Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul George On OKC, The Trade, And KD's Advice

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George On OKC, The Trade, And KD's Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only difference we didn't have an option. Chris Paul? Carmello?

Before they fired Phil, should KP have traded Monta, 17th pick, a future pick, and Turner for Porzingis and Melo?

What else was there? There wasn't a Suns team blowing up their roster. What sign and trade deal could we have gotten to pacify this baby?
    Hey man no need to jump on me, lol I'm not agreeing with Vnzla. I just see his point and the similarities of the situations

Edit: but if there was a chance to trade Myles for a true star to put next to Paul, that would have been the move to make IF you want Paul to stay
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 07-11-2017 at 01:29 PM.

The only difference we didn't have an option. Chris Paul? Carmello?

Before they fired Phil, should KP have traded Monta, 17th pick, a future pick, and Turner for Porzingis and Melo?

What else was there? There wasn't a Suns team blowing up their roster. What sign and trade deal could we have gotten to pacify this baby?

Cousins, Jimmy, Melo.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do not wish him well. I want OKC to suck. I want him to go to LAL, and for them to suck. I am glad we didn't get Ingram, he will be a bust. I hope no other superstar goes with him to LA. I want Paul George to be a footnote in Lebron's career. 15 years from, when someone asks someone, "you remember Paul George?. I want the answer to be, "The guy that broke his leg?".

I can't stand him because he epitomizes a culture that would rather join it than build it.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Cousins, Jimmy, Melo.
    Cousins is a bad idea. He will bolt NOP the first chance he gets. We didn't have enough to get Jimmy and how do we know that KP didn't try? Just because it wasn't leaked doesn't mean we weren't trying.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    So that's interesting. I don't think that LeBron was a Batman when he went to the Heat. Wade was the pillar and leadership foundation of Miami. He is OTOH the Batman of Cleveland, and went back specifically to take on that role.

I think Westbrook and Durant struggled to decide who was in charge back in the day. I think we already know that Westbrook is the textbook definition of team leader. Steph Curry is the foundation of the Warriors team now and I think that Durant enjoys that. Curry created a big time selfless leadership model that's a winner.

The specific point I'm trying to make is that the best player on the team is not necessarily its leader. Sometimes they are the same, but sometimes they are not. I'd be shocked to see either Curry or Westbrook leave their team in the same way that Duncan or Nowitzki wouldn't leave. Those are my Batmans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey I hear ya. But often times the guys that stay are the guys that are surrounded by greatness.

GS is the current gold standard for putting a team together from scratch. Their current regime is making it close to impossible for someone to NOT want to play there.

SA and Dallas are known to be outstanding organizations from top to bottom for the last decade plus.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Russ leave next summer

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I know the odds of this are insanely low but how funny would it be if the Pacers somehow upset Raptors or Wizards in the 1st round of the playoffs as the 6 seed and Thunder lose in the first round as the 4 or 5 seed. I'd say that would be a pretty awesome Pacers moment. PG has to watch Pacers/Cavs or Pacers/Celtics while he's done.

A guy can dream.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

Cousins, Jimmy, Melo.
    Cousins? Sure, Jimmy? Sure

**** no to Melo

Cousins is a bad idea. He will bolt NOP the first chance he gets. We didn't have enough to get Jimmy and how do we know that KP didn't try? Just because it wasn't leaked doesn't mean we weren't trying.
    Myles by himself would have been better than whatever they got for Jimmy.

and again I'm talking about win now I'm not talking about X player leaving some day point is to show PG they were serious and they were not.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

I mean you get Cousins last year and we are talking about a team with Teague, PG, Cousins, tell me that wouldn't be enough to at least have a meeting with Hayward.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Melo is fading and he wouldn't allow the trade (and he can do that).

Cousins is a major, major red flag regarding his demeanor and his general locker room behavior. I don't have links in front of me, but I've both read and heard things over the years suggesting he's a nightmare behind the scenes, despite being an otherwise good guy. Not sure what the specific story is but he just sounds immature and/or very temperamental.

Maybe Chicago would do Myles for Butler, but then how is that suddenly making us a contender? Our best center is Kevin Seraphin in that scenario. Let's say they pay up and get Holiday or Teague, and/or Gallinari.

Teague/Holiday
    Butler
    George
    Gallinari
    New Center

Is that a team that's going to beat Cleveland or Golden State?

And this is assuming Chicago would do the deal instead of the MIN deal.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Hey I hear ya. But often times the guys that stay are the guys that are surrounded by greatness.

GS is the current gold standard for putting a team together from scratch. Their current regime is making it close to impossible for someone to NOT want to play there.

SA and Dallas are known to be outstanding organizations from top to bottom for the last decade plus.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Russ leave next summer
    I think we see it similar.

But if you ask the owners of their organizations why they are where they are, they quickly point to Nowitzki and Duncan, and they have this almost unbreakable bond... one holds down the team, one holds down the front office, and they work to actively build and commit to the team, together. When I spoke with Vogel the other day, it's the damn first thing he lamented not having in Orlando. He has lots of good players, but no team leadership.

I don't think Paul has that. Either he doesn't have it, or he wasn't willing to show it given his relationship with Larry or Kevin. Transcendent talent, but lacks that instinctive ability to inspire others, and to be resolute. Durant seems similar to me, tbh. More introverted than extroverted, etc.

