Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q-Rich trade for Kurt Thomas

Default Q-Rich trade for Kurt Thomas

click me

Quentin Richardson will be dealt to the Knicks in exchange for Kurt Thomas and a future conditional number one draft choice. This deal is pending league approval and should be announced following Game 7 of the NBA Finals on Thursday.

The deal was confirmed to me by a source close to the trade negotiations.

There was little doubt that one of the Suns’ five starters from the 2004-2005 season would not be back for the 2005-2006 season and Richardson is the player who that Bryan Colangelo and the Suns have decided to move. The move will clear room for the Suns to re-sign restricted free agent Joe Johnson.

Thomas is signed through the 2009 season, while Richardson, whose game overlaps with Johnson, is signed through the 2009 season as well and the Suns have a team option for the 2009-2010 season.

Richardson averaged 15 points and 6 rebounds per game in his first season in Phoneix. He made 226 3-pointers with the high-powered Suns, compared to 120 in his final season in Los Angeles.

Thomas, a 10-year veteran, gives the Suns a player who averaged 11.5 and 10.4 rebounds per game last season with the Knicks. He will allow Shawn Marion to slide back to the small forward position and Amare Stoudemire will be less exposed at center, playing beside a power forward of Thomas' caliber.
    urgh, if this goes down the Suns get alot better and Isiah is one hopeless trade closer to being fired.

Will Q-Rich ever see enough of the ball playing for the Knicks in order to break his 17 3pt attempts personal best? Me thinks not.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Q-Rich trade for Kurt Thomas

How dumb for Isiah, but I guess that's not new. just trade another #1 pick that could turn out real good.

Crawford and Richardson will from the biggest ball hog combo the league has ever seen. DisplacedKnick might be closer to jumping off that bridge. Drafting Channing Frye, and Bracey Wright may get him to jump
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

depending on the quality of the draft choice, this could actually be a GOOD trade for Zeke.

He could be trading one of the picks he got from the Spurs.

Oh yeah, and bye bye small-ball. Looks like the Suns are trashing it. They're going back to the traditional lineup next season.

This also means that Joe Johnson is probably staying put.

I wonder, now that Zeke has traded the ONE quality big man left on his roster, who does he plan on throwing out there at PF/C?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

How is it that despite having nobody over 6'7" worth a crap, Thomas decides to trade the ONE big man he has that doesn't suck? He's really making Scott Layden look like Jerry West right now.

foretaz

remember???? theyve got a new plan this year in ny....stephon is playing sf.....

what sux is i kinda woulda liked thomas with the pacers....i think i just posted something about that within the last week....

foretaz

maybe herb williams is gonna be a player-coach....

IF this is true

a) Isiah is even more clueless than I thought - nah, check that - I thought he was as clueless as anyone in basketball could possibly be after the Mo Taylor deal. He's just confirming that

b) We're drafting Channing Frye who, if he's lucky, will have a top NBA season of 10 and 6

c) We'll be shopping for a new GM by next May.

I want a new team.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Someone, please remove any sharp objects within reach of DisplacedKnick......He's gonna mortally wound himself with Isiah making trades like this

I expect the Knicks to make many changes this offseason so in fairness we need to wait to see what else they do

I believe Kurt had expressed his desire to be traded; he wanted out of there. (Eindar)

They should just trade 2 or 3 of their guards for a forward. Or just scratch the team
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it that despite having nobody over 6'7" worth a crap, Thomas decides to trade the ONE big man he has that doesn't suck? He's really making Scott Layden look like Jerry West right now.

I cant believe what I am reading.... first isiah traded nazr mohammed for malik rose to get an additional 1st round pick...

now he turns around and trade a first round pick + thomas for q rich...

so basically, it is like trading nazr, thomas for malik rose and q rich...

doesnt make sense at all????

SjA3837

Quote Originally Posted by stew

doesnt make sense at all????
    Isiah is going for the whole, "lets see how bad we can suck" approach.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Ok, the Suns get stronger that sort of sucks, but on the otherhand we also see the Knicks likely getting even weaker than they already are, which I LoVe .

I aggree with UB, the Knicks are bound to make at the very least one more trade, they have too many guards and WAY too many shoot-first guards now.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    IF this is true

a) Isiah is even more clueless than I thought - nah, check that - I thought he was as clueless as anyone in basketball could possibly be after the Mo Taylor deal. He's just confirming that

b) We're drafting Channing Frye who, if he's lucky, will have a top NBA season of 10 and 6

I want a new team.
    :thepacers:

IF this is true

I want a new team.
    Rim, it is time to fully join the dark side
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Suns got a huge steal here. They improved their defense and rebounding a lot here, and now Marion and Stoudamire can play their normal positions.

Many Knicks fans actually LIKE this trade!! http://www.nbawire.com/cgi-bin/yabb/...num=1119510086

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    Many Knicks fans actually LIKE this trade!! http://www.nbawire.com/cgi-bin/yabb/...num=1119510086
    Well, sure. I mean the NYK continue to evolve into an AND1 team.

Does anybody else think Isiah might have his eyes on Zydrunas Illgauskas?

NBAWIRE is a terrible message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    NBAWIRE is a terrible message board.
    I know, It's just the first link I found.

IF this is true

I want a new team.
    I think Isiah is doing a GREAT JOB! A GREAT JOB for any fan of any team that plays the Knicks! Keep up the good work, Isiah!

But sorry DK, I do feel for you personally. Remember, we had the Tobin regime here for the Colts! So most of us feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    But sorry DK, I do feel for you personally. Remember, we had the Tobin regime here for the Colts! So most of us feel your pain.
    Well, we also had Isiah coach the Pacers :

Am I the only one who finds the fact that the Suns are willing to break up the best team in the NBA last season ironic.

I thought a 60+ win season was the end all be all of existance, at least that's what I was told whenever I talked about changing the team last season.

For the record I will go with U.B.'s thoughts that this probably is the opening trade of some N.Y. salvos, or at least for their sake I hope it is.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13