Thread: Milwaukee Bucks fire Terry Porter

sweabs

Default Milwaukee Bucks fire Terry Porter

gf
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Milwaukee Bucks fire Terry Porter

What a stupid-*** decision. Porter was one of the best young coaches in the game. This ranks right up there with letting McMillan walk.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

sweabs

h
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 05:41 PM.

I don't get this move.

The Bucks were without there starting point guard, and still had no big men worth mentioning, but this is Porter's fault? They won 41 games in his first year and 30 in his second, add T.J. Ford and a solid big men and I think Porter would still be the coach.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I think the Bucks knew they were not keeping Porter around after the season so they decided to do what Denver didn't do, which costed them the season, overall.

Porter will go to Portland, and McMillan will go to Milwaukee I would figure or else this makes no sense. This seems to be similar to what the Pacers did before hiring Carlisle, it just seems really weird to do this days before the draft.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanInAZ
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I think the Bucks knew they were not keeping Porter around after the season so they decided to do what Denver didn't do, which costed them the season, overall.

Porter will go to Portland, and McMillan will go to Milwaukee I would figure or else this makes no sense. This seems to be similar to what the Pacers did before hiring Carlisle, it just seems really weird to do this days before the draft.
    See I don't get why McMillan would want to go to Milwaukee. Especially if the Sonics are able to re-sign Ray Allen. They have a good nucleus there with Ray, Luke, Nick Collison, Rashrad Lewis, and Vladimar Radmonovic.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See I don't get why McMillan would want to go to Milwaukee. Especially if the Sonics are able to re-sign Ray Allen. They have a good nucleus there with Ray, Luke, Nick Collison, Rashrad Lewis, and Vladimar Radmonovic.
    Cause I don't see them re-signing Ray Allen. Seattle seems to be real cheap now as they refused to lock up Ray during the season and they refused to lock up McMillan either.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Milwaukee has to be the dumbest franchise on the planet.... (except for maybe the Clippers, but their brand for chandler deal was good)

I don't get this move at all, they must know something we don't.

foretaz

i cant see mcmillan going to milwaukee...

and i dont think the bucks need porter for the draft...

if mcmillan does leave seattle, and it does seem unlikely....it would be either for detroit or portland...

if mcmillan stays in seattle or goes to detroit, porter could very well go to portland....if mcmillan leaves for portland, porter could go to seattle...

you cant help but think milwaukee will be about last on the coaching carousel....

well...theres always the knicks to possibly save them from being last...possibly...

Mood

What a surprising, dumb move by Milwaukee. They better get a big name or they'll look like fools.

Porter deserves better than Milwaukee. Problem is, after how Portland treated Cheeks, I doubt that's a better situation.

As we talked about last week, the Bucks are at the bottom looking up at one killer division. I find it hard to believe one of the top coaches will take that job, regardless of the 1st pick.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chad Ford is saying that the Bucks have a tenative deal in place with Flip Saunders to be the Bucks coach. Not sure if that's the smartest decision with Larry Brown's future uncertain.