Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 102

Thread: This team is tough not to get behind

  1. #76
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,300

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather tank. We have put together a team with some decent pieces but still lack anyone that can be a true first or second offensive option on a contending team. It can be hard to nab that guy outaide of the top 10 in the draft.

    But you've gotta love the cap management that KP has the team set up with in the near future. Hopefully we can make good acquisitions with that money. If so, then maybe we can obtain that scorer without having an optimal draft slot
    I disagree. Our ECF teams (especially the first year) didn't have a player that would crack the top three at say a Golden State or Cleveland, but they were good players that played with a high level of effort. If we're lucky we are putting together that sort of core right now while also managing future cap space that could possibly allow us to sign the DWest sort of player that can make us really competitive.
    Danger Zone

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,787

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Does running a lineup that accomplishes the below objectives considered "Tanking" ( EVEN it is not considered the best lineup that we can put on the floor AND....as a result....lose games )?

    - Dipo/Lance/Myles/Leaf/Sabonis/CoJo develop Team chemistry
    - Leaf and Sabonis gets consistent backup minutes by the end of the season
    - This Team actually plays defense
    - This Team actually plays hard and gives actual effort night in and night out

    It's a little bit in between "Tanking" and "making a push for the Playoffs" type approach.

    I suspect that by doing this....we will lose more games than we win......( which is good for tanking )...but also means that we are going to strive to "Win Games" as opposed to "Lose Games on purpose" ( a la the Sixers and Nets ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

  4. #78
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,923

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fun question: We've talked about who among center legends Myles could train with, but what about Lance? In terms of mentoring and pattern-his-game-after qualities, what point-guard legend would you love to see Lance spend time with this summer to hone his manage-the-offense and pass-versus-shoot skills?
    Magic Johnson. But I don't think that's gonna happen.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference


  5. #79
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,084

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Magic Johnson. But I don't think that's gonna happen.
    Lance is really a unique player given his body type, strength, and skill set. He's not quite a point guard. He's not quite a shooting guard. He's not quite a small forward. Literally, Lance is at his best when dapples in all the positions during the game, but he's not exclusively playing that position for the game. Also, he's important to the defensive and offensive schemes, but he should never the focal point of either.

    Maybe John Starks? Damn...I'm really racking my brain to come up with a better player.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  6. #80

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    This team wont full on tank. They could have if they didnt sign Bojan and Darren. They were on their way. But considering how bad the East is now. The Pacers are going to power themselves to a 8 or 7 seed now. And honestly i'm not sure they are done. I think Thad gets moved and i'm not sold Rajon Rondo is out of the question atm. Lances is a moveable piece up and down the lineup from 1-3 position. I really dont know what we'll do here. I think Kevin truly believes Myles Turner is about to make a serious jump and stat wise, there is no reason to think not. So It's interesting to see what he does. I dont get the feeling he's done at all. Thad has to go or take a backseat in my opinion. Leaf and Sabonis need to log minutes in this league to get better.

  7. #81

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Leaf has to be in the rotation. He has to. He's too good on offense. He's a matchup issue at the 4 for sure. He spreads the floor. We gotta find rebounding somewhere. Leaf wont specialize in defense at all, but he needs to get the feel for what he's in for. Leaf needs to be the first guy off the bench even if it's at a 3 spot. He can play the 3. I've watched enough video to see he can play the 3 and create problems. Defensively, he's a problem, but we're about to give a lot of points up this season boys. That's something everyone has to realize. We're going to play a lot of games in the 105's 110's type area. Unless we get some defensive perimeter guy.

    The one issue i kinda had and i dont know the logistics of it at all, but i wish we could have some how got Roberson in this PG deal. He's 2nd or 3rd best perimeter defensive guy in the league.

  8. #82
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,084

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Listening to a podcast today...

    I really wish people would stop treating Nate like he NEVER coached a winning team before.

    Random Thought: It's easy to suggest tanking when all you have to do is turn off your TV and go do something else. All you invested was 10-15 minutes of your time, and a little bit of electricity. What about those people who actually want to see a live NBA game?


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  10. #83

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listening to a podcast today...

    I really wish people would stop treating Nate like he NEVER coached a winning team before.

    Random Thought: It's easy to suggest tanking when all you have to do is turn off your TV and go do something else. All you invested was 10-15 minutes of your time, and a little bit of electricity. What about those people who actually want to see a live NBA game?
    It's not that he hasn't coached a winning team, but his teams have never over-achieved. You anticipate they will get 40 wins, they will get 40 wins. He is basically the most average coach there is. Also what podcast?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  12. #84

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Our ECF teams (especially the first year) didn't have a player that would crack the top three at say a Golden State or Cleveland, but they were good players that played with a high level of effort. If we're lucky we are putting together that sort of core right now while also managing future cap space that could possibly allow us to sign the DWest sort of player that can make us really competitive.
    Umm PG ? Ya PG isn't better than KD, Lebron, or Curry, but he is pretty much the next best player after that.

  13. #85

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Umm PG ? Ya PG isn't better than KD, Lebron, or Curry, but he is pretty much the next best player after that.
    We were still really good in 12-13 when PG was averaging 17 per game.

  14. #86
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,300

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Umm PG ? Ya PG isn't better than KD, Lebron, or Curry, but he is pretty much the next best player after that.
    hell no he wasn't.
    Danger Zone

  15. #87
    trifectasauces.com CJ Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,358

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hell no he wasn't.
    He's better than Klay and Irving.

  16. #88
    trifectasauces.com CJ Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,358

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's better than Klay and Irving.
    Edit: misread. Probably was better than Love though

  17. #89

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hell no he wasn't.

