Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear OKC, here's what to expect from PG

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dear OKC, here's what to expect from PG

Dang. We lost our most skilled player in 30 years and we can't be upset about it for over a week.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dang. We lost our most skilled player in 30 years and we can't be upset about it for over a week.
    Its one thing for fans to be upset but when someone who works in the local media of the Pacers writes a letter like this yes I see why people find it cringeworthy.

Its a business as they tell us so many times when players are cut, traded etc a player wants to leave and its suddenly a problem. Don't get me wrong I see why people have an issue with how PG handled it but I think people would still be upset with his decision even if he handled it like Gordon Hayward and the Pacers were left with nothing. I just find some of the reactions to this a bit laughable and OTT. I mean really so many say he's overrated etc so why go through all this trouble?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Its one thing for fans to be upset but when someone who works in the local media of the Pacers writes a letter like this yes I see why people find it cringeworthy.

Its a business as they tell us so many times when players are cut, traded etc a player wants to leave and its suddenly a problem. Don't get me wrong I see why people have an issue with how PG handled it but I think people would still be upset with his decision even if he handled it like Gordon Hayward and the Pacers were left with nothing. I just find some of the reactions to this a bit laughable and OTT. I mean really so many say he's overrated etc so why go through all this trouble?
    Brunner works for 1070 not the Pacers. This is what sports radio personalities do, write and say overthetop stuff.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Brunner works for 1070 not the Pacers. This is what sports radio personalities do, write and say overthetop stuff.
    Still part of the media. I know being all about shock value "sells" (it would explain Skip Bayless's career)
    but some can actually see past what they try and sell the public when they try to make it all about them.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Still part of the media. I know being all about shock value "sells" (it would explain Skip Bayless's career)
    but some can actually see past what they try and sell the public when they try to make it all about them.
    You don't know what you are talking about. I'll leave it at that.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    It's gotten to the point where I'm half expecting Kravitz to write a column saying that the Pacers should retire #13 for Kevin Seraphin just for spite.
    I think Mark Jackson would be more legit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Two things are like clockwork in the winter: cold weather and a prolonged month stretch where PG shoots below 40%. Happens every year.
    In order to put that into context you should go through every top 20 player stats to see if other players have similar poor shooting stretches. I don't know, but I suspect it is more common then not

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    And of course there is this ................

Hey PG, do you even believe the BS that comes out your mouth? Just curious

Sell it hard you slick oil snake salesperson
    OK, so let me ask you. When you start a new job do you go in the first day and tell everyone, yeah I took this job, but as soon as I get a better offer someone place else, I am out. of course not you give every indication you are 100% committed whether you are or not. Or on your first day at a new job do you tell your boss, you know you were my third choice, I interviewed for two other jobs, and would have rather worked for those companies. Of course not.

You go into each job positive, saying all the right things. So why do we hold PG to a different standard.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    In order to put that into context you should go through every top 20 player stats to see if other players have similar poor shooting stretches. I don't know, but I suspect it is more common then not
    Russell Westbrook shot 39.2% for the month of January. The following month James Harden shot 39.5%

Jimmy Butler was shooting under 40% in February but he got injured and missed half the month.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-14-2017 at 09:25 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

OK, so let me ask you. When you start a new job do you go in the first day and tell everyone, yeah I took this job, but as soon as I get a better offer someone place else, I am out. of course not you give every indication you are 100% committed whether you are or not. Or on your first day at a new job do you tell your boss, you know you were my third choice, I interviewed for two other jobs, and would have rather worked for those companies. Of course not.

You go into each job positive, saying all the right things. So why do we hold PG to a different standard.

Most people aren't surprised he left, but talking about wanting to win a ring in Indy on a Thursday night before someone in his camp leaked that he wanted out on a Sunday is just being a total bag. He's completely full of crap.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Most people aren't surprised he left, but talking about wanting to win a ring in Indy on a Thursday night before someone in his camp leaked that he wanted out on a Sunday is just being a total bag. He's completely full of crap.
    Wanting to win a ring in Indy and thinking that its
    realistically possible are two different things.

Paul would have been better served to not have said a single word at the softball game.

Idk if his mind had een made up by that point or not, but if there was any question, he should have said no comment

I do think Paul wanted to win a ring In Indy and become a local legend, but I think he realized he wouldn't be able to do so and thus decided to pull the trigger on his career in Indy
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 07-14-2017 at 09:12 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Wanting to win a ring in Indy and thinking that its
    realistically possible are two different things.

Paul would have been better served to not have said a single word at the softball game.

Idk if his mind had een made up by that point or not, but if there was any question, he should have said no comment

I do think Paul wanted to win a ring In Indy and become a local legend, but I think he realized he wouldn't be able to do so and thus decided to pull the trigger on his career in Indy

I agree, he probably thought that the 2013 postseason was the peak of what the franchise would accomplish in his career. It's hard to argue with that logic. I can't refute it.

The spiral collapse of that team combined with his fluke injury is one of the most surreal things I've ever seen in sports. Bird's crap moves after the fact put the nail in the coffin.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm going to talk about PG. If Lance can be talked about for the time he was away, I can talk about PG.

For PG to think, jokingly or not, that the league would veto the Klay trade is laughable. Head-to-head Klay has been the better player and defender on the court. PG thinking that trade is so unfair that they would Chris Paul veto it is a slap in the face of KLAY. I would trade straight up Klay for him on the same contract.

PG is a diva and I am glad we don't have him anymore. I am not mad he is gone I am mad the way he left. The leaks. The fake "this is my team" comments two days before his agent gave the media the news that Paul was going to LAL in 2018 no matter what.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

The word Diva has been thrown around so much the past two or three weeks and since it is not a word in my vocabulary, I decided to look up the definition.

OK, so it is the term you really want to use

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    a famous female opera singer.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"your average opera isn't over till the diva trills her high notes"

[/COLOR]

• a famous female singer of popular music.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"a pop diva"
    • a self-important person who is temperamental and difficult to please (typically used of a woman).
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"she is much more the dedicated maverick than the petulant diva"[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

I don't know how anyone can disagree at this point that PG has an issue with how he speaks. He speaks out of both sides of his mouth and has his entire career. He's never shook the habit and likely never will at this point. That's just a fact. The part about PG's yearly struggles or whatever is just fluff as every player goes through that, but I can't disagree with the rest.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree, he probably thought that the 2013 postseason was the peak of what the franchise would accomplish in his career. It's hard to argue with that logic. I can't refute it.

The spiral collapse of that team combined with his fluke injury is one of the most surreal things I've ever seen in sports. Bird's crap moves after the fact put the nail in the coffin.
    It was a quick and sudden rise, and then an even faster fall from grace.

It was all a combination of selfishness, injuries, poor and antiquated management, ego, etc. While Bird and management did you poor job of rediscovering a functional identity that would foster the same success as the previous form of this team, the players had a lot to do with the fall as well.

It stinks because outside of the mid 90s-2001 era, this was my favorite era for the Pacers. Much much more organically enjoyable than the mid 2000 team or the JOB teams (obviously)

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

a self-important person who is temperamental and difficult to please (
    It sure is.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Because , at least for me, I would NEVER tell a coworker IM leaving soon for another job..until I actually was on my last day of work for that company
    Sittin on top of the world!

Maybe it is time to stop the excuse making for this poor baby

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I think Mark Jackson would be more legit anyway.
    If that plan fails, there was always David Harrison...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    It was a quick and sudden rise, and then an even faster fall from grace.

It was all a combination of selfishness, injuries, poor and antiquated management, ego, etc. While Bird and management did you poor job of rediscovering a functional identity that would foster the same success as the previous form of this team, the players had a lot to do with the fall as well.

It stinks because outside of the mid 90s-2001 era, this was my favorite era for the Pacers. Much much more organically enjoyable than the mid 2000 team or the JOB teams (obviously)
    I could make a case for pre-brawl Ron Ron, JO and old man Reggie being as fun to watch as any team this side of Showtime. Ron was nuts, but he left it all out there. I was at this game: http://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=221115011. Ray Allen threw up a prayer at the buzzer to send the game to OT, making the whole building and all the Pacers except for Ron look really dejected. Ron put the team on his back and willed them to an OT win with a shot that to this day I don't understand how it went in. Since Ron, the Pacers have lacked a player with that much will to win.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to FrenchConnection For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

His best stretch of basketball came from like game 70-82. Paul definitely likes excuses.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Told you he is Dwight 2.0

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

This guy is a piece of work, never ceases to amaze me how big of a bag he comes across as. In the last couple days you've had the lunacy you just posted and the comments where PG joked about the league coming to a complete halt if he was traded for Klay, as if he's Kevin Durant or something (when in reality him and Klay are about equal and the Warriors said no lol).

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: