season back and we had a Legit chance of Winning the NBA Finals, sure Granger might take us to five but who says he will...

Pass, Ben Wallace is still one big arse mutha F***A and i'll never thank him

He screwed our season and Granger makes it a bit better but i'd rather have Reggie having a ring then Granger

Smile Re: Thanks Ben Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    ........so the NBA draft is what you call "payback?"

Wow, between you and the Hawks fans, I'm not sure which is more intimidating.
    Hey the Hawks are on there way up! They might win 20 games.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree that Ben Wallace shoving Ron in the throat on 11/19 is one part, of a chain of things that happened that night, that lead to us not having as good of a record as we would have, with a full, non-suspended roster, which ultimately lead to us having a mid round pick which yielded us Danny Granger.

But unfortunately, Detroit doesn't have as many holes in their roster as we do, granted our bench is one of the deepest in the league, but like Dr Huxtable said, it won't be payback until we relinquish control of the Eastern Conference title, and move on to the Finals.

It isn't payback, but it's one of the few positives results of this past season. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Granger would drop to us. I about spit my drink all over the TV when Toronto chose The Browless Wonder over him.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Yeah the Hawks were really a contender in the first place. You have to admit Granger is a way better pick than Maxiell. Anyway whats the plan to ruin Indiana's season next season? Oh I can't wait until the first game against Detroit next season. You thought Indiana kicked your *** the first game last year!! You've become kind of mean since Detroit started losing. I know you know the Pistons are done.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by burnzone
    I agree that Ben Wallace shoving Ron in the throat on 11/19 is one part, of a chain of things that happened that night, that lead to us not having as good of a record as we would have, with a full, non-suspended roster, which ultimately lead to us having a mid round pick which yielded us Danny Granger.

But unfortunately, Detroit doesn't have as many holes in their roster as we do, granted our bench is one of the deepest in the league, but like Dr Huxtable said, it won't be payback until we relinquish control of the Eastern Conference title, and move on to the Finals.
    They have a starting five...THATS IT! There bench sucks come on. Would you trade anyone on our team for Lindsey Hunter, Darko Milic, Darvin Ham???

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Detroit screwed us last year and they did not repeat? When are you Pacers fans going to get it? Everyone needs to get off Detroits' nuts. Indiana is a lot better team than Detroit.

yes, our bench is better, but their starting 5 is better, and that is what plays most of the minutes.

I agree, their bench needs work, but we have work to do beyond just adding Danny Granger to be able to get past them in the playoffs, we just lost most of our playoff experience on the roster when Reggie left.

That's still not to take away from getting him in the draft, we got a lottery pick at 17, and I think he will be a big part of the rotation.

It's amazing how easy stupid threads are formed
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Detroit screwed us last year and they did not repeat? When are you Pacers fans going to get it? Everyone needs to get off Detroits' nuts. Indiana is a lot better team than Detroit.
    Agreed. Man, the Pistons are nothing compared to the Pacers. We shouldn't even bother showing up in Indiana, just forefit every game.

Yeah the Hawks were really a contender in the first place. You have to admit Granger is a way better pick than Maxiell.
    Bogut is also a much better player than Granger. Man, the Bucks really stuck it to the Pacers!

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

I dont know if we are better YET...Because they have won...we havent.

But at the same time,I cant stand alot of the detroit butt kissing.

I know we dont want to have something like RATS or ESPN boards.

But at the same time,I gotta stand up for what I think is right,Just like Kstat does,or how Shuttlesworth does.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Indiana has a better starting five than Detroit. Detroit is a little better at SG and C but come on JO is a lot better than Sheed and Artest is a lot better than Tayshaun. I'd give the edge to Tinsley over Billups but only when he is healthy. I think Detroit is a lot older than Indiana too.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    I dont know if we are better YET...Because they have won...we havent.

But at the same time,I cant stand alot of the detroit butt kissing.

I know we dont want to have something like RATS or ESPN boards.

But at the same time,I gotta stand up for what I think is right,Just like Kstat does,or how Shuttlesworth does.
    Brian is my new favorite poster on here.

Billups, and Hamilton are better than Tinsley and Jackson, yes Ron, on paper when his head is screwed on staright, is better than Tayshaun, but there are variables there, Sheed and JO is a wash, even though on paper, and to us, JO is the better player, but we're talking about playoff experience, and effectiveness here. And Ben vs Jeff or Dale os no comparison, so other than Ron on the chance that we get him on a good day, is the only advantage on the starting 5.

Indiana has a better starting five than Detroit.
    You're right. Our starting five sucks. Indiana's is all bound for the hall of fame, along with half their bench and their coach. Maybe if I pray hard enough, our pathetic 5 can overcome the Pacers's lineup, which will challenge the 86 celtics for the best in history.

Anyway whats the plan to ruin Indiana's season next season? Oh I can't wait until the first game against Detroit next season.
    Well, typically our plan has to beat them in the playoffs. Unconventional method for sure, but it's worked thusfar.

You thought Indiana kicked your *** the first game last year!! You've become kind of mean since Detroit started losing. I know you know the Pistons are done.
    Yes, I'm already hiding under my bed in terror at the thought of facing the pacers in november again, or the bobcats, or bucks, or hawks, or any of the other 15 teams that blew us out in nivember and december.

Yes, I realize we're done. Our two conference titles mean nothing. All hail Indiana.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Agreed. Man, the Pistons are nothing compared to the Pacers. We shouldn't even bother showing up in Indiana, just forefit every game.

Bogut is also a much better player than Granger. Man, the Bucks really stuck it to the Pacers!
    Then the fans can use the time that they used to use watching games by learning to spell simple words such as forfeit.

Kstat,Im not trying to start anything.

Im just honestly wondering why a devoted pistons fan posts on a pacers board?.

Again im not trying to start anything,Im just wondering.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

at this thread.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Exactly, it is pathetic enough that some PACERS fans spend so much time on this board (including myself). Don't give the excuse you just like good basketball talk. You get some sort of pleasure by having "Pacers fans" kiss Detroits *** and tell you what a great fan you are. I don't understand how you could spend so much time on an enemy's board. How much time do you spend on Pistons boards.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    at this thread.
    Agreed. This whole thread has been a waste of brain cells.

UB, Jay, Suave, Peck, BP, Rim, Dipper, Shade, Hicks, SIG, Efx, among others.

A lot of us came to PD together, and we all built this place from the ground up. Pistons fan or not, I thought we created something special here. I originally joined IS, because they gave me an inside perspective on a division rival, and I in turn gave them the same thing.

Being a fan of another team doesn't mean you have to hate other fans. These guys aren't my "enemies." Some of the best basketball discussion I've ever had has come here.

Pacers Digest isn't about blind hate. People should understand that before checking in here.