Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you do it?

Default Do you do it?

I know its a long shot and honestly I'm not even sure if he would be worth it but would you be willing to pull the trigger on this trade.

Myles Turner and our 2018

for

Kyrie Irving

(throw in whatever it takes to make trade work salary wise

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Do you do it?

Yes.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

No. Because you want to pair Kyrie with someone who isn't going to occupy his space and also a defensive big. Myles does both. Plus you're trying to build around Myles. We don't have another trade waiting in the wings to land a star here with Kyrie.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

IMO no. Kyrie can't win by himself (see Cavs pre 2nd coming of LeBron) and the Pacers just have too many question marks at the moment. We're geared towards the medium and long term.

It would be different of course if we still have Paul George.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow....he would come in about the same cap hit as Dipo....I would hate to lose Myles....Can we throw them a Thad Young and a Cory Joseph instead??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

No. I don't think KI would stay after 2019/20 season so the question is do I trade 6 years of Myles assuming he signs a 4 year extension after his rookie deal is up for KI for 3 years in a rebuilding process.

I don't think KI is worth that much considering those factors.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

This season is for Travis ECKrueger's Avatar

**** no. Not even close. I don't think kyrie is a guy you build around. Great individual talent though.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hell no. I honestly think people are going to be surprised to find out what Kryie's value is around the league.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO no. Kyrie can't win by himself (see Cavs pre 2nd coming of LeBron) and the Pacers just have too many question marks at the moment. We're geared towards the medium and long term.

It would be different of course if we still have Paul George.
    Myles is a RFA in the Summer of 2020. If there's one thing we have learned and one thing the front office should have learned by now? It's that time waits for no NBA GM. When there's an opportunity to get talent you do it. If we waste time Myles will take his talents elsewhere. Also adding good pieces makes other players gravitate to your franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    If we waste time Myles will take his talents elsewhere. Also adding good pieces makes other players gravitate to your franchise.
    Did you read the post ?? Trading Myles to get Irving. So, at that point ------- never mind .........

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Did you read the post ?? Trading Myles to get Irving. So, at that point ------- never mind .........
    I know. My post was a rebuttal though. In full, I wouldn't trade Myles for Kyrie, but I also wouldn't just bow out and not make an offer for Kyrie due to complacency over Myles being only 21.

2018 pick and Thad young should do it.

And to answer the question - I'll give it an emphatic F-NO.

Personally, I'd rather not have any guys on the team that have whined their way out of their previous team. If your team isn't on 'their list', then it's a temp thing at best. They'll want out of wherever they end up to go to one of 'their teams'. F 'em.

No because Kyrie hates Indiana and is going to leave after whatever years left in his contract he has.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

I wouldn't do a straight Turner for Irving deal let alone give them our pick.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Two years plus a possibly 3rd year is a long time. I wouldn't give up Turner, but I would definitely looking into rebuilding the team. However, it's too late for Indiana (probably most teams), because we already made a ton of moves. The only thing wecould offer would be one bad contract in Ellis or Jefferson, Thad, and whatever combination of players not acquired by a trade.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 07-21-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    No. I don't think KI would stay after 2019/20 season so the question is do I trade 6 years of Myles assuming he signs a 4 year extension after his rookie deal is up for KI for 3 years in a rebuilding process.

I don't think KI is worth that much considering those factors.
    Yeah, if I believed Kyrie would re-sign with the Pacers then it'd be very hard to say no to this deal, but odds are he'd just leave. He currently prefers Minnesota, Miami, New York, or San Antonio. I doubt all of those destinations are suddenly unappealing to him in 2 years. Maybe, mayyyybe Pritchard builds some kind of powerhouse roster around him by 2020, but it's a huge gamble for a team that probably isn't sustainable OR a title winner.

No, we've seen how far Kyrie can take a team when he's the feature guy. If we had another star level player then sure, like if it was anybody other than Myles then sure.

Where the Pacers fit in here, IMO, is potentially facilitating a multi team deal by taking on salary and picks.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Would if we still had Monta and we shipped him out with the trade. Then I would try to sign Noel for our starting center.

Sports Logo

I love Myles and he's young....but you don't pass up on an Elite level PG that is in his prime ( the guy is 25 years old ). You can still build around a young core of Kyrie, Dipo, Sabonis and Leaf.

It's not a super team.....but it's a young core to build around for the long term.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Nope. Like others, I believe Irving hasn't actually improved much since he'd lead Cleveland to those 30ish Ws records. Talented shot-maker but not good enough to build a team around. Too many bad decisions to be the primary ball-handler of a top offense. Very complicated to build around Turner as well but perhaps he has the talent to make it worthwhile - at least one can still hope. And that pick could easily end up in the top-5 if this assessment of Irving is more or less correct.

Wouldn't do it for Cleveland either. A 3rd team would be necessary here.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I love Myles and he's young....but you don't pass up on an Elite level PG that is in his prime ( the guy is 25 years old ). You can still build around a young core of Kyrie, Dipo, Sabonis and Leaf.

It's not a super team.....but it's a young core to build around for the long term.
    Nah, I would prefer to bring Irving in if Indiana had a bonafide star in the making, and was a playoffs tested team. However, Turner is hands off.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Nope, Kyrie Irving is a gifted scorer but nothing more. Think about it this way. If you built a team around Kryie Irving it would have to have defense oriented players while he scored most of the points, like OKC with Westbrook. So imagine Irving instead of Westbrook in OKC, I doubt that team wins 30 games.

_________________________ RamBo_Lamar's Avatar

HELL ******* NO

Why blow up and try to rebuild what we've just blown up and started to rebuild?

Enough please.

Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 07-21-2017 at 07:27 PM.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I know its a long shot and honestly I'm not even sure if he would be worth it but would you be willing to pull the trigger on this trade.

Myles Turner and our 2018

for

Kyrie Irving

(throw in whatever it takes to make trade work .

I get the impression you do not think much of Turner. This is not the first time you have suggested moving Turner.
    Anyway to answer your question, I give a hearty no thank you. How many guards do you want on this team?
    Plus it leaves a huge void at center. Myles straight up without the 2018 is still questionable.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-