Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vecsey says Al wants to play in NY.

Default Re: Vecsey says Al wants to play in NY.

Al is where he should be, a very important role player, he is not star material, despite his own mind set . . .
    I really, really, disagree with this statement! He's already a minor star, and I think he will be a major star. To put things in perspective I think Artest is at all-star level, soon to be a major star, and I think JO is already a major star soon to have his name uttered as much as the other O'Neal.

This is Al's Stats against the best teams in the league. (last ten games against the best)

TEAM . . . MIN . . . PTS . . . REB . . . ST . . . AST

MIN...........27.........9...........10.........1. ........6
    LAL...........31.........18..........10.........0. ........0
    SAC..........38.........17..........9...........0. ........1
    DET..........20..........8...........8...........0 .........0
    MIN..........26..........11..........5...........0 .........1
    NJ.............40.........22..........7........... 0.........3
    DAL..........36..........16.........10..........5. ........1
    SAS..........34..........17..........7...........1 .........1
    SAS..........26..........4............6........... 2.........3
    NJ.............39..........15..........12......... .2........2
    TOT..........31.7.......13.7.......8.4.........1.1 ......1.8

S. AVE......30.9.......13.0.......6.6.........0.8.... ..1.9

I think his stats against the best prove Al's on his way to major stardom. When the Pacers took their winning streak into L.A. against the Lakers it was Al who had team highs with 18 points and 10 rebounds.

I'm not convienced that Al wants to leave but if he did want to leave so that he can start that is fine. It's his career. If I were at a job were I didn't think I was making as much as I should, getting the recognition I should be getting or given the responsiblities I want--I would consider working somewhere else.

For the record Al would be the stopper on most teams. We are fortunate to have a tandum of defenders like Ron and Al. On any team except Dallas, GS and maybe Portland Al would be starting. Al is a much more explosive scorer than Ron when Al is on the other team can't guard him. I can't say that about Ron yet.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It seems Al's ego is alot bigger than his game. If he did say he wants to be "the man" I'm all for trading him, as long as we get a top flight player back.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

It seems Al's ego is alot bigger than his game. If he did say he wants to be "the man" I'm all for trading him, as long as we get a top flight player back.
    Isn't this statement a little inconsistant? If I read this right on the one hand you are saying Al is not that good or at least not as good as he thinks he is (whatever that is) & on the other hand you are saying you would only trade him for one of the better players in the league.

Does that make sense? If Al isn't that good why would teams give up a top flight player for him?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Isn't this statement a little inconsistant? If I read this right on the one hand you are saying Al is not that good or at least not as good as he thinks he is (whatever that is) & on the other hand you are saying you would only trade him for one of the better players in the league.

Does that make sense? If Al isn't that good why would teams give up a top flight player for him?
    that is vecsey being a jag...

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

it makes sense if the other teams also think al is "the man".

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are we talking about Al HArrington or TOny Davis here??? This whole conversation sounds REAL familiar.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..