Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pistons player you want on the Pacers ?

Default The Pistons player you want on the Pacers ?

I am asking which Piston starter would you want to replace a current Pacers starter. If you could only make one switch what would it be.

Assume, the starting lineup is Tinsley, Jax, Artest, J.O., and I'll let you pick between Jeff or Dale.

Tinsley or Billups
    Jax or Rip
    Ron or Tay
    J.O or Sheed
    Jeff/Dale or Ben

OK, I'll throw the coaches in here

Rick or Larry

I need to think about this for a few minutes

Default Re: The Pistons player you want on the Pacers ?

Take Sheed over Dale and put him at Center.

Richard Hamilton

Billups, or maybe Rip.

Mostly, I would like to see Bender have a McDyess-like turn around with his knee troubles (whether he stays with the team or not).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Definitley Billups or Rip.

But I'm more then satisfied with Tins and Jack.

sweabs

Ben Wallace at Centre - not even a tough decision.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ben Wallace at Centre - not even a tough decision.
    Oh yeah. You're definitley right.

I didn't even look at that one

I looked for strength of character before I chose; that made the decision quite simple.

And after seeing what Chauncey Billups said about "all they've had to overcome this year," I'm not so sure how intelligent a guy like that is seeing as how their situation(s) (if you can even call them that) were miniscule in comparison to ours...

Billups.

Rasheed... the guy is just too talented.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Given our roster, Billups. Ben a close second - his play in the Finals has been stunning.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rip.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Hate to say it, but Ben in the middle would probably be the biggest upgrade for us. Personally, though, I would like Rip at the 2.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Banned

Definitely Billups.

And conversely, the player I'd LEAST want is Rasheed Wallace.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mini Reggie. . . . Rip

RIP

Well, we've said that we needed a center that can hit a 10-12 foot jump shot.

I'd take Rasheed at center, because he can not only hit the shot, he can play excellent defense and cover the boards as well. He would have been our "X" factor, just as much as he was Detroit's.

However, I think that Ben at center would also put us over the top as well.

Rip at guard would be nice, but acquiring a better SG is not nearly as important to this team as expanding the skill set at the center position.

I think replacing the center would make a much bigger difference in the success of our offense, and would work out better defensively as well.

This is a difficult question. You could make a case that any of the 5 switches would improve the Pacers. Ron is better than Tay, but we all know what Ron brings.

So the question is what switch would bring the most improvement to the Pacers chances of winning.

J.O. and Sheed are equal. Ron and Tay even with Ron's baggage is not an improvement. So we can rule out those two positions. I'd take any of the three other switches. Ben is better than Jeff and Dale, heck he's better than those two combined. But I don't know if that would really change our team. Rip is better than Jax, but not as much as Billups is over Tinsley. Has Billups ever missed a game?

Billups is the clutch player on the Pistons, he loves pressure, and I love his defense, and I love having a big point guad. He is the leader on that team, he is the spokesman So switch Bill for Tins, and I think that would imrove the pacers more than the other moves

I did not consider trading Sheed for Jeff/Dale because that is not applicable.

Mood

Ben would be the most useful, but then I'd have to burn myself.

Billups. Actually, I believe he would be equally as useful to this team.

Ben Wallace, Ben Wallace, Ben Wallace.

Sheed

I think he could solve a lot of our problems at the 4/5.

Picture he and JO on the floor disputing a messed charge.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat
    Sheed
    If that a$$-hole ever becomes a Pacers I will have to pick a new favorite team.

BabbleOn

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    I looked for strength of character before I chose; that made the decision quite simple.

And after seeing what Chauncey Billups said about "all they've had to overcome this year," I'm not so sure how intelligent a guy like that is seeing as how their situation(s) (if you can even call them that) were miniscule in comparison to ours...
    This HAS been a difficult year for the Pistons and their fans. Indiana definitely had a worse year, a tragic year. Still, that doesn't mean Detroit didn't have a hard year. Let me explain:

So many things changed from last year. For instance, it's exhausting -- just as a fan -- to have every team playing their best basketball against your team night in, night out. Suddenly, there's no such thing as an upset unless your team loses.

Plus, the Pistons didn't look hungry for months. It's understandable, they barely had any time off. When the season started, it was hard to get excited. You're still thinking about last year and the great triumph it was, when suddenly there's a new mountain to climb, only this one's more challenging. And without the thrill of the playoffs - the Finals, specifically - November games just don't mean anything. Add to that a cast of new teammates and an emptiness where Corliss and Memo and Mike James used to sit (let alone Mike Woodson and Herb Brown).

And the league changed so much and so fast. Shaq in Miami, TMac down in Houston, the New Super Phoenix. Former foes were vanquished (Lakers, Nets). It was disorienting.

The defensive rules changed. It felt like they weren't allowed to do anything they did the year before. Constant whistles. Teams were getting 100 points frequently. It felt like the league offices were handcuffing us, because who wants a boring champion?

Larry Brown came into the season as an Olympic failure, which seemed to steal some of his vitality. Then he went in for surgery. We started losing. Gar Heard looked afraid. We all felt frustrated.

Ben's brother died. He took a leave, and we lost some more. When he returned, he seemed sad and unfocused.

Then our main rival came to town for the first time. They laid a great game on us, devastating an already frustrated team. Ben pushed Ron. Ron laid down. Someone threw a cup. Etc.

After that, something was clearly missing. Larry started bad mouthing everything. The Pistons seemed reluctant to play with heart. In the blink of an eye, they went from being America's Underdog to "Everything that's wrong with the NBA." It affected the team's psyche, even though Ben was the only Piston who did anything wrong.

And another thing, the Pistons developed a very bad habit: they started spotting their opponents 20 point leads halfway through a game. What followed was almost a nightly chase during the 3rd and 4th quarters. It got to the point where a 20 point deficit didn't seem so deep a hole. If that's not an indication that something wasn't right in their brains....

Larry started talking about New York. And he said his health wasnít good enough. Rumors said he was losing his team.

Meanwhile, the youngsters were running away with the game. The Suns, Heat, Bulls, Cavs, so forth, were becoming the darlings of the league.

But hereís the biggest thing of all. No matter what they say, Iím telling you that the Pistons have been grappling since last June over whether they truly are champions, or if they are just the fluke team that happened to catch LA and Indiana and New Jersey at just the right times. Losing twice to the Bobcats, once to the Hawks, losing in Phoenix and Seattle, losing twice at home to Indiana, on and on, itís been at the back of their minds, if only subconsciously.

And now, after being down three series in a row, to have one last chance to prove our worth, we can all look back and remember what a long, hard year it has been.

3ptmiller

Ben Wallace!

Nice synopsis, BabbleOn.