Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: My Favorite Moment

  1. #1
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default My Favorite Moment

    being a pacers fan, yes it felt very good watching the pistons lose....not embarassed to admit it....i will always feel a bit cheated by the pistons and their fans for this year....and im very very glad they didnt win the title...i truly believe they werent deserving, IMO, after what happened in november....

    am i the only one that found it very very satisfying to see chaunceys three point attempt with about a minute left or so blocked by bowen???

    i knew what was coming....i think the spurs knew what was coming....and bowen obviously knew what was coming...

    it just felt rather symbolic watching bowen slam the shot and the pistons chances right back down their throat.....very, very satisfying....

  2. #2
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Yep, I loved seeing "Mr.Big Shot" fail!

  3. #3
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,256

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    No offense guys, but this is just sour grapes talking.

    The Pistons were the Champs last season, they were better than us this season & they were just a few points & a few min. away from being champs again.

    Yes, I understand how you can feel but at the end of the day we have to worry about ourselves, not them.

    They are a great team & worthy adversaries & we have yet to be able to best them.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offense guys, but this is just sour grapes talking.

    The Pistons were the Champs last season, they were better than us this season & they were just a few points & a few min. away from being champs again.

    Yes, I understand how you can feel but at the end of the day we have to worry about ourselves, not them.

    They are a great team & worthy adversaries & we have yet to be able to best them.

    COuldn't agree more.

    2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

  5. #5

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Mmm hmmm


    Just get over it
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  6. #6
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offense guys, but this is just sour grapes talking.

    The Pistons were the Champs last season, they were better than us this season & they were just a few points & a few min. away from being champs again.

    Yes, I understand how you can feel but at the end of the day we have to worry about ourselves, not them.

    They are a great team & worthy adversaries & we have yet to be able to best them.
    I can only speak for myself obviously, but while I agree with you about them being great, worthy and as of now better than us, who says we can't enjoy an enemy not going out on top?

    I put up with a lot of arrogance from a lot of directions this year from the team and their fans, so knowing there's some disappointment is nice to me. I refuse to take it to the stupid lengths some do, calling them scum, saying they're fake, they suck, and all that other childish bull. But I had a lot of pain this year with my team, and when I see the Pistons, they bring back a lot of bad memories for a whole lot of reasons. It's OK to take SOME joy out of this. Just don't get carried away with it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    I understand how you feel but ultimentaly you can't blame Detroit players, or fans.

    I guess you can blame the fan who threw the beer, but the Pistons players and fans didn't make Ron Artest go into the stands. They didn't make Stephen Jackson go in there. They didn't make Jermaine O'Neal punch people.

    Lets not over shadow the fact that Detroit is a breath of fresh air in sports. They play great team ball and even though a part of me hates them you have to love how they play.

  8. #8
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Hicks - nice post. I feel ver similar.

    That block on C Billups was soooo very satisfying.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

  9. #9
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand how you feel but ultimentaly you can't blame Detroit players, or fans.
    Don't get me wrong; I don't mean this to ALL fans or even ALL of the team. I'm very appropriately selective. Some of it's attitude, that goes for players and fans. Beyond that, speaking of actions, I'm referring to the throat-shove, and beyond that it's really just those couple dozen fans who did anything to our players that night. The beer tosser(s), those who hit our guys, those who threw **** in the tunnel.

    That's all. No more, no less. Everyone else is fine by me.

    But I'm not going to stop and just talk about that; I've said what I want about that.

    Congratulations Pistons on being a HELL of a team. So much that it wasn't until about 22 seconds were left that I finally decided you were NOT going to win this game tonight. That's how damn good you are.

    I respect your talent, I respect your teamwork, I respect your relentless attitude, your off the chart toughness, and your absolutely cockroach-like refusal to die in ANY situation.

    I have a lot of bones to pick, the biggies I've mentioned, and there are other minor ones, and I pray your coach leaves next year so you all fall back to Earth to go from a great team to just another very good one.

    This team had balls.

