Thread: Mark Monteith's NBA mock draft

Default Mark Monteith's NBA mock draft

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...0403/506260448

Mark Monteith's NBA mock draft

1. Milwaukee: Andrew Bogut

Height: 7-0, Weight: 245, Position: C, School: Utah, Bucks desperate for a big man, and he wowed them in his interview

2. Atlanta: Marvin Williams

Height: 6-9, Weight: 230, Position: F, School: North Carolina, Hawks prefer him over Bogut anyway; most potential in the draft

3. Portland: Gerald Green

Height: 6-8, Weight: 200, Position: SG, School: Gulf Shores Academy, Blazers looking to trade this pick; if so, Chris Paul could go here

4. New Orleans: Chris Paul

Height: 6-0, Weight: 175, Position: PG, School: Wake Forest, Hornets need to replace Baron Davis, and he fits their style

5. Charlotte: Raymond Felton

Height: 6-1, Weight: 198, Position: PG, School: North Carolina, Bobcats also need a point guard, and this Tar Heel brings a local angle

6. Utah Deron: Williams

Height: 6-3, Weight: 195, Position: PG, School: Illinois, Jazz get an instant starter with three-year college veteran

7. Toronto: Danny Granger

Height: 6-8, Weight: 225, Position: SF, School: New Mexico, Stock rose dramatically in postseason workouts

8. New York: Channing Frye

Height: 6-11, Weight: 248, Position: C, School: Arizona, Knicks will go big; Fran Vazquez also a possibility

9. Golden State: Ike Diogu

Height: 6-8, Weight: 250, Position: PF, School: Arizona State, Ready-made front-line player would provide needed toughness

10. Los Angeles Lakers: Fran Vazquez

Height: 6-10, Weight: 238, Position: C, Country: Spain, Phil Jackson wants immediate help, and Vazquez fits the mode

11. Orlando: Antoine Wright

Height: 6-7, Weight: 210, Position: SG, School: Texas A&M, Magic fill a need with second-best shooting guard prospect

12. Los Angeles Clippers: Yaroslav Korolev

Height: 6-9, Weight: 203, Position: SF, Country: Russia, Great prospect but only 17; needs more time in NBDL or Europe

13. Charlotte (from Cleveland): Sean May

Height: 6-9, Weight: 266, Position: PF, School: North Carolina, Another local player for the Bobcats and a top prospect

14. Minnesota: Martell Webster

Height: 6-7, Weight: 210, Position: SG, School: Seattle Prep, Too promising to pass up, and Wolves need to replenish backcourt

15. New Jersey: Hakim Warrick

Height: 6-9, Weight: 219, Position: PF, School: Syracuse, Four-year collegian fills a glaring need on Nets' front line

16. Toronto: Andrew Bynum

Height: 7-0, Weight: 285, Position: C, School: St. Joseph H.S., Raptors need a center and this one has star potential -- some day

17. Indiana: Francisco Garcia

Height: 6-7, Weight: 195, Position: SG, School: Louisville, Built like Reggie Miller, and one of draft's best shooters

18. Boston: Joey Graham

Height: 6-7, Weight: 225, Position: SF, School: Oklahoma State, Athletic wing player can step in and help immediately

19. Memphis: Jarrett Jack

Height: 6-3, Weight: 202, Position: PG, School: Georgia Tech, Grizzlies want to trade Jason Williams, and Jack fits a need

20. Denver: Chris Taft

Height: 6-10, Weight: 260, Position: PF, School: Pittsburgh, Lottery-caliber talent and athleticism, questionable intangibles

21. Phoenix: Ryan Gomes

Height: 6-7, Weight: 250, Position: SF, School: Providence, Versatile forward plays taller than his height, and fits Suns' style

22. Denver: Ersan Ilyasova

Height: 6-9, Weight: 235, Position: SF, Country: Turkey, Nuggets can afford to let 18-year-old play another year in Europe

23. Sacramento: Julius Hodge

Height: 6-7, Weight: 210, Position: SG, School: N.C. State, Aggressive, athletic combo guard can help Kings quickly

24. Houston: Wayne Simien

Height: 6-9, Weight: 255, Position: PF, School: Kansas, Safe pick for team looking to fill in around Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady

25. Seattle: Martynas Andriuskevicius

Height: 7-2, Weight: 240, Position: C, Country: Lithuania, This 19-year-old is a draft wild card who could go about anywhere

26. Detroit: Andray Blatche

Height: 6-11, Weight: 235, Position: PF, School: South Kent Prep, Co-MVP of Jordan Classic is versatile prospect with big potential

27. Utah: Johan Petro

Height: 7-0, Weight: 247, Position: C, Country: France, Only 19, but could become legitimate center if given time to develop

28. San Antonio: Mile Ilic

Height: 7-1, Weight: 230, Position: C, Country: Bosnia, Spurs have track record of success with international picks

29. Miami: Rashad McCants

Height: 6-4, Weight: 207, Position: SG, School: North Carolina, Lottery talent, but questionable maturity; high-risk, high-reward pick

30. New York: Charlie Villanueva

Height: 6-11, Weight: 240, Position: PF, School: Connecticut, Versatile front-line player could help Knicks immediately

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Default Re: Mark Monteith's NBA mock draft

I saw this today. Villanueva at 30? I seriously doubt that. If he were to fall to 17 we'd be stupid not to pick him. Felton over Deron Williams? I think not.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

diamond dave00 has convinced me that I want McCants over Garcia. Hell, if we're gonna have Artest then why not add McCants if he has a clear talent superiority over Garcia. I think Bird might be thinking the same way, when he said that "we'll take the good with the bad."

I'm gonna laugh and feel bad for the Knick fans if they draft Fran Vasquez. The Knicks always need a big man, and always draft some unknown foreigner that never works out.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

nice car, Jesus.

and nice hood ornament.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The hood ornament is available at Pep Boyz for $9.99 plus tax.

Unfortunately it's only printed on one side.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm gonna laugh and feel bad for the Knick fans if they draft Fran Vasquez. The Knicks always need a big man, and always draft some unknown foreigner that never works out.
    Yeah, or worse if the player is any good ... they trade him on draft night (Nene ).

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

sweabs

I'm with the Diamond Daves on this one.

You can't pass up on Rashad's talent-level. I think you have to go with him...I'm a big proponent of drafting the guy with the most talent at that position - regardless of past injuries, suspect behaviour, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    I'm with the Diamond Daves on this one.

You can't pass up on Rashad's talent-level. I think you have to go with him...I'm a big proponent of drafting the guy with the most talent at that position - regardless of past injuries, suspect behaviour, etc.
    While I agree with you I think that with that once in a lifetime incident the Pacers really should stay away from players who have suspect behaviour. But it sounds like Larry has known Rashard for 2 years so he should have a pretty good idea of what type of person he is.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Plus the last thing I want to see is McCants join Shaq and Wade. If McCants pans out, we would just be destroyed by that Justice League. Superman, The Flash, and whatever superhero name they assign to McCants. Probably The Martian Manhunter.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    diamond dave00 has convinced me that I want McCants over Garcia. Hell, if we're gonna have Artest then why not add McCants if he has a clear talent superiority over Garcia. I think Bird might be thinking the same way, when he said that "we'll take the good with the bad."

Another thing is the Knicks have the 8th pick and there is supposed to be a curse of the 8th pick. Go through previous drafts and look at the 8th pick..pretty much all of them have been busts. The closest thing to a success is Andre Miller.