Thread: The Pacers/Lakers trade was actually for the 10th pick?

Default The Pacers/Lakers trade was actually for the 10th pick?

I came across this this morning and thought you guys would be interested. Oh, and it is the NYDailyNews here, so take it with a grain of salt. A LARGE grain of salt.

The Lakers have also talked to Indiana about trading for Jonathan Bender and, for the first time, the Pacers are open to moving him. He's been one of the great teases of recent years, since heading right to the pros from high school as the fifth pick overall in 1999. Even if he did beat Bird at games of H-O-R-S-E, he has never been able to stay healthy. He missed 75 games this past season and 182 games in his first five seasons, out of a possible 410.

The Pacers have always been opposed to moving him because they know that you can give up too quickly on a high schooler. They got the benefit of that when they got Jermaine O'Neal from Portland after he had given the Blazers four uneventful seasons.

But the Pacers have talked to the Lakers about sending the 6-11 Bender to L.A., with the 17th pick, for Slava Medvedenko and the No. 10. With the 10th pick, the Pacers would hope to land UConn's Charlie Villanueva. But with Isiah Thomas looking to go big, Villaneuva might be gone at No. 8 to the Knicks before Indiana gets to pick.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-275690c.html

Default Re: The Pacers/Lakers trade was actually for the 10th pick?

Jon for junk, but switch first round picks.

Now that is a Bender trade rumor that I can endorse.

Charlie Villanueva to the Pacers with the 10th pick? Mark Montieth has him going dead last in the first round. Beam me up after the Pacers draft. One of these two guys who make their living writing about sports is clueless.

Urr. In this case maybe it's both:

Lakers arent't giving the Pacers their 10th pick and Charlie Villanueva is getting drafted way before the end of the first round.

I actually think the possibility of Villanueva slipping to us is pretty good.

The players are junk for junk but the trade as proposed doesn't work under cap rules.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If this is the trade, I think we should pick Raymond Felton at number 10, because I think he'll be there. He could step in and be our back up PG, giving us room to trade AJ.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

not a big fan of villanueva, but i dont mind doing the trade to get martell webster if hes still there

I don't see it. Is the 10th pick really that much better than the 17th pick in this draft. I don't think so. Bird doesn't think so. This trade doesn't make much sense for us, and as somebody else mentioned, it doesn't work under cap rules. The Lakers would need to add another player.

SjA3837

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see it. Is the 10th pick really that much better than the 17th pick in this draft. I don't think so. Bird doesn't think so. This trade doesn't make much sense for us, and as somebody else mentioned, it doesn't work under cap rules. The Lakers would need to add another player.
    I think when Bird was saying there will be atleast 4 quailty players at 17... he was saying it more so to get the other team (lakers?) to trade down.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

If Indiana got Villaneueva with the 17th I would be so happy. That guy is gonna be one of the top players to come out of this draft.