Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Kevin Pritchard won the most important offseason in franchise history

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How Kevin Pritchard won the most important offseason in franchise history

How he... "won" the offseason? Come on now. Against who?

If you subscribe to his strategy (which is still debatable), he made due with his circumstances and took advantage of some teams in transition.

I like the guy, but we are heading towards very choppy waters.

That's hardly... winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: How Kevin Pritchard won the most important offseason in franchise history

Lol what the.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I follow 8.9 seconds on twitter. That is definitely NOT something Jared would write.

Has anybody seen the writer of this article and bills together? glad he finally got the job he deserves
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-12-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good guy and nowhere near the level of snark that Bills has, but that would be inconceivable seeing as how his is legendary.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

It's a little over the top to say "won" the offseason, particularly at this point, but I am getting a bit tired of the idea that there's no f**king way anyone should ever say anything positive about the Pacers unless they are either paid to do so or are morons.
    BillS

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident View Post
    Didn't love the acquisition of Oladipo and Sabonis as well as the FA signing of Collison.

However, acquiring Cory Jospeh and signing Bojan were nice.
    I think Pacers fans are going to be pleasantly surprised by what Oladipo can do. He's a very athletic player with versatility. He can create his own shot and score off the dribble. This also means he's not afraid to get within the heart of the defense and score at the rim. He has range and can knock down the 3-ball with a very smooth stroke. He's quick with his shooting motion, but he doesn't get rattled even with players running at him from the wings. And he's clutch!!

If you've never seen him play (and admittedly I knew nothing about him until the Pacers acquired him in the OKC trade), you should check out a few YouTube videos of him especially when he was with the Orlando Magic. He was their #1 scoring option and he performed very well for them.

https://youtu.be/JYXAhvZc__8

https://youtu.be/4zQ4FiUZW2o

https://youtu.be/wIDDPf0EJZs

I think Pacers fans are going to like what they see of this guy and quickly forget about PG.
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 07-13-2017 at 04:30 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NuffSaid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident View Post
    Didn't love the acquisition of Oladipo and Sabonis as well as the FA signing of Collison.

However, acquiring Cory Jospeh and signing Bojan were nice.
    I can agree with this.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    I'm hoping we trade Thad for something, but if not, no biggie. I think he's super underrated and obviously a great locker room guy for the youngins. I agree he'll come in handy against all these star forwards. We're definitely a better team with him this year.
    I'm hoping we keep him.

Thaddeus Young is a good, young athlete with plenty of up-side to his game. I'd hate to lose him just when he was starting to show what he could do. The Pacers lost some interior toughness when he sustained his wrist injury. Once he returned healthy for the playoff push, I was impressed with his tenacity. His interior defense took alot of pressure off Myles Turner. Moreover, the two of them worked very well together.

It'll be interesting to see where he fits in this season (2017-2018). If the Pacers go with a traditional big body down low, we may see T. Young at Center and Myles Turner at PF. If they go with a dual stretch-forward tandum, you could see Sabonis (PF) and Turner (C) on the floor. OR the Pacers could go with 2 bangin' big bodies in T. Young (PF) and Al Jefferson (C) (assuming the Pacers keep him). Point is there are options and T. Young fits right in among the viable choices.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NuffSaid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    So in reality world Kevin Pritchard is the one who traded Danny starting the **** show that led to the most talented player in Pacers (NBA) history wanting out. Bird also bears a ton of the blame for this, dont get me wrong I am not excusing him, he is the one who **** all over Hibbert and pissed David West off enough to walk away from 10 million dollars just so he did not have to play for Larry Bird any more.

Lets not forget we traded Kawhi Leonard for George Hill who we then traded for Teague who we then let walk. This again is part of the shitshow PG and GH were tight, they lived next door to each other, they drove to practice together, they spent their down time fishing together and we just shipped him out for a one year rental.

We lost this summer gradually over the last few years. Yeah we got some young players who might improve but to say we won the summer is absurd.
    If you're thinking long-term, you're probably right.

The Pacers are effectively renting Darren Collison, Bogdanovic and Sabonis for 2-years apiece. However, that's a combined total of (at least) 5 years post-season experience between them. Still, let's not forget that this is Collison's second go-round with the Pacers. So, if you were expecting these guys to stick around for 3-5 years, you're probably just wishful thinking. The long-term prospects are the rookies and sophomores - Naing, Sumner, Anigbogu and Leaf. I like what I've seen of them from college and in try-outs. All are good prospects for future development whom I could see gaining significant playing time in 2-3 years if not sooner.

Another long-term acquisition was Victor Olidapo. He was definitely the big catch. I think he'll do just fine here.

So, it depends on your point-of-view whether or not Pritchard did good or bad. If you take the short-view, Pritchard did a masterful job. However, if you take the long-view, you'll just have to wait and see how the rookie/sophomore class develops and if Lance, Myles and Oladipo stick around.

It's a moot point now, but read this today...curious to know what folks ok PD think. Would that have been any better than what we got from OKC?

On Thursday’s episode of The Woj Pod, host Adrian Wojnarowksi revealed – and George confirmed – that before the Thunder acquired George in a trade with Indiana, the Warriors offered guard Klay Thompson in an effort to swing a deal to Golden State.
    22 mins ago via Oklahoman

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    It's a moot point now, but read this today...curious to know what folks ok PD think. Would that have been any better than what we got from OKC?

On Thursday’s episode of The Woj Pod, host Adrian Wojnarowksi revealed – and George confirmed – that before the Thunder acquired George in a trade with Indiana, the Warriors offered guard Klay Thompson in an effort to swing a deal to Golden State.

Here is what the article says

the Pacers offered George for guard Klay Thompson.
    It wasn't the other way around.

http://newsok.com/article/5556191
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Klay would leave in a year anyway.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Klay would leave in a year anyway.
    2 years - he's signed up to 2019.

But yeah, he's everyone's favorite FA target for that year. I expect the Pacers would revisit in 2 years' time.

I think KP did a more than serviceable job this offseason given the circumstances. I would expect the team to be worse than last season, but not way worse. Maybe in the 33-win range. Don't think that's that significant of a drop given the PG departure and the current direction. And they could still come together and surprise.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post

How would he know? Have him tell the story, Indiana doesn't keep him in the loop on anything.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

the Pacers offered George for guard Klay Thompson.

I suspect the idea that KP is a moron for turning the deal down will enter the lexicon of "facts", unfortunately.
    BillS

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Need to showcase Thad Young, and trade him close to the trade deadline. Could probably get a late first round pick for him. Thad would be perfect as a bench player on a contending team
    Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

If it was the other way around then Pritchard should have been fired on the spot. Obviously it wasn't.

PG to GS for Klay is old news. We knew of this offer weeks ago. Also offered PG for Kyrie straight up.

Doesn't matter though, we got TJ Leaf @ 18. Steal of the draft. Future MVP/HoF.