Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q-Rich trade for Kurt Thomas

Default Re: Q-Rich trade for Kurt Thomas

Good trade for the Suns.

Maybe I'll keep Kurt Thomas on my fantasy league "keeper team" since he now has a pass-first PG and a team that can run and give more posessions. His boards will definitely go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who finds the fact that the Suns are willing to break up the best team in the NBA last season ironic.

I thought a 60+ win season was the end all be all of existance, at least that's what I was told whenever I talked about changing the team last season.
    This shouldn't get lost at the end of the 1st page.

Peck, yes I'm shocked that the Suns are "breaking up their team" Oh wait the Pacers broke up their team last summr also when they traded Al for Jax

I don't see the Pacers trade last year as any less significant. In fact the pacers traded their third best player in Al. I don't see the Suns doing that. The Suns are trading their 5th best player.

So the Pacers broke up their team more than the Suns did

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Peck, yes I'm shocked that the Suns are "breaking up their team" Oh wait the Pacers broke up their team last summr also when they traded Al for Jax
    Hardly, 6th man for 6th man is not a change in your structure.

This is a starter for a starter & on top of that it is an entire philisophical change to boot.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Marbury, Crawford, and Q.

Wow, 3 guys who are never shy about taking any bad shot.

Hardly, 6th man for 6th man is not a change in your structure.

This is a starter for a starter & on top of that it is an entire philisophical change to boot.

Sorry read my second part of the post that I added.

Peck, the scary thing is I can anticipate what your response was going to be

Al 3rd best player Q the 5th best player.

Edit: oh and as far as the philosphical change, well I could have told them they were not going to win playing that type of defense

Does anybody else think Isiah might have his eyes on Zydrunas Illgauskas?
    Ya Zydrunas can finally fully rest his ankle, cause he ain't getting the ball more than 5 times with Marbury, Crawford and Q jacking them up.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was another one of our posters wacko trade ideas (no offense Skyfire).

I mean if one of us had come on here a week ago & suggested Thomas & a #1 for Q, we would'a been laughed off the board.

sweabs

Am I the only one who finds the fact that the Suns are willing to break up the best team in the NBA last season ironic.
    It's not ironic; they HAVE to for financial purposes. This way, they can keep the best players available to them.

good trade for phx. i never thought Q reallly fit into their system. even though the suns had an amazing offense, they suffered so much on D by having to play amare at C, marion at PF, and johnson at SF. everyone can now move back to their natural positions. KT is an excellent low post defender/rebounder and will take away a lot of the pressure from amare and marion.

haven't looked at the contracts, but i think it favors phx financially too so they can resign both JJ and amare.

i can't understand zeke's reasoning for this. they have no one on that team to play C now and they already had some young talent at the 2 & 3. plus he's taking on more $$$$$. i wouldn't be surprised if marbury is on his way out and jamal moves back to PG.

Tim

I thought a 60+ win season was the end all be all of existance, at least that's what I was told whenever I talked about changing the team last season.

For the record I will go with U.B.'s thoughts that this probably is the opening trade of some N.Y. salvos, or at least for their sake I hope it is.
    I think Isiah is going to try to do more deals, but what does he have left that is worth anything?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    Many Knicks fans actually LIKE this trade!! http://www.nbawire.com/cgi-bin/yabb/...num=1119510086
    I'm not gonna even read that one - the Knick forum I'm on had some people in favor and I aboslutely blistered the deal there.

IIRC correctly I thought that trading our best big man in expectation of drafting a 6-10 shooting guard who may average 10 and 6 in his best season in the pros was a mistake.

Oh yeah - and that we already had our quota of no-defense 39% FG shooting guards.

And I've been gone all day - really must head back there and see how that discussion's going.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Two differences between the 60 win teams mentioned is that 1)the Pacers were competative in the conference final and 2) the Suns have to make changes to keep Joe Johnson. It isn't the same situation at all.

is it just me or do I think the Knicks Win with this deal

Surely Q-rich is better then Kurt, I just feel if they shopped around a bit they'd find a better big man then Kurt, he'll be in his 30's won't he

Try and get a Big Man from eather the Bulls or Kings, not sure there seems to be a major lack of Big Man Talent out there

but Kurt, sure he plays with heart and gets a few boards a game but he won't take Phx to the next level

To me Q-Rich looked like the weakest link out of the PHX main rotation. Joe Johnson is a much better player on both sides of the ball even if he isn't as tall as Q.

Sure Q might be slightly more talented than Kurt, but I cant see how he can fit into the Knicks without massive lineup changes.

Having K.Thomas doesn't stop PHX from playing their running game. If he is grabbing the defensive boards and throwing outlet passes, then it gives Marion and Stoudamire more opportunity to run the break.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    Good trade for the Suns.

Maybe I'll keep Kurt Thomas on my fantasy league "keeper team" since he now has a pass-first PG and a team that can run and give more posessions. His boards will definitely go up.
    I've gotta figure out what I'm doing with JJ - I kinda hate to cut him but I may have to.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

foretaz

you know....q rich would be a great piece for cleveland to get....as in a sign and trade for igauslkas

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    you know....q rich would be a great piece for cleveland to get....as in a sign and trade for igauslkas
    big Z on a fast break, Can't really see that, but if he stays back in D all the time like the larger man on HS basketball teams then Phx will be right

I like that trade better, Q-rich and a Draft Pick for Big Z and Eric Snow

Works better for me..

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!!
    big Z on a fast break, Can't really see that, but if he stays back in D all the time like the larger man on HS basketball teams then Phx will be right

I like that trade better, Q-rich and a Draft Pick for Big Z and Eric Snow

Works better for me..
    i was referring to what isiah would do....cleveland is looking for a guy like q rich...theyve talked of redd and allen....

zeke supposedly has interest in the big Z....he might be looking at a sign and trade package to get the big center...

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    i was referring to what isiah would do....cleveland is looking for a guy like q rich...theyve talked of redd and allen....

zeke supposedly has interest in the big Z....he might be looking at a sign and trade package to get the big center...
    Three Way Deal you reckon

Cavs, Phx and Nicks

Fair nuff.. I stilll think Phx can get a Better C then Kurty for Q-rich...

Zeke wants anyone that earns more then 12 Mill a Year...