Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I loved Arvydas's game and his style of passing. But if you measure that skill by assists he did not rank very high. I was a bit surprised. Also, Wilt was easily as good or better and had similar presence and command in the paint along with great court vision.
    Arvydas of NBA was a pale shadow of generational talent of his younger days. His legs (knees, ankles, name it) had been shot to pieces by age of 25 and he only arrived in Portland at age of 31. If one did not follow European/international basketball, one never really saw and understood just how GREAT Sabonis was at his best. Heck, the corpse of Arvydas was twice his healthy son and that doesn't even mean that Domantas is hopeless...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

The Pacers will win 34 games and miss the playoffs and will finish second to last in the Central

TJ Leaf will not crack the rotation for the entire year

Thad will be traded to a contender at the trade deadline for a late first round pick in the 2018 draft

Oladipo will have a career year in terms of statistics and be embraced by the fan base

Joseph and GRIII will eventually unseat Collison and Bojan for starting positions

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Oladipo will have a good year
    Myles Turner will be disappointing. I hope the best for the kid, but I just don't see him being more than the 3rd or 4th option and a defensive anchor shot blocker.
    Lance becomes the vocal leader of this team. He won't lead by example, but he will be the one getting in people's faces when they aren't playing hard. ( Wow did I just say that lol)
    I am on record

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rimrattler For This Useful Post:

The Pacers will actually hit game winning shots that PG and CJ missed last year. The new team will play winning basketball.

They will win 5 more games that they did last year.

Lance will be the leader of this team and Myles Turner will have a major breakout year and make the All Star team with Lance.

I'm on the record.
    Last edited by hoopsforlife; 07-14-2017 at 06:24 AM.

Sports Logo

season record'll be pretty similar, +/- 3 games or so, but STH'ers will ***** and moan about people calling for a tank because they've deluded themselves into thinking watching a team win 38 games is "fun."

What's Vegas say?

I'm way way low at this moment since I've gotten past the initial excitement of having new players and have gotten past that they got something decent for PG. Like top 5 pick low, like watching tons of college basketball low. It's July though.

I can give lots of reasons why I'm so low, but don't have it in me to type it all out.

Also, unintentionally getting a top 5 pick isn't the worst thing, since KP seems to have a plan and is being smart With the cap.

Lastly, I think KP intentionally has a bunch of trade deadline chips that will be super attractive to contenders in DC, Bogdanavic, Corey Joseph, Thad, and even Lance. What team going into the playoffs doesn't need a back up point, shooter, or back up PF for a final push and might overpay to get them? Savvy I think how KP did it. You get to kick the tires on these guys to see if they are keepers, if not you pay them forward for more assets or let them drop off with min cap impact.

ive gotten off track.
    Last edited by Speed; 07-14-2017 at 07:53 AM.

I am 100% sure if this. Those of you who are picking the Pacers to be near a .500 team or better you will blame Nate when the team wins 29 games .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I am 100% sure if this. Those of you who are picking the Pacers to be near a .500 team or better you will blame Nate when the team wins 29 games .
    They have been sharping the pitchforks since last year. Of course this will be the talking point for the season.

The Pacers end the season on a 3 game winning streak to finish 32-50. End up with the 10th pick in the draft.

The team is difficult to watch at times due to lack of talent, but they always play hard.

Lance has an awful season as our 6th man. Shoots 41% from the field, and 30% from 3. 2.5 Turnovers per game.

DC gets hurt early in the season. Corey Joseph becomes the starting point guard and keeps the job. Averages an efficient 12, 4, and 4 as a starter.

Turner averages exactly 20 points per game to go with 7.5 boards, and 2.5 blocks. Makes the all star game as a reserve.

Dipo is what he is. Averages 16.5 points per game on 43% shooting from the field, 34% from three. Frustrates the board by not getting to the free throw line enough.

Leaf spends most of the year on the D-League. Sabonis gives us a mostly uninspiring 8.5 points, and 4 boards off the bench.

I'm on the record.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While others will blame Nate for not playing the poorer players enough and winning too many games. Well, Nate and KP for trading for too many mediocre veterans and Herb for being to greedy to be willing to lose big bucks for 5 years so we can get a franchise changing player.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Cory Joseph is on the Pacers?

Pacers go 33 & 49.

Team plays very hard, which is the only reason the win total is not less.

Turner struggles with the increased leadership and scoring responsibilities, although he generally maintains a positive attitude throughout and is the team's best player by default.

Dipo "improves" some, but doesn't convince that his ceiling is significantly higher than what he's shown elsewhere. Confirms that he is a viable option at 2, but only as middling offensive option on a good team.

Lance is unable to maintain the momentum of his season-ending performance from last year, in part due to his inability to consistently hit the three, which opponents dare him to shoot as they sag off to deny him the drive. Still, he benefits from matching up with backups, allowing him to have moderate success off the bench in a point forward role offensively.

Bojan's long-distance shooting is appreciated but is negated by his absolute sieve-like defense.

Sabonis, Leaf, and Anigbogu (in what limited minutes he gets) all underwhelm. Public left wondering if Sabonis could ever be more than a decent backup and whether the latter duo have any hopes of even being legit rotational players. Leaf's only notable success is hitting 3s off feeds from Lance in the second unit.

DC & CoJo provide solid if slightly uninspiring play at the point, confirming that neither is truly starter material.

GRIII becomes automatic at the corner 3-ball, which opens up his driving game a little more. Unfortunately, his D still lags some; therefore, he can't quite displace Bojan from the starters, but he is a consistent contributor from the second unit averaging low double figures.

Thad Young starts throughout and is arguably the team's second-best player. He averages a low-end double-double and flashes some more of the defensive ability he showed from last year's Cavs series. As always, he plays hard every night and word is he does his best to mentor the younger bigs and model professionalism. In fact, the coaching staff and management are sufficiently pleased that they don't trade him, signing him to a new, reasonably-priced, three-year deal.

A late-season run of success coupled with the team's year-long effort and enthusiasm saves Nate's job and ensures the roster/coaching staff will roughly remain intact for one more season with the addition of our draft pick and the always dicey prospect of adding top-tier talent via free agency. Bojan and DC's deals could be dealt at the following deadline pending their play and CoJo bolts for a more competitive situation.

I'm on the record.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

17. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Pacers will win 36 games and be in the playoff hunt until the last week of the season. The pro tank crowd will cry and moan all season that we are playing to good despite the fact that we are fun to watch and 2-3 of our young guys are improving and showing they could be pretty good players. One or two may look like they have the potential to be an all-star somewhere down the road.

Oladipo and Turner will be our top 2 scorers, each averaging around 18 ppg.

Sabonis will become the starting PF next to Turner. They will play well together.

Lance will shoot around 34-35% from 3 but he will still be Lance so he will not start. He will average around 25 mpg and on most nights will be a key player off the bench.

I'm on the record.

Pacers go 41-41. 21-20 at home. 20-21 on the road.

Nate is named Most Average Coach of the Year.

I'm on the record.

My prediction is KP will swing a trade before the deadline in February for another 2018 1st round pick.

37-45

Sports Logo

I don't think that next season's record should influence one's opinion on Nate. After all, it's a rebuilding season. If something extraordinary happens and somehow we win 48-50 games and make the yeah I can see people thinking more positively of Nate but I don't see why anyone would think more negatively of him based on our record. Even if it's a horrible record and we win less than 20 games, who cares? You're not supposed to care about your W/L record when you rebuild. You're supposed to care about your young players improving.

Now, if Nate starts playing someone like Al Jefferson over our younger players then yeah I can see people being pissed at him. A year dedicated at developing your young players should be focused on exactly that. If Nate screws this up then people will blame him for it but that has nothing to do with our record.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post: