Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

On a side note, I saw that Granger will be playing in the Summer League....along with Ron, which I'm guessing means Ron will be playing SG. That's going to be some unfortunate sons of *****es that have to go against Granger and Artest in the summer league.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a side note, I saw that Granger will be playing in the Summer League....along with Ron, which I'm guessing means Ron will be playing SG. That's going to be some unfortunate sons of *****es that have to go against Granger and Artest in the summer league.
    Yeah! And than add up Edwards aswell!!!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Our Summer League team will be dominant. We will DESTROY!!! DESTROY!!! DESTROY!!!

This will however, offer little to me in the way that It'll be just the Summer League. That is unless of course, we play Detroit's Summer League. Then I'll probably care.

And yes, I didn't actually make this thread to be serious. Stephen Jackson is way better than Michael Jordon.

Who is this Jordon dude and why haven't I heard of him

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say Ron has far more basketball "talent" than Reggie? It seems to me Reggie was among the most "skilled" players in the league for years, operating with far less "talent".

I think of talent as physical potential, but skills as applied talent. I think of skills as techniques and methods of getting the most out of your talent. Reggie was clearly not as quick, not as strong, and not as fluid as a lot of other players, but he was so ~skilled~ that he was able to compete successfully with far more talented players.

I think Ron is also "skilled", but less so than Reggie. When Ron's skills peak, he can rely on his "talent" for success (his strength, his ferocity).

Maybe?
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    Too bad that "skills" are only a tiny, tiny part of the entire game.
    Don't let foretaz here you say that. According to him, talent and "skills" are all that make up the player. According to him, John Stockton was one of the most talented players in NBA history.

What has me curious is I remember reading that someone in the organization (was it Bird?) said that Granger was taken for "insurance". My question is what kind of insurance? Insurance for just incase Ron goes down with an injury or implodes, or insurance so that in case a Ron deal is made they have somebody that can "play now" to fill the void. I'm not for a Ron trade, but I'm not as against it as I once was either.

One thing on Granger, out of all the programs I've watched that have talked about the guy, I've heard absolutely no negatives. That's a little scary to me

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    god i hope david harrison is the next bill cartwright and not the next luc longley...
    so does this mean croshere is the next jud buechler?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    so does this mean croshere is the next jud buechler?
    more than likely jack haley

Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    I expect to see alot of that this year if Ron Artest isn't traded. Both of them are very versatile defenders so they both should be able to match up well against opposing twos and threes in the league.