Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

  1. #1
    Member scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milford, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,043
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    And I consider myself an Artest fan. But now, I'm less of an Artest fan. I'm really happy we got Granger. I think Granger will be a very good player at the NBA level and truthfully, at some point, he's gunna be as good if not better than Ron. I think trading Ron in a package deal for a center like Jamaal Magloire would be best. I know alot of people love Ronnie, but a good center would put us over the top. Granger is a rookie now, but he'll develope nicely and I'd rather not have Al Harrington II on this team, so why not just deal Artest and let Granger start?

    I know I'm going to get some bad looks on here, but Figs take is that Granger is the next Scottie Pippen, and Stephen Jackson is the next Michael Jordon.

    (Yes, I've been drinking )

  2. #2
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    god i hope david harrison is the next bill cartwright and not the next luc longley...

  3. #3
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I consider myself an Artest fan. But now, I'm less of an Artest fan. I'm really happy we got Granger. I think Granger will be a very good player at the NBA level and truthfully, at some point, he's gunna be as good if not better than Ron. I think trading Ron in a package deal for a center like Jamaal Magloire would be best. I know alot of people love Ronnie, but a good center would put us over the top. Granger is a rookie now, but he'll develope nicely and I'd rather not have Al Harrington II on this team, so why not just deal Artest and let Granger start?

    I know I'm going to get some bad looks on here, but Figs take is that Granger is the next Scottie Pippen, and Stephen Jackson is the next Michael Jordon.

    (Yes, I've been drinking )
    Ok, I would have taken the post seriously had you not compared Stephen Jackson to MJ.

    Granger will not be better then Artest. Artest brings more things to the table then any other player in the NBA. Size, Fierceness, Defense, Offense, and Consistency. Granger will be a great defender and an even better offensive player then Ron..But the fact is that Granger wont ever amount up to what Ron Artest is in terms of defense. Nobody who plays SF can with the exception of AK47 in terms of defense.

    And this isn't Al Harrington II. Granger will get more PT then Harrington did because he's a better player..Plain and simple. Granger will be how Joe Johnson was before last year. An excellent bench player who can occasionally step in and be starter when needed.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, I would have taken the post seriously had you not compared Stephen Jackson to MJ.

    Granger will not be better then Artest. Artest brings more things to the table then any other player in the NBA. Size, Fierceness, Defense, Offense, and Consistency. Granger will be a great defender and an even better offensive player then Ron..But the fact is that Granger wont ever amount up to what Ron Artest is in terms of defense. Nobody who plays SF can with the exception of AK47 in terms of defense.

    And this isn't Al Harrington II. Granger will get more PT then Harrington did because he's a better player..Plain and simple. Granger will be how Joe Johnson was before last year. An excellent bench player who can occasionally step in and be starter when needed.
    Thats kinda the way I feel.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  5. #5
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    If he's as good or better than Ron (and I hope he is) this was the best draft pick in Pacers history

  6. #6

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    I like what Hoopshype says about Granger:

    Indiana gets another fundamentally sound player. He'll make the Pacers even deeper.
    Comparison: Joe Johnson / - Competitors: Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  7. #7
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    I'm extremely excited about getting Granger at 17, but let's get real. He has yet to play one minute in the NBA, we don't really know what we got. We won't really know for a few more years if he can even hold Ron's jockstrap.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  8. #8
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    I think it's cool that we've gone from wishing we could trade for Joe Johnson to drafting someone who could turn out just as good.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Why don't we wait and see how it turns out before dealing Ron away, let him play backup for a while, if after a couple years he really develops, then trade Ron. I'm not down with starting a rookie for a team that should make a run at a championship.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  10. #10
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by TruWarier
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't we wait and see how it turns out before dealing Ron away, let him play backup for a while, if after a couple years he really develops, then trade Ron. I'm not down with starting a rookie for a team that should make a run at a championship.
    I don't even think we should trade Ron unless when his contract is up he wants an 100 mil dollar contract. If anything, We should trade SJax or make him our 6th man if Granger turns out to be a fantastic player.

  11. #11
    Chest Rockwell
    Guest

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    If you are including Ron's mental illness with his talent then this is close, but in terms of basketball ability there are no fewer than 10 NBA players who compare to Ron Artest.

    My hope is that Ron returns focused and uncrazy. Granger will provide defense and rebounding and occasional scoring at the 3 and 4. Pacers become the favorites to win the East.

  12. #12
    WEST
    Guest

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    and Stephen Jackson is the next Michael Jordon.

    (Yes, I've been drinking )
    You are going to read this in the morning and say "What the hell was I thinking?"

    Drink up.

  13. #13
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he's as good or better than Ron (and I hope he is) this was the best draft pick in Pacers history
    Over Reggie?


    Reggie was a fixture of the franchise for 18 years. Reggie put the team on the map. Reggie led the franchise to the finals.

    Let's see if Granger can do that.

  14. #14
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Granger may never be a talented as Artest, but in terms of value to the team, he may not have too far to go.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  15. #15
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over Reggie?


    Reggie was a fixture of the franchise for 18 years. Reggie put the team on the map. Reggie led the franchise to the finals.

    Let's see if Granger can do that.
    Artest is better in terms of basketball skill then Reggie.

    Sorry you Reggie fanatics had to hear that.

  16. #16
    Chest Rockwell
    Guest

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    But he has the mental stability of a serial killer.

    Okay, not that bad, but he's nuts.

  17. #17
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Artest is better in terms of basketball skill then Reggie.

    Sorry you Reggie fanatics had to hear that.


    I think every person on this board would agree with you that Ron has more "skills" than Reggie.

    Too bad that "skills" are only a tiny, tiny part of the entire game.

    Reggie put the team on his back for 18 years. Reggie put the Pacers on the map. Reggie was someone that we as Pacers fans could all be proud. He represented the city well. Ron EMBARASSED the Pacers.

    Sure, Ron has some "skillz" but from what he's shown so far, Ron doesn't have the mental ability to do what Reggie did for 18 years.

    You can go to the courts in NYC or anywhere else and find alot of players that have more raw "skillz" than Reggie. Skills are extremely overrated. You think Larry Bird was one of the best players skillwise? Hell no. Bird had heart, drive, and did whatever it took to win. That's what Reggie had to, unfortunately he wasn't able to win the rings that Bird did.

    Skills mean nothing if you aren't a team player, and dont have the mental part of the game.

    When did Reggie ever quit on the team?

    When did Reggie ever start fights amongst teammates by saying he was the best player?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    I thought this was about Granger? The abilities were being compared, not the other stuff. Abilitywise, if he is like Ron, he IS the best pick ever by Indiana
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  19. #19
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Ron is a team player. He isn't running around playing 1 on 5 basketball like Kobe Bryant. And the whole argument about this is..If Granger is better then Artest..Then he is the best pick in Pacers history. Not only would Granger have his head on straight but he would also have the skill set of Ron Artest.

  20. #20
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought this was about Granger? The abilities were being compared, not the other stuff. Abilitywise, if he is like Ron, he IS the best pick ever by Indiana
    You beat me to it. ;oP

  21. #21
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought this was about Granger? The abilities were being compared, not the other stuff. Abilitywise, if he is like Ron, he IS the best pick ever by Indiana

    How in the world can you say that all he has to do to be a more important pick than Reggie is to match Ron?

    Reggie put the team on his back for 18 years. Reggie did stuff that skills cant get you. Reggie was all HEART.

    Yeah, Ron has "skills", but skills don't do you much good when you're out for almost the entire season. There are a TON of players that have had more skills than Reggie, but very few have had the heart.

    I'll take the heart any day.

  22. #22
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How in the world can you say that all he has to do to be a more important pick than Reggie is to match Ron?

    Reggie put the team on his back for 18 years. Reggie did stuff that skills cant get you. Reggie was all HEART.

    Yeah, Ron has "skills", but skills don't do you much good when you're out for almost the entire season. There are a TON of players that have had more skills than Reggie, but very few have had the heart.

    I'll take the heart any day.
    Ok, What makes you think Granger doesn't have heart..The guy played for New Mexico didn't he? And Reggie didn't carry the Pacers til the early 90's...So there..He only carried the team for 16 years..;oP

  23. #23
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, What makes you think Granger doesn't have heart..The guy played for New Mexico didn't he? And Reggie didn't carry the Pacers til the early 90's...So there..He only carried the team for 16 years..;oP

    I'm not referring to Granger's heart at all. I'm sure he has heart.

    I'm referring to the statement that all he has to do is match Artest's skill level to become the Pacers best draft pick ever. Basically I take that to mean Artest's impact>Reggie's impact.

  24. #24
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Well, I guess techinically no pick we ever make would have as much of an impact on our franchise as Reggie did..So I guess you are right. BUt if Granger carries us to a championship some day (I know I am getting WAY WAY WAY ahead of myself here) then I would have to say that he was the best pick ever. ;oP

  25. #25
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Figs take on Granger (Not for Artest fans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I guess techinically no pick we ever make would have as much of an impact on our franchise as Reggie did..So I guess you are right. BUt if Granger carries us to a championship some day (I know I am getting WAY WAY WAY ahead of myself here) then I would have to say that he was the best pick ever. ;oP

    I'm in agreement there.

    Anyone that ever can lead this franchise to a title will replace Reg as far as impact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •