Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you guys think of this trade?

Default Re: What do you guys think of this trade?

I thought Brad and JO were a great combo offensively, I really loved some of the passes Brad would whip around to Jermaine.

If Brad had been a great defender, I'd be incredibly upset that he is gone. He wasn't though, so it doesn't bother me quite as much.

Besides, David will make us forget all about Brad in a few years.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whenever you talk about this you only use one side of the argument.

You have to have a combo of strength & speed to play the center spot. Whenever you mention this & then talk about the Pistons you always talk about what great speed they have but then never state that both Wallace's are extremly strong as well. Not to mention that Ben Wallace has very explosive leaping ability.

Speed without strength equals Mikki Moore. Is that your ideal of a center?

I think you know what I mean.

Smits, Yao, Z, No.

Dale davis, Antonio Davis, the Wallace's yes.

Sure the stronger the better, but I want someone who can do the things ben does on defense, or Sheed does, or dare I say Jeff does

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I thought Brad and JO were a great combo offensively, I really loved some of the passes Brad would whip around to Jermaine.

If Brad had been a great defender, I'd be incredibly upset that he is gone. He wasn't though, so it doesn't bother me quite as much.

Besides, David will make us forget all about Brad in a few years.

why? u expecting harrison to be traded as well?

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    It probably is, but we'd be laughed at by everyone, not to mention we lose way too many games.
    u know....u might be on to something here....revolutionize the game...with all our depth we saw what basically our reserves could do last year....they basically got us into the playoffs...and given the recent lack of importance the home court has seemed to have made well....

so play strictly the reserves till the all star break...they get tons of ingame experience and will be much more prepared for the late season run and playoffs....if theyre banged up they have time to heal....

the starters play starting the all star break...theyre fresh and should be much more fresh than the rest of the league for the playoffs....they should be able to go on quite a roll after the all star break developing all kinds of momentum going into the playoffs....

our overall record would be worse than normal ensuring a better draft pick for the upcoming draft....but with our momentum and experienced bench, not to mention our fresher legs, we should perform quite well in the playoffs....

now the nba on the other hand might have a huge problem with this...as fans would have a strong problem with this, probably at home and in visiting arenas...but hey...if it works...and could be turned into an advantage....after what the nba did to the pacers last year, i say screwem...serves em right...

god, i hate the offseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    A few days ago I heard Larry Brown talk about the virtue in having quick, mobile and athletic big men. He really made a strong case. Saying that with the new rules and the way the game has changed over the past 5 years, you need athletic big guys. In fact if you've ever watched the Pistons play, I think it is rather obvious. Unless you have Shaq (who is pretty quick and athletic himself) you need quickness at the big positions.

Brad just does not fit the bill
    San Antonio's and Detroit's bigs are not lightning quick like Stoudameire. Ben Wallace is but he does not do much with that quickness on offense. You can still win in this league with a fundamentally sound center, speaking of which .......

Brad is an incredibly fundamentally sound basket ball player. He is a very good passer. The last two years, against the Pistons we have missed a center who can knock down a 15-18 feet jump shot and is a good passer. (Jeff Foster and Dale Davis are one dimensional and are not as good as Ben Wallace). Brad would have pulled Ben or Rasheed out of the post allowing our wing men and point guard to drive and score or dish.

$63 million dollars for a center who can average 14 and 9 is not at all expensive. I do not question Donnie for signing Bender but not signing Brad was a colossal mistake. He could easily have traded Brad in 2 or 3 years to another team who is on the cusp of making a run and needs a center. In the NBA there will always be suckers for centers around the trading deadline.