Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul George On OKC, The Trade, And KD's Advice

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George On OKC, The Trade, And KD's Advice

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'll have to ask the front office why the operate under the budget and don't go after max guys. My guess is they don't like to bid and overpay on top talent.
    Ah, I get it. I don't think we actually disagree. I'm more disputing the idea that Simon being cheap would prevent us getting a max guy (even if you think the star will end up being too expensive, as you've said, you just flip him for assets, and I think you could explain this to Simon if you were Bird or Pritchard). I definitely agree that we haven't ever gotten a big name, which, as I've said, I hope is caused by Bird wanting to get guys he thinks will be "steals" instead of overpay for talent. If not, well, I sure hope we draft well.
    Last edited by iogyhufi; 07-12-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Sports Logo

Ay Caramba!

We don't trade for top talent! This is the entire point I'm making.

We don't take the inherent risk of trading for top talent that is available for trade.
    The old regime of Bird and Walsh didn't. KP is the new administration in town, and PG didn't even give him a chance to see what he could do.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

I really don't get the excuse making, you want cap space and pieces to trade for a player like Jimmy period that is the freaking goal.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    The old regime of Bird and Walsh didn't. KP is the new administration in town, and PG didn't even give him a chance to see what he could do.
    That's the hope.

My only point is the message forever from the front office and ownership is "we are happy with just being competitive and we operate on a budget.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Yes, because a hail mary is giving up an overpaid above average starter and the 11th overall pick in a weak draft for a Top 10 NBA player.
    It is if Paul George walks.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city_thunder/

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...re_drafts/team

Who they got to build on after RW, and that's assuming that he doesn't decide to leave himself. Granted, they'll have a crapload of cap space if George and RW walks, and Kanters will probably take $18M of that since I don't believe he'll make more anywhere else. Also, you can safely say they don't have a 2018 draft pick, so they would be looking at a lottery pick in 2019.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Who they got to build on after RW, and that's assuming that he doesn't decide to leave himself. Granted, they'll have a crapload of cap space if George and RW walks, and Kanters will probably take $18M of that since I don't believe he'll make more anywhere else. Also, you can safely say they don't have a 2018 draft pick, so they would be looking at a lottery pick in 2019.
    You bottom out, get a Top 5 pick, and there's at least a decent chance they're in the same place we are with Turner except they can say they at least tried to contend.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I really don't get the excuse making, you want cap space and pieces to trade for a player like Jimmy period that is the freaking goal.
    There's a difference between trading for Butler to build a team versus trading for Butler out of desperation. Indiana would have been making a trade for Jimmy Butler out of desperation if they would have done it this summer. The T-Wolves did it right. Butler is on the team for two years with a good young core that's not going anywhere relatively soon.

Because they got PG, Russ will probably pick up his extension.

Even if OG walks, Russ knows OKC is dedicated to getting talent.

Sports Logo

You bottom out, get a Top 5 pick, and there's at least a decent chance they're in the same place we are with Turner except they can say they at least tried to contend.
    But you have to nail the pick...if you don't nail the pick, then it's back to the lottery for another year. That's a very slow rebuild. I guess some people get excited about discussing and scratching off lottery tickets every year. I'm know that I'm not one of those people.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Because they got PG, Russ will probably pick up his extension.

Even if OG walks, Russ knows OKC is dedicated to getting talent.
    And this will be Russ next summer after PG walks....

But you have to nail the pick...if you don't nail the pick, then it's back to the lottery for another year. That's a very slow rebuild. I guess some people get excited about discussing and scratching off lottery tickets every year. I'm know that I'm not one of those people.
    The Pacers still have to nail picks right now too and likely picking from the mid-late lottery, unless they want to see Turner leave when they fail to place an all-star next to him too. Absolutely nothing changes from that respect.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I don't really care what Paul says in this article it's not like he's going to say "haha yeah I can't believe someone was dumb enough to give anything for me but I've got a contract so whatever I guess until LA next year baby!", also I don't really care what happens to OKC cause I actually liked the supersonics and felt terrible for those fans the way everything went down. Also I just don't think we'll win a championship under current ownership, that doesn't mean I won't be a pacers fan it's just that there's been times as a fan where I felt like there was always some bs reason we couldn't get some player. Either we didn't have a good enough team to convince players to come here when we had cap space or when we were good it was "gosh darnit we just couldn't afford to add to the talent pool cause we gotta make sure we retain all our players and that darned luxury tax but I promise that if we had a chance at a championship we might sort of kind of maybe possibly go into the luxury tax."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

And this will be Russ next summer after PG walks....

Who cares?

He's inked.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Who cares?

He's inked.
    He obviously cares about the future
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo

The Pacers still have to nail picks right now too and likely picking from the mid-late lottery, unless they want to see Turner leave when they fail to place an all-star next to him too. Absolutely nothing changes from that respect.
    While they're doing that, they would be developing Turner, VO, Sabonis, Leaf, and GR3 (maybe) who are currently on the roster while keeping a relative competitive team for the local fans to watch. OKC would be developing nobody....

While they're doing that, they would be developing Turner, VO, Sabonis, Leaf, and GR3 (maybe) who are currently on the roster while keeping a relative competitive team for the local fans to watch. OKC would be developing nobody....
    And developing role players is great if you have stars, but Pacers have maybe one right now.

No one is afraid of Tristan Thompson, Shumpert, JR Smith, and Kyle Korver by themselves.

The Pacers aren't going to sign any stars, so you either have to draft them or trade for them (the latter which they've shown they're never willing to do).

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Look here folks, the only thing you need to know about Larry Bird and Herb Simon. And the Pacers being on a budget....we refused to go a bit higher from 8-9 million per on Lance the first time around. Because we had a budget and Bird had other players to get. A year later and we are spending 13 million per on past his prime Monta freaking Ellis. ECF Lance Stephenson, who was helping to carry your team in the playoffs while your max contract center was all over the internet being compared to a big blue trash can with a broom sticking out of it.
    You tell me why a team coming off 2 ECF's has a freaking budget, that they can't go over the cap to keep a key player. But a year later get the cap space from Hibbert & West and they blow it all on Monta Ellis and Rodney stuckey....explain that ****.

Most teams structure their own free agent signings to agree to terms and actually sign at a later date so they can go over the cap if need be. Not the Pacers. Not for a ECF's team.

That's all you need to know about how badly this team has been run from the top down. The have a budget and barely any sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

I hate seeing pictures of PG in a Thunder uniform. Hate it.

**** off PG, I hope Lance talks incredible amounts of **** to PG when we play.

Remember how Lance used to mess with LeBron? Yeah, that x10.
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 07-12-2017 at 11:56 PM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do the OKC people realize he's a two faced piece of **** who is lying to their faces?

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    Do the OKC people realize he's a two faced piece of **** who is lying to their faces?
    PG wants to do special things in OKC and isn't worrying about his impending free agency right now? It's almost like I've heard it all before!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post: