Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest American

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Default The Greatest American

Go vote for Reagan!

http://tv.channel.aol.com/greatestamerican

Anyway George W. Bush was a close 6th losing out on the top b 1/10 of a percent to Ben Franklin. They were chosen by people who voted. The top five are all dead so it's official: George W. Bush is the GREATEST LIVING AMERICAN!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Greatest American

And he got less votes than Al Gore......

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And he got less votes than Al Gore......
    Get over it...Bush won the electoral college which is how we choose Presidents. When Bush kicked Kerry's ***, he won the popular vote and the electoral college and I think I recall hearing that doesn't happen very often. I guess it's a good thing we go by the electoral college because God knows what would have happened to this country after 9/11 if we had that dumbass Al Gore as President.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Get over it...Bush won the electoral college which is how we choose Presidents. When Bush kicked Kerry's ***, he won the popular vote and the electoral college and I think I recall hearing that doesn't happen very often. I guess it's a good thing we go by the electoral college because God knows what would have happened to this country after 9/11 if we had that dumbass Al Gore as President.
    You recall hearing incorrectly. The winner of the popular vote has lost the election only twice in history. I'd also hardly think that "Bush kicked Kerry's ***", either. I don't exactly call 51% to 49% a landslide. Especially when you consider that the election basically came down to one state, and is widely regarded as one of the closest elections in history. But don't let facts get in your way.

[edit]This is one for the Politics board anyhow[/edit]

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Go vote for Reagan!

http://tv.channel.aol.com/greatestamerican

Anyway George W. Bush was a close 6th losing out on the top b 1/10 of a percent to Ben Franklin. They were chosen by people who voted. The top five are all dead so it's official: George W. Bush is the GREATEST LIVING AMERICAN!

Why should I vote for Reagan? There should be a rule that "The Greatest American" should not have aided in TREASON against the United States.

The Constitution contains a one-sentence definition of treason:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

That's exactly what Reagan and his administration did. It's always nice to sell missles to a proven enemy of the United States, not to mention one that sponsered terrorism.

That is grounds for impeachment right there. But did anyone really care? No. People cared much more about a Predient lying about getting a sucky in the oval office.

Reagan was a puppet. He gave good speeches, came up with clevar catch phrases, and ate his jelly beans. He made the American people feel good about themselves.

Try brushing up on your history.

The only other times a President has won the electoral college while losing the popular vote is 1824(John Quincy Adams), 1876(Hayes) and 1888(Bejamin Harrison)

Every President elected in the 20th century had more popular votes than anyone else.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    Try brushing up on your history.

The only other times a President has won the electoral college while losing the popular vote is 1824(John Quincy Adams), 1876(Hayes) and 1888(Bejamin Harrison)

Every President elected in the 20th century had more popular votes than anyone else.
    Thanks, got it. Bush is still the greatest living American

Mood

Thanks, got it. Bush is still the greatest living American
    According to a show that uses an American Idol style voting system?

Glad to know that he's as popular as Kelly Clarkson.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not to mention the lack of historical knowledge or bias of most of the people that voted on this the results are not surpriseing. 2-5 are givens, with Reagan being arguable. That Bush was in the top 25 over some that were not shows how little people know their history. It also shows how the collective effort of a certain segment can influence votes like this.

It brings to mind the Reggie Miller voting scheme of a couple of years ago.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Reagan Wins!!

Ronald Reagan = Greatest American
    George W. Bush = Greatest Living American

Reagan Wins!!

As God has chosen!!!!!

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Jesus Shuttlesworth

2 points for the GOP!

Mood

Reagan Wins!!

I can live with Reagan.

But anyone that thinks W is the greatest living American needs their head examined. Let's put the shoe on the other foot, and suppose that Clinton led a war into Iraq based on false intelligence. He steadfastly refuses to admit for years that the intelligence was false. He gets up in front of people and tells them what they are hearing is wrong. He tells people that Saddam has weapons of mass destruction. He ignores far greater threats in Iran and North Korea that either already have WMD or are very close. In the process of all of this nearly 2,000 service men and women die. Countless civilians from nations all over the world are taken hostage and killed by insurgents. Dead for a lie. Dead because one man believed something that wasn't true. The rest of the world looks down on him and the job he is doing. What do you think conservatives would be saying if the shoe were on the other foot.

I'm not stupid enough to think that politicians are honest. I know that Clinton lied to America too. It's just that nobody died for his lie, and at least he sucked it up and admitted it was a lie. Bush won't even admit that he had bad intelligence. The entire reason that Bush led this country into war is non-existent. The entire reason he has sent soldiers to their deaths is non-existent. The entire reason for an invasion that has produced one of the fiercest anti-American backlashes ever, is non-existent. How can THAT be your greatest living American?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Reagan = Great President

George W. Bush = Worst President in the history. The (corporate whore) Bush Administration is behind the biggest assault on our Civil Liberties and Constitution ever. A complete failure at everything he has ever been involved in and he's a lying sack of *****. I even wish the dimwits Gore or Kerry had won over W, heck I wish the pretzel had won.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    Reagan = Great President

George W. Bush = Worst President in the history. The (corporate whore) Bush Administration is behind the biggest assault on our Civil Liberties and Constitution ever. A complete failure at everything he has ever been involved in and he's a lying sack of *****. I even wish the dimwits Gore or Kerry had won over W, heck I wish the pretzel had won.
    I believe the worst President in the history award is reserved for Bill Clinton. I'll give it to the guy though he can make total idiots believe he was the greatest thing to happen to America while doing absolutley nothing.

Man, Jessica Simpson sure is kinda hot!
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Mood

I believe the worst President in the history award is reserved for Bill Clinton. I'll give it to the guy though he can make total idiots believe he was the greatest thing to happen to America while doing absolutley nothing.
    You're confusing the issue. Nobody said that Clinton was the greatest. We're just saying that W certainly isn't. Try Reading Comprehension 101. And funny, I was thinking almost the exact same thing about "total idiots" thinking that W is the greatest. Sure he's done some stuff. But tell me what is worse. Doing nothing, like Clinton, or doing plenty of things wrong, like W?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    You're confusing the issue. Nobody said that Clinton was the greatest. We're just saying that W certainly isn't. Try Reading Comprehension 101. And funny, I was thinking almost the exact same thing about "total idiots" thinking that W is the greatest. Sure he's done some stuff. But tell me what is worse. Doing nothing, like Clinton, or doing plenty of things wrong, like W?
    Wrong in your opinion

Wrong in your opinion
    Opinions aren't wrong...hence the term opinion
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

no, he thinks Bush made the wrong things and i was saying thats his opinion. i guess i forgot a period there.

Mood

no, he thinks Bush made the wrong things and i was saying thats his opinion. i guess i forgot a period there.
    OMG! Please shut up. I've been trying to make the point of opinions all along, and now you try to turn it on me? Go away!

What a JOKE. Just goes to show you how the public is so greatly influenced by media hype. Reagan is certainly the most hyped American. Only 1 year removed from the Reagan-mania that took place last year, it's no suprise the public voted for him.

How can you give the greatest American to anyone in the 20th century?

Washington, Franklin, or Lincoln were the greatest. Without Washington, Franklin and the other founding fathers, there is no United States of America for Ronald Reagan to become President of some 200 years later. Lincoln helped SAVE the nation. The United States would have made it without Ronald Reagan, believe it or not. It may not have without Washington, Franklin, or Lincoln.

Reagan smiled at us, and made us feel good with his corny as hell speeches. There is nothing that he did that should put him in the likes of Washington, Franklin or Lincoln.

Mood

You had better watch your mouth, lest ye draw the ire of people who weren't even born yet when Reagan was elected...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jesoos had been born, but has no recollection of the Regan years since he was only around for the last 3 years of his 2nd term.

I won't badmouth Reagan, because frankly I have no idea how overrated he was or not. He has charisma, a lot people like him, and that's all I really know of the man.

But I agree with Adam that it should have been someone closer to our formation, or perhaps Lincoln.