Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33

Thread: Let's discuss an alternative Pacers last few weeks, with the help of Brian Windhorst

  1. #26
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    962

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's discuss an alternative Pacers last few weeks, with the help of Brian Windhorst

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually don't have strong feelings about this, other than Harris + #13 doesn't seem miles better than what we actually got. It's cheaper for sure, but other than that it's not obvious to me that one package is substantially better than the other.

    In this situation, I would defer to the FO's judgement. Presumably they have better information than we do. Time will tell if they chose correctly.
    I think Harris + 13 is quite a bit better offer than what we got (I also don't think it was offered) but there really is no way to know. We are all just projecting here. If the front office is correct and Sabonis turns into a Dale Davis/Jeff Foster hybrid with a 3 point shot and a post up game he will almost certainly become my favorite player ever.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Let's discuss an alternative Pacers last few weeks, with the help of Brian Windhorst

    Yea I am not sure how much Harris can improve. He has a small wing span for a guy his size. Harris also relies heavily on others to create open looks for him which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it does sort of tell you that he is not a guy who is going to create a lot offense all by himself. To put that into perspective he was assisted 97.2% for 3 pointers and 66% for 2 pointers. VO was assisted 88% for 3 pointers and 42.8% for 2 pointers. To make that more apples to apples comparison VO second year he created 61% of his FGM. He didn't do it all that crazy efficiently but all around he projects more as a high useage player than Harris does.

    I think Harris projects more of a 3 and D guy who never gets an all star nod than VO. Again nothing against Harris but he plays efficiently within his limitations which is really nice to have but ultimately not as valuable to me.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 07-13-2017 at 04:29 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Peace Dog D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sonic Temple
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: Let's discuss an alternative Pacers last few weeks, with the help of Brian Windhorst

    Not a clear cut upgrade over what we got, IMO. But, obviously, all parties mentioned are awash in "ifs".
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  5. #29
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,749

    Default Re: Let's discuss an alternative Pacers last few weeks, with the help of Brian Windhorst

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't have taken the deal. #13 is, okay I guess. But I'd want something under #10. Now if that pick is #8 or under and you swap out Harris for Jamal Murray or Jokic I'd do the deal.
    You wouldn't do it? Then I sure as hell know that I WOULD and it would have been a good deal...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  6. #30

    Default Re: Let's discuss an alternative Pacers last few weeks, with the help of Brian Windhorst

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who cares if Paul is on Cleveland. You do what's best for your team.

    A young defensive PG to mold in Mitchell plus Gary Harris who is not only about as good as Oladipo already, but is a better fit next to other guys on our roster due to his shooting? I think thats a better deal IMO
    Keeping Paul away from Kyrie long term does help our team...

    Regardless I disagree with you. I like Dipo over Harris. Has more mid tier star potential than Harris imo.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  8. #31

    Default Re: Let's discuss an alternative Pacers last few weeks, with the help of Brian Windhorst

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harris is way better than Oladipo and the 13 pick in this draft is way better than Sabonis.
    Way better? We got 2 starters on a playoff team. Granted they had Russ on that team. But come on. The 13th pick is for sure not way better. And if Harris was WAY better than Dipo they'd have been a lot closer to beating out the Blazers for the 8th spot. Jokic is an absolute monster and they have good youth around him.

    I'm not saying it's dumb to say the other deal is the one you'd take - but WAY better kind of takes the steam out of any argument you provide from that point on.

    Edit: Just saw 90sNBA already stated basically this..sorry- didn't mean to just pile on.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  10. #32

    Default Re: Let's discuss an alternative Pacers last few weeks, with the help of Brian Windhorst

    It's not unrealistic to think that the Pacers could sign Harris as a free agent next year. That could have been part of Pritchard's thinking.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eldubious For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    #Giannis2018MVP Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,645

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's discuss an alternative Pacers last few weeks, with the help of Brian Windhorst

    Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not unrealistic to think that the Pacers could sign Harris as a free agent next year. That could have been part of Pritchard's thinking.
    It's certainly possible, but you wanna pay a 6th man, be it Vic or Harris 20 mil? They're both 2s through and through.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •