Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 591

Thread: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

  1. #326
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    8,678

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never thought Tebow got a real shot after his amazing playoff runs. I considered him one of those guys that—despite the stats and the math—just showed up when it mattered and won. I thought Flutie was the same way, and he didn't seem to get a real shot either, before going to the Canadian league.
    Are you kidding me? The defense carried the Broncos, Tebow literally signed with what, 3 or 4 more teams and couldn't stick. I'm sorry QB in the NFL isn't a position where you can just win. Flutie was far more skilled than Tim Tebow. And in the end that skill lead to a successful NFL career while Tebow, who was given too many chances, is now playing minor league baseball. I don't care about stats or math, just watch the guy throw. The eye test tells everything.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  3. #327
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny Granger in the end was a better Pacer than Paul George.
    Given his tenure and contribution...I have to agree. I'm not even a Granger fan. He will go down remembered in Indiana in a much more positive light obviously.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  4. #328
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This reads a bit racist.
    I'm positive that you aren't insinuating that Sollozzo is racist by any means. But if you're familiar with his posts, you'd know this wasn't meant with any sort of racial epithet lol.

    He always comments on guys hair

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  6. #329
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,032

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    I might get skewered for this one but: baseball is pretty boring. I enjoy the community spirit, they have the best logos in sports generally, and getting drunk at the games is fun, but I can't just sit around and watch baseball.

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  8. #330
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,290

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm positive that you aren't insinuating that Sollozzo is racist by any means. But if you're familiar with his posts, you'd know this wasn't meant with any sort of racial epithet lol.

    He always comments on guys hair
    I think he's a 26 year old bald man who is racist against a lot of lettuce.
    Danger Zone

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  10. #331
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,290

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might get skewered for this one but: baseball is really boring. I enjoy the community spirit, they have the best logos in sports generally, and getting drunk at the games is fun, but I can't just sit around and watch baseball.
    fixed
    Danger Zone

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  12. #332
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    8,678

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might get skewered for this one but: baseball is pretty boring. I enjoy the community spirit, they have the best logos in sports generally, and getting drunk at the games is fun, but I can't just sit around and watch baseball.
    Baseball is the worst unless:
    1. You are at the park, drinking beer.
    2. Its October.


  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  14. #333
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,063

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Golf is not an sport.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  15. #334
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    I love women, but the WNBA is irrelevant. More Pacemates please.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  17. #335
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    5,513

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might get skewered for this one but: baseball is pretty boring. I enjoy the community spirit, they have the best logos in sports generally, and getting drunk at the games is fun, but I can't just sit around and watch baseball.
    Baseball has a very strong local following, but a very weak national following. Fans root for their teams and essentially stop watching when their teams are out of it, with small exceptions like the Cubs last season, or a Yankees - Red Sox playoff series.

    It makes sense, considering your baseball team plays every day.
    #DBAP

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  19. #336

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe you can sync up the radio with the TV and just turn off the TV sound (Boyle is great!):

    http://www.sportsyncradio.com/
    There's also the Tunity app


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lamar Mundane For This Useful Post:


  21. #337
    #LanceEffect TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,507

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Waiving Kevin Seraphin is the worst player transaction we've made all summer.

  22. #338

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    The problem with baseball is that, unlike other sports, it isn't a meritocracy during the game. In other words, the best players aren't rewarded with more opportunities. It doesn't matter how good you are, you still have to wait your turn in the batting order, and only get to make a play on defense if the ball happens to be hit to you.

    Imagine if basketball or football worked that way. After LeBron makes a shot, 8 other guys have to take a shot before he can score again. Or, after David Johnson gets a carry, every other player has to get a tote before he can run it again. It would kill the national star power of those best players.

    Same thing with baseball. It doesn't matter how good Mike Trout is, he's only going to get 4 at bats, and a few defensive opportunities each game. You can't create national superstars with that little action.

    Having said that, I really like baseball.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to LongTimePacerFan For This Useful Post:


  24. #339
    You've got no fans! IrishPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,777

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Golf is not an sport.
    i) *a
    ii) You're wrong.
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

    Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:


  26. #340

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i) *a
    ii) You're wrong.
    Semantics. Is bowling a sport? Chess? Video Games? Thumb wrestling? A staring contest?

  27. #341
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,793
    Mood

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baseball is the worst unless:
    1. You are at the park, drinking beer.
    2. Its October.
    Honestly, basketball is the only sport I truly like.

    Football - good sport but only 16 games? I watched every colts game last year and don't even really feel like a fan

    Baseball - waaaay too slow. 160 boring games. 10 teams in the playoffs? I'm sorry, baseball just sucks.

    Hockey - not bad, but not enough scoring. You can outplay the other team the entire game but if they get lucky and slap the puck in the goal it's all irrelevant. Worth a watch sometimes, but it's not basketball.

    Soccer - boring version of hockey. FIFA video game is fun though.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  29. #342
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,147

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Semantics. Is bowling a sport? Chess? Video Games? Thumb wrestling? A staring contest?

    Childrens games. If you want real competition, its got to be Rock/Paper/Scissors.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  31. #343
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back to basketball...

    Whatever team trades for Kyrie Irving will be making a mistake. He's not good enough to be the top player on a championship team.
    that guy to me seems like more an entertainer than a winner. i know this is extreme but he might choose to be a full time uncle drew.

  32. #344
    You've got no fans! IrishPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,777

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Semantics. Is bowling a sport? Chess? Video Games? Thumb wrestling? A staring contest?
    It's more than semantics. Golf is a sport.
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

    Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:


  34. #345
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,032

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    I should add, I say what I say about baseball as someone whose father was a very good baseball player and was picked up by an MLB franchise (he never made it to the majors). I was never into baseball as a little kid though and my Dad didn't try to indoctrinate me. The high school coach was pretty disappointed when he approached me my freshman year and I told him I hadn't played since I was 9 years old and wasn't interested. Baseball was just never my thing.

  35. #346
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,032

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love women, but the WNBA is irrelevant. More Pacemates please.
    I think it's alright. Good fundamental basketball. I'll watch it on TV on the weekends if I'm flipping the channels.

    I've been to a couple games it was a decent experience. I'll tell you though, I was obviously sitting amid of sea of same-sex female couples. I literally could not care less, but I bet that turns off some religious people and others from going to the games.

  36. #347
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    34,760

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny Granger in the end was a better Pacer than Paul George.
    No way. Did granger lead the pacers to two Eastern Conference finals matchups with the Heat. No Maybe it is easy to forget, but PG hit the game tying three with under 10 seconds left in game 1 that sent it into OT. PG ended the game with 28 points. PG was fouled while shooting a three with 2.2 second left in OT and he hit all three free throws to give the pacers a 1 point lead.

    Everyone can be upset and feel how ever they want about PG leaving the team, but let's not use that emotion to diminish how good PG was and is.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  38. #348
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,980

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way. Did granger lead the pacers to two Eastern Conference finals matchups with the Heat. No Maybe it is easy to forget, but PG hit the game tying three with under 10 seconds left in game 1 that sent it into OT. PG ended the game with 28 points. PG was fouled while shooting a three with 2.2 second left in OT and he hit all three free throws to give the pacers a 1 point lead.

    Everyone can be upset and feel how ever they want about PG leaving the team, but let's not use that emotion to diminish how good PG was and is.
    Re-read without the emotion. Danny Granger in the end was a better Pacer than Paul George. I didn't say he was a better player. Better Pacer means he, well it can mean whatever you want it to mean but in my case he was more loyal to the franchise than what Paul was. Even to this day, even how his tenure ended with the club Danny refer's to the pacer as My Pacers.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

    pta

  40. #349
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    34,760

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Re-read without the emotion. Danny Granger in the end was a better Pacer than Paul George. I didn't say he was a better player. Better Pacer means he, well it can mean whatever you want it to mean but in my case he was more loyal to the franchise than what Paul was. Even to this day, even how his tenure ended with the club Danny refer's to the pacer as My Pacers.
    OK. I see your point. Not sure I care about this issue though.

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  42. #350
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,504

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My unpopular opinion thread (summer 2017 version)

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Childrens games. If you want real competition, its got to be Rock/Paper/Scissors/Lizard/Spock.
    FTFY

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •