Thread: Best Tenderloin

Default Best Tenderloin

I noticed a couple of restaurant threads below and it's slow now, sooooo......

I am always on the lookout for the world's best tenderloin. Some of my favorites have been: Pawn Shop, Muldoon's, and for those of you old enough -- The Pole. I also make my own. My current favorite is Friendly's Tavern in Zionsville, but there must be a better one somewhere.

So where is your favorite?

Default Re: Best Tenderloin

I think somebody mentioned it in the other thread, but Sahm's has a good one....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Longbranch Tavern in Coxville, IN. It's in Parke County north of Terre Haute. It's a good one. They bring it out on two buns and you can cut it in half. One half is still too much to eat. Take a buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Longbranch Tavern in Coxville, IN. It's in Parke County north of Terre Haute. It's a good one. They bring it out on two buns and you can cut it in half. One half is still too much to eat. Take a buddy.
    Uh, oh. Prepare to be lectured on the evils of the value proposition.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Yeah Sahm's has a pretty good one. At least they did when I lived there about 6 years ago.

I hope its still the same.

In fact, there is a Sahm's downtown in the First Federal Bldg. My wife just said about an hour ago next time I'm downtown, that's where we're eating, so tenderloin it is. I'll report back on my findings.

I got to thinking about this a couple of weeks ago when I ran across an old buddy in a picture on a webpage. He and his pals had formed about a 10-man group that went around town on Tuesday nights looking for and then printing up reviews for Reubens. They called it Reuben Tuesdays and made webpages with pics. Imagine 8-10 guys sitting down at Friendly's and everybody ordering a Reuben.

And I sometimes head out toward Rockville or Turkey Run. I could make a side trip to the tavern. Maybe I'll wear a tattoo. Oh, by the way, there's a restaurant on the square in Rockville that has a pretty tenderloin too.

Thanks for the suggestions, any others?

Head up to Ivanhoes in Upland. Grab a shake while you're there, too.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Thanks VT. I was just now responding to your msg about the beach. I sometimes go up to Pokagon. I'll stop in.

I didn't know they had opened a Sahm's downtown. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead Warrior
    Thanks VT. I was just now responding to your msg about the beach. I sometimes go up to Pokagon. I'll stop in.
    Cool! The tenderloins there probably aren't anything all THAT special, but its a much beloved spot for all the locals and well worth a visit. Heavens, I spent more hours than I can rightly recall at 'hoes.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Battery Park. It's a bar located downtown Indy. In the capital center building, main floor.

201 N. Illinois.

Add swiss cheese. And you've got the best tenderloin ever. It's amaze without, but swiss adds another dimension of greatness.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

J's easily had the best tenderloins in the area where I grew up. They have two locations, one in Liberty and another in Richmond. I highly recommend them.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    J's easily had the best tenderloins in the area where I grew up. They have two locations, one in Liberty and another in Richmond. I highly recommend them.
    J's! Just cool someone here knows about it, I'll have to try their tenderloin sometime.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions