Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Paul George On OKC, The Trade, And KD's Advice

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George On OKC, The Trade, And KD's Advice

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look here folks, the only thing you need to know about Larry Bird and Herb Simon. And the Pacers being on a budget....we refused to go a bit higher from 8-9 million per on Lance the first time around. Because we had a budget and Bird had other players to get. A year later and we are spending 13 million per on past his prime Monta freaking Ellis. ECF Lance Stephenson, who was helping to carry your team in the playoffs while your max contract center was all over the internet being compared to a big blue trash can with a broom sticking out of it.
    You tell me why a team coming off 2 ECF's has a freaking budget, that they can't go over the cap to keep a key player. But a year later get the cap space from Hibbert & West and they blow it all on Monta Ellis and Rodney stuckey....explain that ****.

Most teams structure their own free agent signings to agree to terms and actually sign at a later date so they can go over the cap if need be. Not the Pacers. Not for a ECF's team.

That's all you need to know about how badly this team has been run from the top down. The have a budget and barely any sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    See, I view the Lance contract completely differently because I never trusted him to not be a screw up, or a locker room distraction, or to be consistent on the floor, or to in general refrain from being a jackass, so I felt like Bird was overpaying to even offer him that contract, and I was happy when Charlotte picked him up instead. So I never viewed that particular offer from the perspective of, "If only we weren't on a budget, then we'd pay him even more!" I was moreso horrified we offered him what we even actually did, to be honest. I know others love the guy, but I was very down on him. He won me back a little bit last year, but I still don't trust him.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    I would rather have KAT than turner every single time. KAT put up insane stats for being on a bad team, defense will come. With the same usage rate, I doubt Turner would be even able to sniff those stats.
    Didn't the Timberwolves have a power forward that put up crazier numbers than KAT and was bad at defense but not as bad as KAT? You would Love him.

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Didn't the Timberwolves have a power forward that put up crazier numbers than KAT and was bad at defense but not as bad as KAT? You would Love him.

Would rather have Love any time of the day in comparison to Turner too. Pre-injury Love would be even better, how many times did Turner get out-rebounded by Love in the playoff series? How about this KAT will at least be a serviceable defender while being an offensive powerhouse, while Turner will be a great defender, while having serviceable offense. The offensive player will always win out. Defenses are no longer really man-to-man, all about team defense, and being effectively to switch or recover fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    You're so cute when your punch line gets stuck.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

PG got mad at this guy LOL

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

I've got a feeling this year is going to be hell for PG.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Default Paul George On OKC, The Trade, And KD's Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    See, I view the Lance contract completely differently because I never trusted him to not be a screw up, or a locker room distraction, or to be consistent on the floor, or to in general refrain from being a jackass, so I felt like Bird was overpaying to even offer him that contract, and I was happy when Charlotte picked him up instead. So I never viewed that particular offer from the perspective of, "If only we weren't on a budget, then we'd pay him even more!" I was moreso horrified we offered him what we even actually did, to be honest. I know others love the guy, but I was very down on him. He won me back a little bit last year, but I still don't trust him.
    People let their disdain for his hi jinx cloud just how important he was to the team. We won 56 games that year with that knuckle head. In the NBA is crucial to retain the talent you develop. He was the 2nd best player on the team that year and was the most consistent in his impact. Would of had Paul, Lance, Hill for the next 3-4 years. Lance would have probably developed his game even more in Paul's missed season. That was the most egregious mistake Larry Bird made.

If you were questioning Lance at 8-9 million a year, you must have been livid over Monta's deal a year later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This article pretty much summarizes the differences between a Batman and a Robin. A Batman looks to build the bat cave and lead the fight against evil, and Robin looks to join the fray.

We were never going to have a Batman in Paul, so it was time to part ways. He needed to help the FO recruit good players to work alongside him, he needed to play balls out and create the momentum of a title contender, etc etc. That was not worth a 200+ million contract to a small market team.

He thinks he's done everything he needed to do. He didn't. I think there's a good shot he could have his Batman in Westbrook.

Now, the question for us becomes: do we have our Batman in Turner or Oladipo? I'm not talking about the best player on the floor as much as I am true leadership and the centerpiece of team building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    OK, wait a second here:

http://kentsterling.com/2017/07/13/w...appy-hes-gone/

Do I love this article because of the points he tried to make, or:

George doesn’t understand that Pacers fans are fine with him leaving. The frustration came from the return in the trade being potentially affected by George’s agent leaking that he plans to sign with the Lakers. The Pacers were never going to be a championship team with George as its best player, and they had limited avenues to acquiring a batman to lead George’s Robin. Fans understand the Pacers are better off in the long run minus George.
    ...because he almost exactly mimicked my analogy?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

pta

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This OKC team has 0% chance at the finals and about a 15% chance at the conference finals. Since we are in the East that's honestly not far off from our odds if PG stayed and we tried to rebuild a little bit around him.
    OKC does have the league MVP who broke a record that many said was unbreakable. Not sure how the Pacers could close to matching that, even with Hayward.

I think OKC will be a top 3 team out west next season. I give them better odds than Houston. Chris Paul and Harden are notorious chokers in the playoffs.
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 07-14-2017 at 12:40 AM.