I don't think there's any point to trying to "go for it" unless that kind of player/FO dynamic is in place these days.

PS: I would be surprised if Westbrook left.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

I mean you get Cousins last year and we are talking about a team with Teague, PG, Cousins, tell me that wouldn't be enough to at least have a meeting with Hayward.
    It'd be enough to get a meeting, we wouldn't have cap space though.

Mood

So you are saying we should have traded Myles, pick, and Monta for Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Melo is fading and he wouldn't allow the trade (and he can do that).

Cousins is a major, major red flag regarding his demeanor and his general locker room behavior. I don't have links in front of me, but I've both read and heard things over the years suggesting he's a nightmare behind the scenes, despite being an otherwise good guy. Not sure what the specific story is but he just sounds immature and/or very temperamental.

Maybe Chicago would do Myles for Butler, but then how is that suddenly making us a contender? Our best center is Kevin Seraphin in that scenario. Let's say they pay up and get Holiday or Teague, and/or Gallinari.

Teague/Holiday
    Butler
    George
    Gallinari
    New Center

Is that a team that's going to beat Cleveland or Golden State?

And this is assuming Chicago would do the deal instead of the MIN deal.

PG/Jimmy would have been enough to beat anybody.

So you are saying we should have traded Myles, pick, and Monta for Cousins?
    If that was the price? sure.

I do not wish him well.
    Lol

PG/Jimmy probably wouldn't be enough to beat anybody. Definitely not Golden State.

Is PG/Jimmy better than LeBron/Kyrie? They also have Love in there as well...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Mood

LOL. Jimmy is your new Monta. No way do they beat the Cavs, let alone GSW.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Mood

We didn't have the options that Paul felt we need to contend. Any superstar would have gutted our team worse than it is, that means if they were willing to take our trash with Myles. You all make it seem so simple.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    PG/Jimmy probably wouldn't be enough to beat anybody. Definitely not Golden State.

Is PG/Jimmy better than LeBron/Kyrie? They also have Love in there as well...
    Well they were very close to beat Cleveland last year ad Jimmy to that equation and they pass Cavs.

LOL. Jimmy is your new Monta. No way do they beat the Cavs, let alone GSW.
    We are talking about a guy as good or better than PG, a true super star.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    And yes believe me when I say I would have, and actually still do, understand that if KP literally told him the idea was Holiday & Gallonari with a few other minor adjustments that his first call after hearing that was to his agent saying get me out of here.
    Very likely the above was happening, Pritchard even hinted at this in his interview with JMV that they were ready to make big offers to two free agents and he even shared the names with Paul. Imagine Paul staying, KP signing these free agents (whoever they might have been) and then Paul inevitably leaving next summer.. We are actually in a lot better position now - thanks to Paul and his agent.

The Pacers are very happy with a 44 win team and beyond ecstatic with a 48-50 win team. They thought that's what PG meant under contending. Problem is he's been around there before and knows that's not enough. Especially today with these powerhouses.

I love the saltiness in the thread by the way. Players should be loyal but if the team cuts or trades a guy that's whatever lol. Good guy Hayward left Utah leaving them in deep trouble but he's such a good guy compared to PG. He did not give ultimatums or requests, just quietly went on and signed with another team. Thanks for everything, Utah, bye! Same for Durant. Thanks for everything, OKC, bye! Again, I don't care about the circumstances and emotions, this is a business and that is about bottom lines.

The thoughts that pop up about Paul not giving KP a chance to build a contender this summer are very amusing. Just to clarify, there was about 0.01% chance for KP to build a real contender this summer with the assets we had. That ship has sailed with Bird's "innovative" moves a few seasons back.
    uno, due, trezegol!

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faank For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by faank View Post
    Very likely the above was happening, Pritchard even hinted at this in his interview with JMV that they were ready to make big offers to two free agents and he even shared the names with Paul. Imagine Paul staying, KP signing these free agents (whoever they might have been) and then Paul inevitably leaving next summer.. We are actually in a lot better position now - thanks to Paul and his agent.

The Pacers are very happy with a 44 win team and beyond ecstatic with a 48-50 win team. They thought that's what PG meant under contending. Problem is he's been around there before and knows that's not enough. Especially today with these powerhouses.

I love the saltiness in the thread by the way. Players should be loyal but if the team cuts or trades a guy that's whatever lol. Good guy Hayward left Utah leaving them in deep trouble but he's such a good guy compared to PG. He did not give ultimatums or requests, just quietly went on and signed with another team. Thanks for everything, Utah, bye! Same for Durant. Thanks for everything, OKC, bye! Again, I don't care about the circumstances and emotions, this is a business and that is about bottom lines.

The thoughts that pop up about Paul not giving KP a chance to build a contender this summer are very amusing. Just to clarify, there was about 0.01% chance for KP to build a real contender this summer with the assets we had. That ship has sailed with Bird's "innovative" moves a few seasons back.
    QFT

35. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

I guess if you pay attention Presti is doing to Westbrook what Pacers didn't do to PG.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Well they were very close to beat Cleveland last year ad Jimmy to that equation and they pass Cavs.
    We got swept. A respectable sweep, but still a sweep. I don't think swapping Turner for Jimmy changes that.