  10. #10
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets not over shadow the fact that Detroit is a breath of fresh air in sports.
    They are the antithesis of what you'd expect a championship team to look like and that's what I like about them.

  11. #11

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong; I don't mean this to ALL fans or even ALL of the team. I'm very appropriately selective. Some of it's attitude, that goes for players and fans. Beyond that, speaking of actions, I'm referring to the throat-shove, and beyond that it's really just those couple dozen fans who did anything to our players that night. The beer tosser(s), those who hit our guys, those who threw **** in the tunnel.

    That's all. No more, no less. Everyone else is fine by me.

    But I'm not going to stop and just talk about that; I've said what I want about that.

    Congratulations Pistons on being a HELL of a team. So much that it wasn't until about 22 seconds were left that I finally decided you were NOT going to win this game tonight. That's how damn good you are.

    I respect your talent, I respect your teamwork, I respect your relentless attitude, your off the chart toughness, and your absolutely cockroach-like refusal to die in ANY situation.

    I have a lot of bones to pick, the biggies I've mentioned, and there are other minor ones, and I pray your coach leaves next year so you all fall back to Earth to go from a great team to just another very good one.

    This team had balls.
    Lol sorry Hicks but I was refering to the first post. I guess I am just a really slow typer.

  12. #12
    NewType
    Guest

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Hicks, your posts sum up how I feel. Nice posts.

  13. #13
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offense guys, but this is just sour grapes talking.

    The Pistons were the Champs last season, they were better than us this season & they were just a few points & a few min. away from being champs again.

    Yes, I understand how you can feel but at the end of the day we have to worry about ourselves, not them.

    They are a great team & worthy adversaries & we have yet to be able to best them.

    call it sour grapes if u would like...but yes...i do have a certain amount of disdain for the pistons, their fans, and the roles they played in derailing this past season for the pacers....

    and u will forgive me if i dont think they were better than us last year....my feeling is they were healthier than us....we can agree to disagree....

    to me, theres a difference....they were healthier than us...they were healthier than the lakers...they were a very good team last year...that took full advantage of opportunistic circumstances...just as they did this year....

    i dont think they were better than us last year....and i know they werent better than us this year.....'US' beat them by about 15 in their gym this year....that was the only time that 'US' came close to playing them....and even then we were shorthanded...we just had enuff of the right hands to handle them thoroughly....thats my take....and anyone is free to disagree....i look forward to next year....

    and..again..congrats to the spurs....a classy and deserving champion...

  14. #14
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,563

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    call it sour grapes if u would like...but yes...i do have a certain amount of disdain for the pistons, their fans, and the roles they played in derailing this past season for the pacers....

    and u will forgive me if i dont think they were better than us last year....my feeling is they were healthier than us....we can agree to disagree....

    to me, theres a difference....they were healthier than us...they were healthier than the lakers...they were a very good team last year...that took full advantage of opportunistic circumstances...just as they did this year....

    i dont think they were better than us last year....and i know they werent better than us this year.....'US' beat them by about 15 in their gym this year....that was the only time that 'US' came close to playing them....and even then we were shorthanded...we just had enuff of the right hands to handle them thoroughly....thats my take....and anyone is free to disagree....i look forward to next year....

    and..again..congrats to the spurs....a classy and deserving champion...
    Agreed.

    I couldn't beleive some of you said Detroit was better then us. But I guess you must have meant our injured/suspended roster. A full healthy roster shouldn't have to much trouble dispatching the Pistons..We will see it happen next season..So long as JO/Tinsley can manage not to get injured.

    But like Foretaz said, They took advantage of alot of opportunities over the past 2 years..I wouldn't be complaining if things fell together for the Pacers like it does for Detroit.

  15. #15
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed.

    I couldn't beleive some of you said Detroit was better then us.


    Sorry, you walked right into that one.

    2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

  16. #16
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offense guys, but this is just sour grapes talking.

    The Pistons were the Champs last season, they were better than us this season & they were just a few points & a few min. away from being champs again.

    Yes, I understand how you can feel but at the end of the day we have to worry about ourselves, not them.

    They are a great team & worthy adversaries & we have yet to be able to best them.

    Right.

    I know every single Pacers fan on here would kill for the Pacers to win a title one year, and lose in game 7 of the finals the next.

  17. #17
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,563

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Sorry, you walked right into that one.
    I don't know why it's so funny. The fact we split the season series and took 2 games from you in the playoffs with a injured JO and no Ron Artest is somehwat of an accomplishment.

    I guess I'm looking foward to a bunch of November 19th scores in the future..Minus the suspensions..Unless it involves Ben Wallace being suspended for the entire year. But he hasn't done anything in the past, So thats out of the question.

  18. #18
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Actually my favorite moment as a Pacers fan was being there in person to watch Reggie play in his last game. After that I don't give a flying about anything.

  19. #19

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right.

    I know every single Pacers fan on here would kill for the Pacers to win a title one year, and lose in game 7 of the finals the next.

    Well, you're wrong. I know it doesn't mean that much to me.

  20. #20

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    call it sour grapes if u would like...but yes...i do have a certain amount of disdain for the pistons, their fans, and the roles they played in derailing this past season for the pacers....

    and u will forgive me if i dont think they were better than us last year....my feeling is they were healthier than us....we can agree to disagree....

    to me, theres a difference....they were healthier than us...they were healthier than the lakers...they were a very good team last year...that took full advantage of opportunistic circumstances...just as they did this year....

    i dont think they were better than us last year....and i know they werent better than us this year.....'US' beat them by about 15 in their gym this year....that was the only time that 'US' came close to playing them....and even then we were shorthanded...we just had enuff of the right hands to handle them thoroughly....thats my take....and anyone is free to disagree....i look forward to next year....

    and..again..congrats to the spurs....a classy and deserving champion...
    For what it's worth, I agree with you. The Pistons have run into fortunate circumstances to get where they were both this year and last year. When Tim Duncan dove on the floor last night and took awhile to get up I was thinking " . . and the Pistons get lucky again." Fortunately, Tim wasn't injured and the Spurs went on to win the game.

  21. #21
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie4Three
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, you're wrong. I know it doesn't mean that much to me.

    An NBA title wouldn't mean much to you?

    What exactly do you want the Pacers to accomplish?

  22. #22
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment



    Yes, I'm a hateful, awful, bitter, bitter man. Sue me.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  23. #23

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    The only times I have ever cheered for the western conference team in my life have been this year and the times when the Knicks were in it.

    I am very happy.

    Call it sour grapes if you will. I feel that the Spurs have a lot more class.

  24. #24
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only times I have ever cheered for the western conference team in my life have been this year and the times when the Knicks were in it.

    I am very happy.

    Call it sour grapes if you will. I feel that the Spurs have a lot more class.
    My feelings exactly!

    Btw I wouldn't say we would easily dispatch the Pistons without the suspensions, BUT () how can anyone deny that had the Pacers not suffered those mega suspensions and been hit less by the injury bug, ... ehh no injury ELEFANT, we would have put up a much tougher fight and a 7 games series would have been very likely.

    Ahwell it's all "what could have been" and so it in the end means almost nothing except possible motivation for the future.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  25. #25

    Default Re: My Favorite Moment

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An NBA title wouldn't mean much to you?

    What exactly do you want the Pacers to accomplish?
    It would be nice. I would like for it to happen. Would I kill for it? No way. I'd need at least 5 straight NBA titles to do that.

    I'm not envious of every other team that wins it. I don't hate teams just because they win it. I do resent a team like the Pistons who win thanks to a very fortunate set of circumstances and then they and their fans walk around for a year acting like they've won 8 NBA titles in a row and talk more trash than Lakers, Bulls, and Spurs fans combined over the last decade. Then add to that November 19 where the Pistons organization received virtually no blame or punishment for what went on yet they claim that they "overcame" it. No doubt about it, I hated the Pistons this year more than I have any other team in sports ever and it was not because they won the championship last year. At the very least, not winning it this year will serve to humble some of their more obnoxious fans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •