Thread: Rommie's draft thoughts.

Default Rommie's draft thoughts.

First off....I am so happy for what Toronto and and Orlando did picking Charlie and Fran because these are two guys I did not want either of these guys in a Pacer's uniform. Why in the world would Toronto take Charlie who will probably play the 4 when they have Chris Bosh there? This is one of the few times I actually agree with ESPN. Channy Frye would have been a much better pick for them as he might be able to play some 5, although I think he is pretty overratted. Also, Fran Vazquez is another WTF pick when you have Dwright Howard at that very same position. And its not so much that these teams already have a suitable player at the same position but the fact that both of these teams have needs that could have been filled. Danny Granger or Antoine Wright would have been a much better pick IMO.

Steals of the draft will defentily be Danny Granger [I hate to be biased but I think it's true.] and Gerald Green. I think that Ryan Gomes would have made a nice pick for a late first round team or early second round team but fell on the way to 50. Antoine Wright falling was also a suprise but I was also suprised that New Jersey picked him with Hakim Warrick on the board. That's just to bad too because Jason Kidd, VC, RJ, and Hakim would have been quite good together.

I defentily like who we picked. I also like what Boston did but some of that was luck, Gerald Green falling all the way to 18. I think that the Warriors did a nice job of adding talent especially in the second round taking Chris Taft and Monta Ellis. Not a big fan of either but no one can go against talent so late in the draft.

But the team who I think did the best was Charlotte. I just love what Raymond Felton and Sean May can do for them. Especially May. I just think that he will be a good basketball player for a long time but I think the majority of you will disagree with me on that.

Default Re: Rommie's draft thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First off....I am so happy for what Toronto and and Orlando did picking Charlie and Fran because these are two guys I did not want either of these guys in a Pacer's uniform. Why in the world would Toronto take Charlie who will probably play the 4 when they have Chris Bosh there? This is one of the few times I actually agree with ESPN. Channy Frye would have been a much better pick for them as he might be able to play some 5, although I think he is pretty overratted. Also, Fran Vazquez is another WTF pick when you have Dwright Howard at that very same position. And its not so much that these teams already have a suitable player at the same position but the fact that both of these teams have needs that could have been filled. Danny Granger or Antoine Wright would have been a much better pick IMO.

Steals of the draft will defentily be Danny Granger [I hate to be biased but I think it's true.] and Gerald Green. I think that Ryan Gomes would have made a nice pick for a late first round team or early second round team but fell on the way to 50. Antoine Wright falling was also a suprise but I was also suprised that New Jersey picked him with Hakim Warrick on the board. That's just to bad too because Jason Kidd, VC, RJ, and Hakim would have been quite good together.

I defentily like who we picked. I also like what Boston did but some of that was luck, Gerald Green falling all the way to 18. I think that the Warriors did a nice job of adding talent especially in the second round taking Chris Taft and Monta Ellis. Not a big fan of either but no one can go against talent so late in the draft.

But the team who I think did the best was Charlotte. I just love what Raymond Felton and Sean May can do for them. Especially May. I just think that he will be a good basketball player for a long time but I think the majority of you will disagree with me on that.
    Steals of Draft:
    Hakim Warrick
    Granger
    Green

Sean May is not the next Elton Brand. The Bobcats didn't need a PG..They had Brevin Knight..The 2nd-3rd best passing PG in the NBA..Any guy that can average 8-9 APG with a sorry team like the Bobcats is a great passing PG. The only reason the bobcats grabbed May and Felton were for ticket sales. All those Tarheel fans are going to be in Charlotte watching the Bobcats now.

For having the #5 and #13 picks, The Bobcats could have done a ton better. They needed a SF and a SG. They have Knight playing PG and doing a good job, Okafor playing good at PF, and our old buddy Brezec at center. They could have grabbed Warrick and Granger and possibly been a playoff contender. But instead, They grabbed May who is an unathletic SF/PF tweener and Felton who was picked probably 4 spots before he sould have. The Bobcats had an average draft at best.

Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Steals of Draft:
    Hakim Warrick
    Granger
    Green

Sean May is not the next Elton Brand. The Bobcats didn't need a PG..They had Brevin Knight..The 2nd-3rd best passing PG in the NBA..Any guy that can average 8-9 APG with a sorry team like the Bobcats is a great passing PG. The only reason the bobcats grabbed May and Felton were for ticket sales. All those Tarheel fans are going to be in Charlotte watching the Bobcats now.

For having the #5 and #13 picks, The Bobcats could have done a ton better. They needed a SF and a SG. They have Knight playing PG and doing a good job, Okafor playing good at PF, and our old buddy Brezec at center. They could have grabbed Warrick and Granger and possibly been a playoff contender. But instead, They grabbed May who is an unathletic SF/PF tweener and Felton who was picked probably 4 spots before he sould have. The Bobcats had an average draft at best.
    With the depth that was available in this draft they could have done better. I like Jarrat Jack better then Felton my self and I don't understand picking up May when they already have Okafur. I don't view May as a smallforward at all and neither Okafur or May are big enough to play center. I was shocked when they didn't get Granger with the 13th pick and after that pick I was convinced that Granger or Greene would be available when we picked.

[QUOTE=Moses]
    For having the #5 and #13 picks, The Bobcats could have done a ton better. They needed a SF and a SG. They have Knight playing PG and doing a good job, Okafor playing good at PF, and our old buddy Brezec at center.QUOTE]

A point about Knight is that he does have injury problems and plus the Bobcats are a team of the future.

Interesting point about Prezec, he did put up some good numbers. I just like what May can do. He knows how to play IMO but I understand we disagree on May. I kind of wonder what they will do with Prezec.

[QUOTE=rommie]
    For having the #5 and #13 picks, The Bobcats could have done a ton better. They needed a SF and a SG. They have Knight playing PG and doing a good job, Okafor playing good at PF, and our old buddy Brezec at center.QUOTE]

A point about Knight is that he does have injury problems and plus the Bobcats are a team of the future.

Interesting point about Prezec, he did put up some good numbers. I just like what May can do. He knows how to play IMO but I understand we disagree on May. I kind of wonder what they will do with Prezec.
    The main problem with Knight is the fact that he's inconsistent year in and out. But after watching him a few times last year..I think he could lead the NBA in assists this year. But I don't think bringing Felton in was a good idea..Considering they could have filled a void that needed to be filled at the #5 pick..I just didn't like it. I would be furious if I was a out of state bobcats fan right now..If there are any.

Brevin Knight, along with most of Charlotte's roster, is a free agent.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

[QUOTE=rommie]
    I kind of wonder what they will do with Prezec.
    Play him at center, what else! May is a power forward.