Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

Default On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

Title is self explanatory.

I'm starting simple.

I'm listening to Bill Simmons podcast right now lol. Laughing so hard. I think Justin Holiday is a legit talent that got signed this season. I think he's the most underrated player to get signed. I think he will have a sneaky break out year. I'm on the record.

End your posts with " I'm on the record. "

Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

Oladipo and Myles both average 20 ppg, Myles makes the ASG.

Lonzo Ball has a pedestrian, at best, rookie season. Won't average 10ppg.

Russ doesn't average a triple double and PG says he needs more from his teammates.

Milwaukee earns a top 3 seed in the East.

I'm on the record.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: On The Record: Go on the record so when we second guess next year(s) we have you on the record.

Pacers Related

-Myles Turner averages 23ppg, 10rebs, and 3blks making the East All-Star team and gets votes for ALL-NBA.

-Oladipo averages 20ppg, but doesn't make the All-Star team because the Pacers can't possibly have two players on it.

-Pacers young players (Sabonis, Leaf, Anigbogu, Joseph) all play well for where they were drafted, but the team just can't close out games yet. Team is still fun to watch.

-Pacers finish with a record that nets them a top 10 pick in a draft that doesn't appear that good. They swing for the fences with a high upside pick (Isaac Bonga).

NBA Rookie Related

-De'Aaron Fox wins rookie of the year.

-Lonzo Ball averages under 10ppg, but manages 8 assists per game. Lakers fans insist he's the best player in the draft despite the facts showing otherwise.

-Ntilikina struggles (7pts, 4 assists top), Knicks fans scream.

All Rookie First Team:
    G Fox
    G Smith Jr.
    G Fultz
    F Tatum
    F Isaac

2nd Team: Ball, Jackson, Mitchell, J. Collins, J. Allen

General NBA Related

-Boston unseats Cleveland in the Conference Finals, gets swept by Golden State in the finals.

I'm on the record.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Whoo...What a year.. Guardshock's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Russ doesn't average a triple double and PG says he needs more from his teammates.

I'm on the record.
    Yep. I agree with pizza guy.

"I'm on the record."
    Indiana State University Alum. Hardcore Pacers fan. Racecar Driver in need of sponsorship.

www.jjhughesracing.com

Sports Logo

I'm on the record.
    20 PPG each? Wow....I'm quoting this, so you can't change it later, lol.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Pacers Related

Sabonis becomes the new junkyard dog player for the team. He'll have the motor of Hansbrough and the physicality of Dale Davis.

I'm going to go for the hot take....GR3 will be the best defensive player on the perimeter and will be given the tough assignments every night while average over 13 PPG. Nate is going to throw him to the fire this season.

If Indiana close to .500, KP will make a trade, so the team can make a push for the playoffs.

NBA Related

Neither GSW or CAVS will repeat as Champions.

I'm on the record.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

-Oladipo has his most productive season to date. Pacers fans miss PG but enjoy this team more.
    -Ben Simmons wins rookie of the year over Lonzo Ball and Dennis Smith, Jr. All have phenomenal seasons.
    -Ben Simmons and the 76ers become a "showtime" team and a media darling, fighting for the 5th seed.
    -Deangelo Russell averages 18/5/4 for the Nets.
    -GR3 averages double digits scoring while retaining his high percentages and becoming a reliable defender.
    -OKC exceeds expectations, fights for 3rd seed in the West.
    -Timberwolves become the official team of the resistance as a small-market team full of underrated, team-ball talents and a defensive minded coach. They are neck and neck with OKC but end up 4th.
    -Melo ends up with Lebron, somehow.

I'm on the record.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

T.J. Leaf will be so embarrassingly, unplayably bad in defense that we will not win a single game where he gets morethan 15 minutes of court-time.

Pacers will have no all-stars - Myles would make it if Centers were still in a separate category from Forwards.

We will be in playoff-hunt until about Game 80, but miss by two wins in the end. Record 37-45.

There will be countless trade rumors and scenarios for Thad Young, but in the end we will not let him go (due to ineptness of Leaf even as a back-up 4)

Curtis Joseph will be full-time starter by game 20.

Lance will not start, but averages 30 minutes and would be a solid 6th man candidate but for a tradition of always awarding it to more of a one-dimensional scorer instead of multi-faceted player.

Every PD'er will hate PG13-trade by mid-season as it becomes crystal-clear that neither Dipo nor Sabo will ever be better than average NBA players.

I'm on the record.

Lance will not start out playing point guard but he will be come playoff time.
    I'm on the record.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

15. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Lance will not start out playing point guard but he will be come playoff time.
    I'm on the record.
    So you think he is traded? Only way for him to play at playoff time

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

No rookie will be in the rotation for the Pacers without getting aided by injuries or a Thad Young trade.

We are going to win 28 games which will still be 11th in the East, over New York, Orlando, Chicago, and Atlanta.

Bogdanovic starts a majority of the games.

Giannis takes a step back and slumps for the Bucks but they still get the 4 seed and win their first series.

One of the incoming foreigners, either Bogdan or Milos, win rookie of the year.

Turner isn't an All Star but he should be.

Cory Joseph is the starting point guard from day 1.

IU fans never criticize Oladipo.

Oladipo is an all-star this year.

I'm on the record

Leaf is going to struggle his rookie year in any capacity more than just being a role player, Sabonis does well and takes most of his possible minutes at the PF position.

Lance will not be our starting point guard going into the season (or for any other reason than injuries this season).

We'll be nowhere near the playoffs as we'll be one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Probably 30ish wins.

Bam Adebayo is gonna be the big man we wish we drafted.

De'Aaron Fox wins ROTY.

Harden takes MVP.

Thaddeus Young remains on the team through the season playing primarily as our starting PF. We will also see him play center in a small ball lineup.

In the lottery, we do not jump into the top 3 and remain as the 8th pick.

I'm on the record.

Sports Logo

- The Pacers will run a Starting Frontcourt of Myles and Sabonis by the end of the season.
    - KP will be super patient and WON'T trade Thad to save and protect Salary Cap Space for the Summer of 2018.

I'm on the record.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-11-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Pacers will win fewer than 30 games this season.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Pacers gonna suck at rebounding, bigly!
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

Pacers will win less than 30 games, people will be disappointed by Oladipo, Turner will be alright, nothing to special. We will struggle to put up points and rebound. We will probably both 25th in defense and offense.

Mood

The Pacers win 35 games
    Lance Stephenson and Kevin Seraphin eat opposing benches for lunch with their pick and roll
    Oladipo averages 20 points
    The Pacers beat OKC at the Fieldhouse
    The Streak continues in to a 28th(?) season

I'm on the record

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We will be so bad rebounding, defending, and shooting that we can't close out games even when we get the lead......wait that was the last two years with ALL-Defensive player Paul George.

I am going on record:
    Ingram will look bad this year.
    Boston will look good in the season, but average in the playoffs again.
    The Spurs will finish better than the Rockets.
    The Kings will not make the playoffs.
    Anthony Davis, Cousins, Paul George, Marc Gasol, Drummond, or Deandre Jordan will be traded before the deadline.

Mood

I have a really hard time envisioning us even contending for the playoffs. Our starting lineup lacks anyone you can really depend on to put up points and our bench is far worse. Expectations are way too high for sabonis and leaf - be prepared to get nothing from either - its quite possible. Our rebounding will be awful. Our scoring will be awful. Our defense could potentially be ok.

I think they will win around 30 games after a late season run. But they will be near the bottom of the league toward the beginning.
    Lifelong pacers fan

Mood

I'm on the record.
    Also, barring any more major changes, I'm pulling for 33 wins this season. On the record.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Pacers gonna suck at rebounding, bigly!
    Who did we lose that was a difference maker on the glass?

-Cory Joseph will be our starting PG by the end of the year and will put himself in position for quite a good contract in FA

-Myles averages 17 and 8 but misses the AS game

- Oladipo has similar averages to what we saw in Orlando (16, 5, 4)

- Leaf is disappointingly unproductive

- Thad has a nice start to the year, but is traded at the deadline for a 1st

- Lance gets nominated for both the best play of the year as well as the funniest Shaqtin a fool award

-Pacers win 34 games

- PG gets an All NBA nod
    - Fox wins rookie of the year
    - Philly makes the playoffs
    - Minnesota ends up as a bit of a let down
    - Milwaukee makes a jump to 3rd in the East
    - Houston and GS go 7 games (considering Hou gets Melo)
    - Dame or McCollum gets traded

I'm on the record

Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Domantas Sabonis is going to be the starting power forward next to Myles Turner for many years and become a major Indiana Pacers fan favorite ala Jeff Foster or Dale Davis, though more skilled.

I'm on the record.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 07-11-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Milwaukee NOT Boston meets Cleveland in the ECF this year but fall short to Cavs

Twolves, Spurs and Warriors make it onto the 2nd round in WC - leaving out one of Rockets or Thunder from the 2nd round of the playoffs

Im on the record.