Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 117

Thread: Another move?

  1. #26

    Default Re: Another move?

    Starters:
    1. Cory Joseph
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Bojan Bogdanovic
    4. Domanas Sabonis
    5. Myles Turner

    Second unit:
    6. Darren Collison
    7. Lance Stephenson
    8. Glenn Robinson III
    9. Thaddeus Young
    10. Al Jefferson / 11. Kevin Seraphin

    Deep bench:
    12. Joe Young
    13. TJ Leaf
    14. Ike Anibogu
    15.

    2-way:
    16. Edmond Sumner

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,752
    Mood

    Default Re: Another move?

    Sabonis

    5.9 pts
    3.6 rbs
    39.9% fg
    20.1 mpg

    I'm not dying for the guy to be our starter.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,430

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sabonis

    5.9 pts
    3.6 rbs
    39.9% fg
    20.1 mpg

    I'm not dying for the guy to be our starter.
    20 year old rookie, he might actually improve?
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,752
    Mood

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    20 year old rookie, he might actually improve?
    People seem to expect him to be really solid though.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,430

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People seem to expect him to be really solid though.
    Well, I certainly don't think he's locked in to that stat line for the rest of his career, but who knows. If you watch some college highlights, it's easy to see how he could eventually form a nice frontline with Myles. He's a helluva rebounder.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  10. #31

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    20 year old rookie, he might actually improve?
    Started 66 of 81 games for OKC who was a playoff team in the west. (We would not be a playoff team in the west.) First player since KD to start first game as a rookie for SEA/OKC. Sabonis is a smart player, can shoot 3's, put the ball on the deck & post up on the block. Versatile big who will compliment Myles well. I want him starting from day 1.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:


  12. #32
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,653

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Starters:
    1. Cory Joseph
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Bojan Bogdanovic
    4. Domanas Sabonis
    5. Myles Turner

    Second unit:
    6. Darren Collison
    7. Lance Stephenson
    8. Glenn Robinson III
    9. Thaddeus Young
    10. Al Jefferson / 11. Kevin Seraphin

    Deep bench:
    12. Joe Young
    13. TJ Leaf
    14. Ike Anibogu
    15.

    2-way:
    16. Edmond Sumner


    Sabonis at the 4. Probably not. Thad will most likely start at the 4. Sabonis off the bench.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:


  14. #33
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,966

    Default Re: Another move?

    We have too many bigs. Ideally, the next move is to add a wing player, heck maybe even 2. I assume at this point that we're not signing another starter, it would be more like a deep bench guy.

  15. #34
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,752
    Mood

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Started 66 of 81 games for OKC who was a playoff team in the west. (We would not be a playoff team in the west.) First player since KD to start first game as a rookie for SEA/OKC. Sabonis is a smart player, can shoot 3's, put the ball on the deck & post up on the block. Versatile big who will compliment Myles well. I want him starting from day 1.
    That field goal % scares me though. Tyler Hansbrough-esque
    Lifelong pacers fan

  16. #35
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,430

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That field goal % scares me though. Tyler Hansbrough-esque
    He shot over 60% in college. I can't explain why it dropped so much last year because I didn't watch the Thunder much. If I had to guess, it was positional misuse, they probably used him as a stretch 4 when he really is more of a threat down low. There's reason to believe he'll raise that back up. I agree though that bringing him off the bench at first is the better scenario.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 07-15-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  18. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,735

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That field goal % scares me though. Tyler Hansbrough-esque
    Of course. Sabonis is 4 years younger than Hansbrough was when he entered the league.

    As a 20yo Rookie, 11% of his shots were long 2s (16ft to 23ft), and he hit them at 47%. His 3pt attempt was 33% and his percentage was only 32%. I wonder if the Pacers will try to develop his 3pt shot or if he'd be more of an elbow pnp guy.

    He didn't do well from 3-10ft (33%) or 10-16ft (22%) either, and a quarter of his shots came in that range. 28% of his shots came from 0-3ft which he hit at a 55% clip.

    He was 44% from 2pt overall, which for a rookie big isnt GOOD, but for one that does more than get put backs, it's not the end of the world. It should improve.
    "man, PG has been really good."

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  20. #37
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,752
    Mood

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He shot over 60% in college. I can't explain why it dropped so much last year because I didn't watch the Thunder much. If I had to guess, it was positional misuse, they probably used him as a stretch 4 when he really is more of a threat down low. There's reason to believe he'll raise that back up. I agree though that bringing him off the bench at first is the better scenario.
    I don't necessarily put too much stock in college stats. Especially as an explanation as to why he's not tyler hansbrough.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  21. #38
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    34,834

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Started 66 of 81 games for OKC who was a playoff team in the west. (We would not be a playoff team in the west.) First player since KD to start first game as a rookie for SEA/OKC. Sabonis is a smart player, can shoot 3's, put the ball on the deck & post up on the block. Versatile big who will compliment Myles well. I want him starting from day 1.
    Glad to see that Pritchard started posting in PD, welcome.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  22. #39
    Your New Starting PG BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,551

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That field goal % scares me though. Tyler Hansbrough-esque
    I expect to see that rise. His shooting percentage at Gonzaga was over 60%. That was college but still I would not put too much stock in his rookie year. He is a worker and is likely to improve on the boards too.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  23. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,735

    Default Re: Another move?

    Not in Domantas' favor:

    Tyler had vertigo.

    In Domantas' favor:

    He shot a bunch of threes.
    He's 4 years younger.
    "man, PG has been really good."

  24. #41
    Your New Starting PG BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,551

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not in Domantas' favor:

    Tyler had vertigo.

    In Domantas' favor:

    He shot a bunch of threes.
    He's 4 years younger.
    Tyler had vertigo because guys were hammering and elbowing his head because they couldn't physically stop him. Not sure why some of that didn't lead to ejections. Anyway, Sabonis is a better player in today's NBA with better shooting range.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  26. #42
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,910

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Started 66 of 81 games for OKC who was a playoff team in the west. (We would not be a playoff team in the west.) First player since KD to start first game as a rookie for SEA/OKC. Sabonis is a smart player, can shoot 3's, put the ball on the deck & post up on the block. Versatile big who will compliment Myles well. I want him starting from day 1.
    Thon Maker was the Bucks "starting" center too. Amir Johnson was our "starting" PF all year.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:


  28. #43

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thon Maker was the Bucks "starting" center too. Amir Johnson was our "starting" PF all year.
    What's your point?

  29. #44
    Member Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,884

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another move?

    Sabonis's numbers last year are not good. That having been said, the more I watch video of him in college and as a rookie... I truly see a lot of potential for him to improve on those numbers.

    He's only 20, this was only his rookie year. He's 6'11" with a solid frame, he seems both 'old school' in terms of having a post game, good footwork, some ability to guard the post and block shots, and yet he's also showing signs of a 'modern' big man game with 3 point range, some ability to face up from mid range, and he seems just quick enough to hold his own guarding the perimeter.

    I've read others suggest he's got decent court vision/passing, and Pritchard was talking about his ability to set good screens (which is a skill oddly lacking in the league). He just sounds all-around promising. Not excellent at anything, but potentially good at a lot of things, which combined with his size is pretty intriguing to me.
    Last edited by Hicks; 07-15-2017 at 11:52 AM.

  30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  31. #45
    Member Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,884

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another move?

    Speaking of another move, the Bucks are about $1.5m into the luxury tax and are allegedly trying to get below that threshold. Would they have use of Thad Young? If so, I was reading they need to move on from one of their big men, and I saw that Greg Monroe has about $3m more on his deal than Thad, so a swap of those two would likely get them under the tax while keeping their younger big men.

    I'm not sure if MIL would want to do that. But I can see why Indiana would because Monroe would be a really good backup center behind Myles, and if it doesn't work out he appears to be on an expiring contract.

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  33. #46
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,910

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's your point?
    Saying someone is a starter isn't what it used to mean ten years ago. Starter in name only. He didn't contribute

  34. #47
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not in Domantas' favor:

    Tyler had vertigo.

    In Domantas' favor:

    He shot a bunch of threes.
    He's 4 years younger.
    I swear. Tyler having vertigo seems to be the one tidbit of information people forget when they try judge of his value as a draft pick.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  35. #48
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,256

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I swear. Tyler having vertigo seems to be the one tidbit of information people forget when they try judge of his value as a draft pick.
    Even when healthy he wasn't better than the bevy of PGs the team passed on at a time where it was an extreme need

  36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  37. #49
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,752
    Mood

    Default Re: Another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I swear. Tyler having vertigo seems to be the one tidbit of information people forget when they try judge of his value as a draft pick.
    Vertigo had very little to do with his shortcomings as a player. He's just always been a decent backup PF at best.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  38. #50
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Another move?

    Don't think he had vertigo in Charlotte or Toronto. I'd list a third team but by that point no one wanted him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •