Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 63 of 63

Thread: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

  1. #51
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get what you're saying, I just don't agree with it. I think people go to restaurants like Cheesecake Factory because they like the food. If they're looking for huge portions, they'd go to a buffet. Is it unhealthy? Of course it is. But so are 90% of all the other restaurants out there.
    So you don't think Cheesecake Factory serves huge portions?

  2. #52
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you don't think Cheesecake Factory serves huge portions?
    Depends on what you get. Their hamburgers are pretty damn big, but their pasta dishes are nothing compared to Maggiano's, let alone Bucca De Beppo.

    And I'll warn you, you better not say anything bad about Maggiano's, or UB will come down on you like a mother****er.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  3. #53
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on what you get. Their hamburgers are pretty damn big, but their pasta dishes are nothing compared to Maggiano's, let alone Bucca De Beppo.
    Never been to Maggiano's, but yes, Bucca De Beppo's portions are excessive. But you're saying compared to Bucca De Beppo's. The Chrysler Building is short compared to The Sears Tower, but it's still a tall building. Cheesecake Factory's portions are large by any measure. And back to your point of $12 burgers and $8 desserts. Most people wouldn't pay that much for those items unless they felt like they were getting a "value" in return. Which goes back to food being a value proposition not being healthy.

  4. #54
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Supersize me!
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  5. #55
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Supersize me!
    Didn't see the movie, but I imagine what I'm talking about is the idea behind it. Did you see it?

  6. #56
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't see the movie, but I imagine what I'm talking about is the idea behind it. Did you see it?
    No. I just wanted some fries........



    And yes, the Cheesecake Factory portions are huge. When I put "a salad as big as the table" into that other post, I was basing that on experience.




    For Italian, I like Capri, for those that are still looking for restaurant reviews.........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  7. #57
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    I saw supersize me & to be honest the most compelling arguments to what he was trying to make was in the deleted scenes about the french fries.

    I have a problem with "Documentrys" that already have the end decided before they film it.

    Either way about portion size with Ruths Criss steakhouse. The ala carte' servings are intended to be family style which each waiter that I've ever had makes a point to tell you.

    In other words if you order the scalloped potato's it is not intended for you to eat, it is intended for you & another person to eat.

    I've never been to the cheesecake factory so I can't speak on it, but my Son & his fiance do enjoy it.

    As to Boca Di bebos, I ate there once & I'll just say I wasn't thrilled. The service was poor & the food was bland.

    Hey Spicoli, what is the oceanaire?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  8. #58
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw supersize me & to be honest the most compelling arguments to what he was trying to make was in the deleted scenes about the french fries.

    I have a problem with "Documentrys" that already have the end decided before they film it.
    I agree. Unfortunately, sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between the ones that find themselves through the process and the ones where the filmmaker has an agenda going into it. That seemed to be the case with "Supersize Me" so I avoided it. "Fog of War" is a good example of a documentary that seemed to find itself along the way. Great movie with a lot of little revelations.

  9. #59
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. Unfortunately, sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between the ones that find themselves through the process and the ones where the filmmaker has an agenda going into it. That seemed to be the case with "Supersize Me" so I avoided it. "Fog of War" is a good example of a documentary that seemed to find itself along the way. Great movie with a lot of little revelations.

    Fog of war, hmmmmm..... Somehow that one slipped passed my radar. I think I'll go get it.

    I love documentry films if they are done right.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. #60
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Maggiano's, is much better than Bucca De Beppo's. The food is just a lot better. Bucca's food is very bland and the quality just does not seem as high. So if you want a fun fmily type dinner, I would say Maggiano's is the place to go. Plus Bucco's decor just annoys me

  11. #61
    missi
    Guest

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    And Harmonica is right in one aspect, their cheesecake is terribly unhealthy. I read somewhere that 1 piece is like 1500 calories. Never cared for it myself. I'd rather have a plain, small New York-style piece any day.

    I was a little disappointed in their cheesecake. I love to bake, and my cheesecake recipe is much better, IMHO. Besides, I don't charge $6 per slice.

  12. #62
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fog of war, hmmmmm..... Somehow that one slipped passed my radar. I think I'll go get it.

    I love documentry films if they are done right.
    Lemme know what you think. It won the Academy Award for best documentary in 2004 and is based on 8 hours of interviews with Robert McNamara, the so-called "architect of the Vietnam War." The timing of this movie, which could not have been foreseen by the filmmaker, was uncanny (and quite fortuitous for him) as it came out right around the time we went into Iraq.

  13. #63

    Default Re: Favorite non-steak restraunt in Indianapolis

    Another Italian restaurant which I enjoy is Bravo's (one in Castleton by Buca) They don't have a large menu, but I think it is quite good.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •