Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [538] Do The Celtics Have Enough Star Power To Win a Title? Not Yet. (Dipo mention)

Sports Logo

Default Re: [538] Do The Celtics Have Enough Star Power To Win a Title? Not Yet. (Dipo mention)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The same author predicted Hillary Clinton had a 98% chance at winning the election (not making this political just using as a reference)..
    Wait a sec. 538 only gave Clinton a 71.4% chance at winning the election. Here's their prediction -> https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

I mean, they were still wrong on that just like everyone else but they weren't as wrong as others
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: [538] Do The Celtics Have Enough Star Power To Win a Title? Not Yet. (Dipo mention)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The same author predicted Hillary Clinton had a 98% chance at winning the election (not making this political just using as a reference)..

It's a nice little stat chart but idk what it means in real life. Only 1 "beta" has ever made a conference final.

What are you talking about? Silver's final prediction before the election only gave Clinton a 71.4% chance of winning, which was far lower than most other outlets. Silver routinely gave Trump a better chance of winning than most, and pretty much always said that what ended up happening was reasonably possible, though obviously wasn't what the odds leaned to at the time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I like to tell myself that he never would have developed to this point in Indiana because the Spurs are A+ at developing guys (and I think have some lauded shooting coach that did wonders for his jump shot?), though it's a backhanded thing to say because of what it implies about our favorite team's ability to maximize players.

I think there is truth to this. The Pacers also tend to be good at developing players though, but not as good as the Spurs. If he comes here he probably ends up being more of a Hayward/PG level player than getting MVP votes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post: