Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Kyrie asked to be traded

Default Re: Kyrie asked to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's saying the narrative is different between the two stars. With Paul George, it felt that the narrative was "pushing" Paul George to a bigger market, and Indianapolis wasn't "worthy" of having a player of George's talents. Also, it felt like the media was "encouraging" a superteam for LA, yet the current roster is "worse" off than Indiana.

Then you have Irving who essentially wants to break up the superteam concept and no longer wants to be a beta to LeBron, and the media is going after him hard like he committed a crime. However, the media roasted KD for not wanting to be more competitive. Never mind the fact that the Cleveland situation is becoming more toxic by the day.

It's basically a bunch of double standards. Paul George lied his *** off, and it was "Oh well. He needed a better situation.". Irving makes his intentions known while keeping it 💯, and it's "No. You're playing with greatest player in the game. It'll get better.".

It is a double standard but why are you surprised the media is more about "narratives" rather than reality most of the time.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/25/...-in-cleveland/

Adam Silver: ‘I feel bad for what’s-ever is going on in Cleveland’

Kyrie Irving‘s trade request has injected excitement into an NBA offseason that was slipping into a slow period, give or take a Carmelo Anthony trade.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver on The Rich Eisen Show:

I love the interest. I’m not ecstatic about the drama.

I feel bad for what’s-ever is going on in Cleveland, and I have no first-hand information. But I assume where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Brian Windhorst has sort of been cataloguing LeBron’s career for a long time, and he usually has very accurate insights from that team.

It’s upsetting to hear that, when you see superstar players who have co-existed, who had so much success together – obviously three Finals in a row, one championship – to hear that, for whatever reason, there’s a sense that they can’t continue to co-exist. Yeah, that’s drama, but it’s not necessarily the kind of drama that the league wants.

Silver knows he probably can’t break up the Warriors, so he wanted teams to step up and compete with Golden State. The Cavaliers had been the league’s best hope the last few years, and LeBron James ensures they remain a title contender. But this disarray hurts their chances.

If you’re wearing a tin-foil hat, remember what happened last time Silver felt bad for Cleveland…

This sounds plausible

http://thebiglead.com/2017/07/25/leb...n-cavs-lakers/

LeBron is Creating a Narrative So When He Leaves for the Lakers, He Can Say Everyone Abandoned Him

Successful general manager David Griffin wasn’t retained.

The Cavs struck out trying to land Jimmy Butler, Paul George and Carmelo Anthony.

Chauncey Billups wanted no part of the Cavs front office rebuild.

And Kyrie Irving, the best player he’s ever played with – apologies to Dwyane Wade in the 2011 playoffs, who was fantastic – wants out.

Eleven months from now, when LeBron leaves the Cavs for the Lakers – or a mystery team, like the 76ers – King James will have plenty to say about how he went back to Cleveland and brought the beleaguered franchise a title, only to have everyone abandon him. From the front office to a trusted teammate to elite trade targets … LeBron had no choice but to leave.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I've been posting that since this Kyrie thing came out. Of course, LeBron doesn't want to be the bad guy. But he wants what he wants. He may be the most arrogant and self centered individual in sports.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Shame. That would have been one hell of a rebuilding piece alongside Turner.
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...nd-their-deal/

Cavs want a vet and a young player on a small deal. Not sure how they feel about Oladipo's contract. But I imagine Cory Joseph, Lance or Sabonis fit the young player on a cheap deal and veteran requirements. Thad does as well. Cavs also according to this article want to dump some salary. We don't really need Tristan Thompson. I'd be open to taking JR Smith. JR's contract expires in the Summer of 2019. Shumpert has a player option next Summer. We have a small chunk of cap space still available and we could also trade Jefferson or Seraphin to the Cavs. Jefferson can be waived and stretched for his remaining $9.5 mil, Seraphin meanwhile could be waived immediately. So if we had to take back more salary than just Kyrie? It could be done.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Per reports: the Pacers offered PG for Kyrie... "multiple times.

https://www.google.com/amp/nba.nbcsp...ie-irving/amp/

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

First I only root/follow the Pacers. When people talk about players on other teams I have to look them up to have an opinion. Therefore I don't care about Kyrie.econd I don't want the Pacers to tank, I think it's the wrong thing to do. The Pacers, in the 50 years I have been following them, have been to the finals 6 times winning 3, they have been to the conference finals at least 12 times. That's a pretty good record. When players leave the Pacers I cease to care about them. I'm anxious to see this year's team because I think it will out hustle, and be more consistent than last year's disappointing team. I'm also sure I'm the only person on Pacers Digest that feels this way.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    First I only root/follow the Pacers. When people talk about players on other teams I have to look them up to have an opinion. Therefore I don't care about Kyrie.econd I don't want the Pacers to tank, I think it's the wrong thing to do. The Pacers, in the 50 years I have been following them, have been to the finals 6 times winning 3, they have been to the conference finals at least 12 times. That's a pretty good record. When players leave the Pacers I cease to care about them. I'm anxious to see this year's team because I think it will out hustle, and be more consistent than last year's disappointing team. I'm also sure I'm the only person on Pacers Digest that feels this way.
    Nah...I hate the concept of tanking too. The FO should always be doing moves to make the team better. Of course, someone is going to argue they don't like our FO has a magical " Force trade and/or signing" button.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Looking forward for Bledsoe in Cleveland, he is nice.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

More subliminal GMing by Know LeBron.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Because the NBA Offseason couldn't get more FUBAR

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Because the NBA Offseason couldn't get more FUBAR

I don't really like the article. Kindof sounds like Kyrie wanted to leave already and his pastor just encouraged him to make the choice he felt best about. Not sure what the point of that article is beyond "Hey! Justin Bieber and Irving have the same pastor!"

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I don't really like the article. Kindof sounds like Kyrie wanted to leave already and his pastor just encouraged him to make the choice he felt best about. Not sure what the point of that article is beyond "Hey! Justin Bieber and Irving have the same pastor!"
    Sure makes for an unusual headline I didn't expect to read this morning...
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Spiritual advisor to a couple of complete morons. Great work if you can get it.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!

Someone told Kyrie that the Cavs were becoming a "global" brand. Obviously unacceptable.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!

Someone told Kyrie that the Cavs were becoming a "global" brand. Obviously unacceptable.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Isn't Shaq on record agreeing with Kyrie?

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    That is why I chose his lol gif.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    Shaq said he was joking, though who knows with him.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

I think that was the point of all the possible topics covered as to why he would want to leave Cleveland this is so random.

So more and more pieces are coming out saying Kyrie was at the top of KP and the Pacers white board when Paul George asked to be traded. Pacers engaged Cleveland multiple times but the Cavs said no. I wonder if KP might be still trying to get Kyrie, just with different parts now.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    So more and more pieces are coming out saying Kyrie was at the top of KP and the Pacers white board when Paul George asked to be traded. Pacers engaged Cleveland multiple times but the Cavs said no. I wonder if KP might be still trying to get Kyrie, just with different parts now.
    I sure hope so. He's one of the most exciting players in the league.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZepZach For This Useful Post:

More updates:
    Indiana had Irving on its board as the No. 1 target for George, league sources said. The Pacers had a willingness to do a deal straight-up, but Cleveland declined several times, league sources said. What did nearly come together was a three-way trade that would've sent Kevin Love to Denver, Gary Harris to Indiana and George to the Cavaliers.

Here's where the deal fell apart, league sources said: Indiana wanted no protections on a future Cavaliers first-round pick. Cleveland balked, insisting the pick have lottery protection -- and Indiana moved onto the Oklahoma City package of Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...iers-value-him

Still not sure whose draft pick it was. If it wasn't Denver's and Clevelands than the OKC trade makes more sense. KP probably anticipated Cavs were going to suck once Lebron left them again.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post: