Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who did we lose that was a difference maker on the glass?
    Paul was the second leading rebounder last year. We also didn't add anyone either. We were 25th in rebounding differential so it looks like we could struggle there again

Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Default Re: On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Who did we lose that was a difference maker on the glass?
    Do all the people saying we will be awful at rebounding realize it's one of Sabonis's biggest strengths? I also expect Myles to improve in this area since he's bulked up a bit.

Of course I still expect Thad to be traded before the season starts, so we'll see.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Do all the people saying we will be awful at rebounding realize it's one of Sabonis's biggest strengths? I also expect Myles to improve in this area since he's bulked up a bit.

Of course I still expect Thad to be traded before the season starts, so we'll see.
    We were terrible last year. And we didnt add anyone substantial, not to mention we lost one of our best rebounders in PG. Being as good as last year is a horrible benchmark.
    Lifelong pacers fan

Peck has me convinced. I'm saying 40 wins.

DC/CoJo
    Dipo/Lance
    Bojan/GRIII
    Sabonis/Thad/Leaf
    Turner/Al Jeff

I would love another big like Dedmon, but I think what we lack in a superstar we makeup for having a balanced roster that makes sense.

Mood

People are banking on a lot of best case scenarios next season - sabonis being a major contributor, oladipo playing amazing, turner improving, lance playing like old lance - yet still predicting 35 wins. Sounds like we could be very awful.
    Lifelong pacers fan

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Peck has me convinced. I'm saying 40 wins.

DC/CoJo
    Dipo/Lance
    Bojan/GRIII
    Sabonis/Thad/Leaf
    Turner/Al Jeff

I would love another big like Dedmon, but I think what we lack in a superstar we makeup for having a balanced roster that makes sense.
    Don't forget Seraphin! I think he's the primary backup C. AlJeff is "break in case of emergency" unless he's on the Gordon Hayward workout.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    People are banking on a lot of best case scenarios next season - sabonis being a major contributor, oladipo playing amazing, turner improving, lance playing like old lance - yet still predicting 35 wins. Sounds like we could be very awful.
    If Pacers make the playoffs it will be because all those things happened and 35 wins made the playoffs. The Pacers are a 25-35 win team and there's nothing wrong with that for 1 year, I'd rather be under 25 and get a top 5 pick.

Darren Collison was starting point guard on the Kings who didn't make the playoffs. Oladipo was a 2 guard and second fiddle on an OKC team carried by Westbrook and before that didn't sniff the playoffs in Orlando. Bojan was a decent player in Brooklyn but on some of the worst teams in the league. Myles is leading a team for the 1st time so who knows how that will go and everyone else is a role player at best.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Turner and Sabonis switch positions on offense/defense to take advantage of Myles' shooting ability and shot blocking.
    Dipo becomes the fan favorite from the first game, competing only with Lance in that area.
    GR3 takes a large step forward as a defender and teammate.
    Leaf will play more time at the SF than the PF or he will be in Ft. Wayne.
    Nate will buy into the Youth movement big time since no blame can be leveled against him for losing.
    Pacers will eke into the playoffs for one series.
    I'm on the Record.

Nate McMillan won't say anything interesting all year.

I'm on the record.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Ok! PG will have a down year with record low usage.
    Pacers will have a better record than last year and make the 2nd round. And even if they don't, I will enjoy watching this team more than the last two years.

Fouls on smith will open a thread about firing somebody 4 weeks into the season.

I'm on the record
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

The Pacers finish the season 42-40. Myles Turner takes a moderate step forward. Oladipo leads all scorers. Collison and Lance with respectable seasons. Bojan a bit of a disappointment.

Cavs are good but now challenged by Boston. No one else in east compares. LeBron once again goes to finals.

Golden State again dominates the west. Paul knocks up another stripper. OKC is more competitive, but GS represents the west again.

Golden State wins the title.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Pacers win 40.

About the same as with the diva-bag. Just as good without you.

I'm on the record.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

After two months everybody gets tired of Collison, who is replaced by Corey Joseph and Lance plays backup point guard.

Just before the playoffs Lance starts at point guard and Joseph becomes his back up.

Bojan starts at 3 the entire year and continues to get better.

Sabonis starts and continues to get better.

Thad gets lots of minutes and becomes a key go-to player throughout the year. Myles continues to be disappointing. He is traded at the deadline for a marquis scorer, probably a 3 or 4. We eek into the playoffs and make it to the second round and do well.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Pacers will have no all stars and we'll end the season with 30-33 wins.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

Sports Logo

Domantas Sabonis will earn the starting PF spot and he will be starting for us in the playoffs.

I'm on the record.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Domantas Sabonis will earn the starting PF spot and he will be starting for us in the playoffs.

I'm on the record.
    NUNTIUS IS ON BOARD!

Now I'm amped.

I'm on the record.
    I hope you are right. If he develops into half the player his dad was, we are in the playoffs and stole him from OKC.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Bad things that could happen this season:

- Myles Turner shows no improvement or worse, regresses
    - Lance looks like Lance Stephenson post pacers
    - Leaf shows little to no potential; plays on the mad ants
    - Sabonis shows no improvement; not good enough to start
    -We see why nobody is very high on oladipo
    -Bagdonovic proves to be a 36% 3pt shooter and nothing more
    -Thad starts looking old
    - We see why corey joseph is a career backup; shows no improvement

If a few of these things happen we could be the worst team in the league. People appear to believe just the opposite on all points. I think we would need to have all these guys play to their potential to have a shot at the playoffs. Personally I think we are expecting way too much from some of these guys.
    Last edited by pacers_heath; 07-11-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    Lifelong pacers fan

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I hope you are right. If he develops into half the player his dad was, we are in the playoffs and stole him from OKC.
    Obviously. His father is one of the most gifted Centers that have ever lived. But again, I admit that I'm biased when it comes to Arvydas. He is one of my favorite players.

Panopticon

Obviously. His father is one of the most gifted Centers that have ever lived. But again, I admit that I'm biased when it comes to Arvydas. He is one of my favorite players.
    I first saw him play in 1988 against the USA. He was huge and the Americans had no answer for him. He may be the main reason the NBA now competes in the Olympics.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    Bad things that could happen this season:

- Myles Turner shows no improvement or worse, regresses
    - Lance looks like Lance Stephenson post pacers
    - Leaf shows little to no potential; plays on the mad ants
    - Sabonis shows no improvement; not good enough to start
    -We see why nobody is very high on oladipo
    -Bagdonovic proves to be a 36% 3pt shooter and nothing more
    -Thad starts looking old
    - We see why corey joseph is a career backup; shows no improvement

If a few of these things happen we could be the worst team in the league. People appear to believe just the opposite on all points. I think we would need to have all these guys play to their potential to have a shot at the playoffs. Personally I think we are expecting way too much from some of these guys.
    Turn that frown upside down and you have a smile. Pacers with the first pick in the draft select......
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Turn that frown upside down and you have a smile. Pacers with the first pick in the draft select......
    I'm on record..... if the Pacers are the worst team, Stern comes back institutes the envelope system and the Knicks get the first pick while we are stuck with the fourth.

Im on record.
    Last edited by Major Cold; 07-12-2017 at 06:50 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh man, I'm imagining a poor man's Arvydas Sabonis/Myles front court. Screw your small ball, NBA: we've got bigs!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to iogyhufi For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    Oh man, I'm imagining a poor man's Arvydas Sabonis/Myles front court. Screw your small ball, NBA: we've got bigs!
    That would be awesome but I don't expect Domantas to ever become a poor man's Arvydas. But if he can be even half the player that his father was then we're set.

Panopticon

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post: