Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 425

Thread: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

  1. #51
    Member Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,884

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Was really happy to see this. I liked the earlier rumors of getting Joseph for a 2nd round pick, liked the rumors of sign-and-trading CJ Miles for the OKC pick from Minnesota, and assumed both deals were dead after we signed Collison and the Wolves signed Jamal Crawford. Seeing them come together like this is pretty cool.

    I'm not very familiar with Joseph, but he has a good reputation and was a former Spur PG, and I had originally assumed he would be our starting point guard before DC came back. Now I'm not sure. Very happy to hear he's a good defender, though.

    In fact, that defense is why I'd prefer him to start. Oladipo may be short, but VO has a 6'9" wingspan and can play defense, and pairing him with Joseph could make for a nice combo of guards who are quick and long and could be a real pest together.

    For a 'surprise rebuild', I'm pretty intrigued by the roster that's coming together, especially with most of the contracts only being 1-2 years long.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not. Looking at the contracts that have been signed this off season, this seems about right
    Most teams came to their senses this offseason.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Member Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,884

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Joseph will end up signing long term and DC will be let go next summer.
    I wonder if Joseph will be a restricted free agent if he opts out next summer?

  6. #54
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,495

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damnit, this is a good trade.

    Guess we’re not rebuilding.
    I think we are rebuilding--just not bottoming out to do so.

  7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,285
    Mood

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    I'm not against seeing DC, CoJo and Dipo all playing at times, yes they are small, but they are all quick, fast and disruptive. Can lead to some exciting play against the right opposing line ups.
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    DONCIC 2018 PacersHomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,906

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    We are in the East. Not bottoming out means you're a playoff team.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  12. #57

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    This is a very interesting pickup. I like the trade in principle because he fits what Pritchard's obvious criteria is: young player who hasn't had the opportunity to show his full potential yet.

    I'm not sure what he can be, but he shot 50% overall when he was the starter last season, and he's killed the Pacers before. Playing with Lance, he doesn't need to be a huge assists guy. My concern is that nightclub the night before a playoff game thing. We don't want dumbasses on the team.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  14. #58
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,825

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    I remember him killing us in that Raptors playoff series two years ago off the bench.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  16. #59
    DONCIC 2018 PacersHomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,906

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Rebuilding is poiness without bottoming out.

  17. #60
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sad the tank isn't happening but I'm excited for all of the cap space in a couple of years.
    Cap Space sounds interesting. What's his three-point percentage? Can he defend better than Assets?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  19. #61
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,495

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Btw--I like what Toronto is doing this offseason. They could have blown it up after getting manhandled by the Cavs and most of their key guys outside of DDR being free agents, but they have stuck to their guns in the weak East, and added some nice pieces. If LeBron flees for Lakerland next summer, the path to the Finals is embarrassingly easy in the East.

  20. #62
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    39,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Pacers went from defensive guys like Teague and Ellis to Joseph and Oladipo. I know we lost PG, but Pritch is def buffing the defense.



  21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  22. #63
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,285
    Mood

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rebuilding is poiness without bottoming out.
    I wouldn't say that, KP is getting quality young guys on solid short term contracts, which creates great trade chips. Solid assets we have here.
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  24. #64
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sources: Toronto-Indiana deal is agreed in principle. Miles will sign a 3-year, approximately $25M deal with Raptors, with player option.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 9, 2017


    That's not a bad contract. Looks like both teams win with this trade.
    That's an excellent deal for CJ. Toronto's made some solid moves this offseason.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  26. #65
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,822

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Well, that's interesting.

    Let's start with the obvious. This is a great deal for both teams. CJ Miles wasn't part of our future plans so moving him for a young guard like CoJo is absolutely perfect for us. The Raptors desperately needed some shooting and CJ can provide that. So, it's a win-win.

    Now about what CoJo's addition means for our plans. Honestly, this is the first move we've made this off-season that can affect our W/L ratio in a positive manner. This is the first sign that we may be leaning closer to a retool than a rebuild. Personally, I'd prefer it if we went the rebuild route but since CoJo is only 25 years old (same age as Lance) I'm pleased with the move.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  28. #66
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    34,834

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Joseph is freaking nice people
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  29. #67
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,256

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's an excellent deal for CJ. Toronto's made some solid moves this offseason.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I disagree. They lost their bench pieces (Tucker, Patterson, Joseph all gone). I also thought they overpaid for Ibaka.

    Their rotation should be interesting

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  31. #68
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    39,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    I don't think Toronto's ceiling has changed at all.

    Of all the East teams they have been one of my least favorites. This is their best move so far and even then they had to give up a good asset to do it.



  32. #69
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,285
    Mood

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Last I checked Toronto kept their core together and that's the best thing they could've done.
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  33. #70
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,495

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    I still think we have another move left in us for a rotation guy, and a few other minor moves for filling out the roster.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  35. #71
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,825

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    We get a nice young player, and it doesn't hurt our salary cap plans at all for a veteran piece who really didn't make much sense here anymore. It's hard not to like.

    Pacers aren't bottoming out, but looking to be competitive and it's possible they could push for a lower playoff spot. Their improved depth is impressive if nothing else.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  37. #72
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,822

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rebuilding is poiness without bottoming out.
    No, not really. Rebuilding doesn't necessarily involve bottoming out. Rebuilding is about collecting young players and giving them all the playing time that their bodies can handle without caring about how that affects your W/L percentage. This means that you should be fine with whatever result these players can get you which can include everything from bottoming out to making the playoffs. That's what rebuilding is.

    Intentionally trying to lose isn't rebuilding. That's tanking. There's a difference between the two. Rebuilding doesn't care about your W/L percentage. Tanking does.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  39. #73

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think we have another move left in us for a rotation guy, and a few other minor moves for filling out the roster.
    I think the only moves to make now are getting rid of players for picks and playing time (Joe Young for a future 2nd rounder or... idk, anything? And Thad for a future 1st). You add another position player and who are you taking time from? And to what purpose?

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  41. #74
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,664

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Joseph has two years left on his deal.

    I haven't understood a lot of what Pritchard has done this offseason, but it seems clear that he doesn't want to commit to many people more than two years out. I think Dipo is the only one currently locked in for longer than that.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cory Joseph has a Player Option that he will surely take in 2018-2019. My hope is that he is re-signed.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

  42. #75
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,495

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cory Joseph for CJ Miles being finalized

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the only moves to make now are getting rid of players for picks and playing time (Joe Young for a future 2nd rounder or... idk, anything? And Thad for a future 1st). You add another position player and who are you taking time from? And to what purpose?
    I think we could use another guy on the wing with size. I think Thad is expendable but we will probably roll into training camp with him on the roster still. We will be a constant work in progress until we have guys who we see as foundational pieces at their positions. If I had to guess, I'd say the Pacers definitely consider Myles and Dipo to be those guys at the 5 and 2.

  43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •