Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul George On OKC, The Trade, And KD's Advice

Default Re: Paul George On OKC, The Trade, And KD's Advice

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess LeBron is going to keep racking up those finals losses then
    Is losing in the semifinals somehow better? Am I missing something? They won 2 seasons ago, they were a couple breaks from at least being in the series this time around. He wouldn't win anything with the Lakers, let's be serious.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Haven't read any of this thread yet. But I'm sure many are ripping PG.

That was an excellent article, and I;m excited to see what PG and Westbrook can do. And call me what you want, but I believe PG would have stayed with the Pacers if he thought they were close to contending

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Well he is no longer the Pacers problem. He is out west so even less of a problem.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Imagine if PG had walked into the office and asked for a sign and trade to LAL or LAC. All this drama could have been spared, unless that's what the NBA wanted in the first place. Think the Pacers could have gotten a better trade offer? Think PG wouldn't be in LA with some of his new teammates working out? This BS drama set up we've gone through this off season is pure manipulation, IMO. The more like WWE the NBA becomes, the more long time fans are going to just say "Screw it" and stop following it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This article pretty much summarizes the differences between a Batman and a Robin. A Batman looks to build the bat cave and lead the fight against evil, and Robin looks to join the fray.

We were never going to have a Batman in Paul, so it was time to part ways. He needed to help the FO recruit good players to work alongside him, he needed to play balls out and create the momentum of a title contender, etc etc. That was not worth a 200+ million contract to a small market team.

He thinks he's done everything he needed to do. He didn't. I think there's a good shot he could have his Batman in Westbrook.

Now, the question for us becomes: do we have our Batman in Turner or Oladipo? I'm not talking about the best player on the floor as much as I am true leadership and the centerpiece of team building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I dont fully agree with this assessment. Lebron and KD both left franchises in order to go elsewhere and win rings. They're both certainly Batman.

Now is Paul on their level? Obviously not. I definitely think in today's league, Paul is better suited as a second star next to a more dominant star. That doesn't take away from the incredible player that he is, just a fact of where the league is today with multiple star players teaming up

I think Paul looked at his time with the Pacers and determined that the outlook of the franchise was trending downward. Once he saw what the off season plans were, he finally decided that he couldn't win here and was ready to go elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 07-11-2017 at 11:30 AM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Obligatory go **** yourself Paul

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Let's play a game. I'm just curious what some of you think.

Based on the what happened thus far this past offseason, do you think certain trades/signings don't happen if the "LA thing was overstated"?
    My first thought goes to Boston, but I don't think Ainge would have upped the ante. On the same coin, Tantum looked GOOD in SL. So good that I feel a Tantum/PG swap would have been a fair trade. I think Ainge would be a fool to give him up now. HOWEVER, I will subscribe to the theory that KP would have traded PG to the WC as his first preference. His current signings indicate that he wants Indiana to be competing and in the playoffs in 2-3 years easily, so I don't think he wants Indiana to go against a juggernaut he created.
    Unless PG, or his agent, said what was said. That he was definitely going to the LAL after next season, then the Pacers would not have traded him. Which they shouldn't. Pacers would have retooled around PG and what would have happened next season would have happened. Unless the Pacers really got lucky in the rebuild, Paul would have left next summer and this process would have started then absent Oladipo and Sabonis.

JMO, but PG has been transparent about his wish to be on a winning team the whole time. If the Pacers could have provided it again, he would have stayed. But they didn't. He has a chance to go to LA with Lebron next summer and will take it, IMO. Forming up Super Friends, Part 2 is a good chance for Paul to be on a championship level team. Nothing in the article indicated that his plan is any different than it has been since the end of last season. Lots of coulds, woulds and other words that mean maybe.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Unless PG, or his agent, said what was said. That he was definitely going to the LAL after next season, then the Pacers would not have traded him. Which they shouldn't. Pacers would have retooled around PG and what would have happened next season would have happened. Unless the Pacers really got lucky in the rebuild, Paul would have left next summer and this process would have started then absent Oladipo and Sabonis.

JMO, but PG has been transparent about his wish to be on a winning team the whole time. If the Pacers could have provided it again, he would have stayed. But they didn't. He has a chance to go to LA with Lebron next summer and will take it, IMO. Forming up Super Friends, Part 2 is a good chance for Paul to be on a championship level team. Nothing in the article indicated that his plan is any different than it has been since the end of last season. Lots of coulds, woulds and other words that mean maybe.
    Pacers have a much better roster now and plenty of salary cap room next year.
    Could PG make this current roster a challenger in the east?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

That was an excellent article, and I;m excited to see what PG and Westbrook can do. And call me what you want, but I believe PG would have stayed with the Pacers if he thought they were close to contending
    Well, I don't think anyone is disputing that he would have stayed if we was contending...

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

Yup, PG must have realized Gallo and Jrue weren't really going to tip the scales nor did they have the personalities to previous pacers team. I think PG was looking we can be at least 1st or second seed, and he didn't want to wait around for Turner to finish developing

Pacers making Myles untouchable kind of reminds me of the Cavs with JJ Hickson I expect this decision to bite them in the a**, if Pacers were serious about contending they would have traded anybody to make that possible but instead they wanted to go the mediocre way.

By my calculations (money and fit) Pacers were going to end up with DC and Rudy Gay, Paul George was able to see the writing on the wall and told them to trade him.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-11-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Pacers making Myles untouchable kind of reminds me of the Cavs with JJ Gibson I expect this decision to bite them in the a**, if Pacers were serious about contending they would have traded anybody to make that possible but instead they wanted to go the mediocre way.

By my calculations (money and fit) Pacers were going to end up with DC and Rudy Gay, Paul George was able to see the writing on the wall and told them to trade him.
    Who the hell is JJ Gibson

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

For whatever reason and after reading your statement, Indiana was pretty much screwed unless by some miracle they signed a big time free agent. In reality, a retool/rebuild was unavoidable, unless Paul George wanted to be a Pacer for life.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Paul George is so full of **** it isn't even funny. He didn't even give Pritchard a chance to build a contender around him. And he thinks he's going to have a better shot at winning a championship in the West? Only if he finds a way to join Golden State.

Like LeBron and Durant, Paul is a coward who runs away for the "sure thing" when things get tough.

Screw you, Paul.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Who the hell is JJ Gibson
    He meant Hickson

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Paul George is so full of **** it isn't even funny. He didn't even give Pritchard a chance to build a contender around him. And he thinks he's going to have a better shot at winning a championship in the West? Only if he finds a way to join Golden State.

Like LeBron and Durant, Paul is a coward who runs away for the "sure thing" when things get tough.

Screw you, Paul.
    He had already been giving Bird that chance. Once Bird left and KP was promoted, Paul looked at that as a rebuild (retool, whatever).

KP made his team building plans 100% clear to Paul. Apparently whatever he presented to Paul was enough to make Paul throw his hands up and say "I'm good"

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

When PGs career is over I'll look back and appreciate what he did for the Pacers in his time here. But for now: he's getting boos from me and I can't wait to watch OKC get knocked out in Round 1.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    Notice how high the bar he set for what the Thunder has to accomplish this season for him to stay. "If we make the conference finals, beat Golden State."

And it does sound like he know someone is going to LA with him next season
    I believe, now more than ever, that there was some collusion going on with LA.

**** the Lakers.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    He had already been giving Bird that chance. Once Bird left and KP was promoted, Paul looked at that as a rebuild (retool, whatever).

KP made his team building plans 100% clear to Paul. Apparently whatever he presented to Paul was enough to make Paul throw his hands up and say "I'm good"
    Well, then maybe Paul should have actually been honest with Pritchard rather than just giving him lip service while planning to turn tail.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

He meant Hickson
    The guy who averaged 8/5 at the same age Turner averaged 15/7?

Seems like a big stretch to compare the two

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

The guy who averaged 8/5 at the same age Turner averaged 15/7?

Seems like a big stretch to compare the two
    Vnzla actuallly makes sense here.

Cleveland could have traded for Amare at the time but didnt want to part with Hickson. That was his point

Vnzla thinks the Pacers should have traded Myles for another stat in an effort to get Paul to stay
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 07-11-2017 at 12:32 PM.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Screw you, Paul.
    Agreed. Paul George can go kick rocks. We don't need a whiny little ***** on our roster.
    PACER FAN ON STRIKE!!!-The moment the Pacers fire Larry Bird I will cheer for them again.

Well, then maybe Paul should have actually been honest with Pritchard rather than just giving him lip service while planning to turn tail.
    Well he did eventually

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Vnzla actuallly makes sense here.

Cleveland could have traded for Amare at the time but didnt want to part with Hickson. That was his point
    And Hickson wasn't nearly as good as Turner. I get what he's saying, but comparing him to Hickson when Turner is the much better prospect makes no sense.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

And Hickson wasn't nearly as good as Turner. I get what he's saying, but comparing him to Hickson when Turner is the much better prospect makes no sense.
    I think he's comparing the situations, not the players.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post: