Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyrie asked to be traded

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kyrie asked to be traded

By the way, between Paul George and Kyrie, there's no reason to ever feel safe about keeping Myles Turner after his 7th-ish season, if he becomes a star talent, is there? It'll be completely subject to his personal feelings and opinions about his life at that point, because if playing next to LeBron, winning a title, and going to 3 straight NBA Finals isn't necessarily enough to keep a star, basically nothing is.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Ainge should put a package together with IT as the main piece.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Well, that 2as unexpected.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, between Paul George and Kyrie, there's no reason to ever feel safe about keeping Myles Turner after his 7th-ish season, if he becomes a star talent, is there? It'll be completely subject to his personal feelings and opinions about his life at that point, because if playing next to LeBron, winning a title, and going to 3 straight NBA Finals isn't necessarily enough to keep a star, basically nothing is.
    I think he knows LeBron is good as gone next year along with his finals chances.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man if the Cavs give up Kyrie for friggin Carmelo and blah they deserve everything coming post Lebron

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Man if the Cavs give up Kyrie for friggin Carmelo and blah they deserve everything coming post Lebron
    I was just thinking that. No disrespect to Melo, but he's not the player to replace Irving with.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/07/2...ance-be-leader

According to DA, Kyrie initially asked to be traded before the draft. That would explain the reports that he almost got traded to Phoenix in a Paul George trade (where PG went to CLE, Indy gets the #4 pick). That should also make a few of you feel better who were mad Pritchard didn't wait until July 21st to trade Paul....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty crazy. He isn't asking to be traded because he wants to win, and he isn't asking to be traded because he wants to be in a big market city.

From the Aldridge article it's clear he wants to play with Jimmy Butler (too bad, not happening), but the preferences he listed make no sense when you consider his supposed want to be "the guy" on a team. Only in Miami and New York would he fit the bill, and I'm hoping the Cavs ship him to NY for Porzingis and Kyrie gets to put up 28/6/5 on their lottery team for the next 3 yrs.

I wonder if there is anything we could do with our cap space here to poach something in a 3 team trade?

Doubt we're in the discussion, but it's nice to know that we have the flexibility.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I wonder if there is anything we could do with our cap space here to poach something in a 3 team trade?

Doubt we're in the discussion, but it's nice to know that we have the flexibility.
    Next summer was the target date for using our cap flexibility. We don't even know what type of team we got.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Next summer was the target date for using our cap flexibility. We don't even know what type of team we got.
    Yeah, but since we're under the cap right now, albeit not as much as we will be next summer... It would be foolish to not at least take a stab at it, no?

This came out of nowhere and we're one of a limited number of teams in this position. That's all I meant.

Sticking to a plan is great, but when opportunity presents itself you need to be willing to strike. All the cap space in the world won't convince players to choose the Pacers, and there's no guarantee we won't spend it on another Monta and Al combo.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

I suppose this might come across as hot-takeish, but in my view this is good news for Cleveland. They should have traded Irving+Love earlier in the off-season - I was hoping they would nab Paul George and Jimmy Butler and get back someone like Delly. Wrote this somewhere, not sure if here. Melo isn't the return they should be looking for though.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cordobes For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Sticking to a plan is great, but when opportunity presents itself you need to be willing to strike. All the cap space in the world won't convince players to choose the Pacers, and there's no guarantee we won't spend it on another Monta and Al combo.
    Honestly, I merely believe there's nothing the Cavs would want from Indiana. To me, they're really about to lose TWO players, and one of them is arguably the best player on the planet. The Cavs need to figure what their future plans are.

Honestly, I think LeBron is the type of player that you could have a real conversation with him about his future intentions if you're a team who wants him. Plus, I think LeBron relatively open minded when compared to PG.
    That's not really a fair comparison considering LeBron is one of the best if not the best player in the NBA. The NBA is at his beck and call.

PG is good but he's not on LeBron or KD's level where the NBA would be on hold until he makes a decision.

How do you start LeBron, Melo and Love? How do you convince one of them to come off the bench? Both seem impossible.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    That's not really a fair comparison considering LeBron is one of the best if not the best player in the NBA. The NBA is at his beck and call.

PG is good but he's not on LeBron or KD's level where the NBA would be on hold until he makes a decision.
    I meant that LeBron is willing to hear teams out and not push a narrative like PG did. It felt like PG and his agent put on a "Do not disturb, he's going to LA" memo on their communication.

We don't need Kyrie anyway we got Darren Collison

I meant that LeBron is willing to hear teams out and not push a narrative like PG did. It felt like PG and his agent put on a "Do not disturb, he's going to LA" memo on their communication.
    Yeah LeBron won't push a narrative. Like when he announced his decision in SI to come home no narrative there.....LeBron is as calculated as they come.

That being said I don't think this came out of nowhere LeBron won't return after next season to the Cavs. Kyrie knows it and wants out.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

The Cavs are going to have 2/3 of Knicks leading scorers with Melo and Rose.

I would rather have Josh Jackson than the package OKC gave us.

Too bad that trade didn't go through.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Yeah LeBron won't push a narrative. Like when he announced his decision in SI to come home no narrative there.....LeBron is as calculated as they come.

That being said I don't think this came out of nowhere LeBron won't return after next season to the Cavs. Kyrie knows it and wants out.
    There's a difference between pushing a narrative and announcing your decision. I'm talking about the time before he makes his decision. PG pushed the narrative that he was hell bent over going to LA which hurt his trade value. LeBron will do his thing, then announce what team he's signing with like Hayward did.

I'm going to be mad if Knicks get more for Melo than what Pacers got for PG