    Okay, that's why the cavs weren't trying to get PG.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  19. #90
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,398

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Our ECF teams (especially the first year) didn't have a player that would crack the top three at say a Golden State or Cleveland, but they were good players that played with a high level of effort. If we're lucky we are putting together that sort of core right now while also managing future cap space that could possibly allow us to sign the DWest sort of player that can make us really competitive.
    Don't let your disdain for Paul underrate his talent. Make no mistake, he's very very very good. He's better than pretty much everyone outside of KD and Bron.

    My opinion Of Curry is lower than pretty much
    lower than everyone else, but he's better than Paul also(though his individual defense is nonexistent).

    But after that, Paul is clearly better than everyone else on both teams. Thats why Cleveland was going for him so hard

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  21. #91
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,084

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not that he hasn't coached a winning team, but his teams have never over-achieved. You anticipate they will get 40 wins, they will get 40 wins. He is basically the most average coach there is. Also what podcast?
    3 50+ winning seasons in the Western Conference is a bad thing????


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  22. #92

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 50+ winning seasons in the Western Conference is a bad thing????
    That didn't get them anything though, they didn't get past the second round and they were projected to win 50 games. With all the talent he had, he really underachieved.

  23. #93
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,084

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That didn't get them anything though, they didn't get past the second round and they were projected to win 50 games. With all the talent he had, he really underachieved.
    We're really going to dismiss 50 win season in the Western Conference and getting to the second round like any person off the street can do it? Doc Rivers has done that for the past 3 seasons with arguably better talent. So, if Indiana hired Doc Rivers are you going support that, or are you going to be "meh"?

    To me, Nate is a capable coach, and I think he's going to be much more successful with a team he help constructed. Not that it matters. If Nate coached this team to 40+ wins, I bet there will be a ton of people whining about getting a low draft pick, because their heart was set on what they hoped to be a bad season.

    This has got to be the only forum where members will cheer on the coach for being bad and want him replaced after the high draft pick, but will crucify the same coach for having a good season.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  24. #94

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    The only player I have hope for is Myles Turner.

    The rest of our assets are meh.

    I really wish we could just tank this year and get the #1 overall pick.

    Drafting Michael Porter Jr. would propel us in the future as a top team.

  25. #95

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're really going to dismiss 50 win season in the Western Conference and getting to the second round like any person off the street can do it? Doc Rivers has done that for the past 3 seasons with arguably better talent. So, if Indiana hired Doc Rivers are you going support that, or are you going to be "meh"?

    To me, Nate is a capable coach, and I think he's going to be much more successful with a team he help constructed. Not that it matters. If Nate coached this team to 40+ wins, I bet there will be a ton of people whining about getting a low draft pick, because their heart was set on what they hoped to be a bad season.

    This has got to be the only forum where members will cheer on the coach for being bad and want him replaced after the high draft pick, but will crucify the same coach for having a good season.
    I wouldn't support Doc Rivers either, he has been a bust ever since he won that championship, and that's mostly because he had 3 HoF as well as playoff Rondo. Nate McMillian is like the Mark Jackson, Vin Del Negro. He's alright, nothing special, if you want to win a championship you aren't doing it with him. Also double checked, those Portland teams as well as they did in the regular season, never made it past the first round. So Nate McMillian has never been past the first round in the playoffs.

  26. #96
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,300

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, that's why the cavs weren't trying to get PG.
    They didn't give a **** about PG 4 years ago, which is what we are talking about. Who give's a rat's *** about PG now? Not relevant to the conversation.
    Danger Zone

  27. #97
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,300

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't let your disdain for Paul underrate his talent. Make no mistake, he's very very very good. He's better than pretty much everyone outside of KD and Bron.

    My opinion Of Curry is lower than pretty much
    lower than everyone else, but he's better than Paul also(though his individual defense is nonexistent).

    But after that, Paul is clearly better than everyone else on both teams. Thats why Cleveland was going for him so hard
    Read what you quoted from me. I wasn't talking about PG now, I was talking about PG from the ECF teams, when he was just developing into an All Star.

    "Our ECF teams (especially the first year) didn't have a player that would crack the top three at say a Golden State or Cleveland, but they were good players that played with a high level of effort"

    Remember, PG was 30th in points per game that year, and would have had a hard time cracking a list of top 30 players. He was an All star for the first time. As a shooting guard.
    Last edited by Rogco; 07-11-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    Danger Zone

  28. #98
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,398

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read what you quoted from me. I wasn't talking about PG now, I was talking about PG from the ECF teams, when he was just developing into an All Star.

    "Our ECF teams (especially the first year) didn't have a player that would crack the top three at say a Golden State or Cleveland, but they were good players that played with a high level of effort"
    Ahh gotcha. My idea still remains, I think he was probably better than most of these other guys at that point as well.

    At worse he was at Klay's level at that point

  29. #99
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,877

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really wish people would stop treating Nate like he NEVER coached a winning team before.
    Nate has coached some good RS teams but in the playoffs his teams never made any noise. He has only gotten out of the first round once.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  30. #100

    Default Re: This team is tough not to get behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't let your disdain for Paul underrate his talent. Make no mistake, he's very very very good. He's better than pretty much everyone outside of KD and Bron.

    My opinion Of Curry is lower than pretty much
    lower than everyone else, but he's better than Paul also(though his individual defense is nonexistent).

    But after that, Paul is clearly better than everyone else on both teams. Thats why Cleveland was going for him so hard
    I would suggest not to let PG's level of talent completely overshadow his 'Me First' attitude. Paul had some chances to step into voids for the Pacers and always seem to choose his desires over what the team needed. Remember the PF incident? That's when Bird should have traded him for a ham sandwich, in my opinion. Players who put the teams needs first are my favorite types, so I will probably never be a "Star" lover. That said, I am beginning to appreciate LeBron more all the time because he gives the Cavs what they need at all times.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •