Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pritchard on JMV show. Celtics never made an offer - pure fabrication, if they offered what was reported, we take it

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pritchard on JMV show. Celtics never made an offer - pure fabrication, if they offered what was reported, we take it

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By max I mean 30mil plus (30% of team payroll).
    By definition, a max contract is the maximum salary a player can earn under the rules of the salary cap. The 30 million+ max is like a 10 year+ service record in the league.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pritchard on JMV show. Celtics never made an offer - pure fabrication, if they offered what was reported, we take it

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Another hot take, Hayward is not worth max money, good guy and player but he is 3rd wheel (at best) on a championship team.
    When I look at what Solomon Hill is making, Hayward is worth the max.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wish they would just get rid of max contracts. Let the max be 100% of the salary cap.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Here are my take aways from the interview:

- I like that this particular President of Basketball Operations RECOGNIZES that Team Chemistry is important.
    - Wants an athletic, high motor, unselfish, energetic and hard working team ( aka "flyers" )
    - Importance of Team work
    - like Lance and Dipo's confidence and swagger
    - Sounds like KP wants to keep Lance for the long term
    - Looks at Donatas as a janitor type of "do the dirty work" type of guy that adds toughness and does the "little things"
    - You have to wonder if the unselfish comment has anything to do with the "Selfish" comments by Hibbert
    - Anyone else get the sense that some of these questions from JMV seems planted by KP? some of the answers about PG13 seemed like JMV was leading KP to provide a certain response.
    - Recognizes the importance of Cap Space for next season and is negotiating contracts to give us flexibility to make moves next summer
    He was feed the questions that they agreed upon. It was the easiest way to broadcast his position.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pta For This Useful Post:

That interview was gold. I know it's KP's job to say whatever makes the organization look as good as possible and damnit I'm sold!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I suspect Paul had an 11th hour change of heart, told his agent first, and then his agent ran with it.

Listening to KP, it's pretty clear that even PG is unhappy with the way things transpired.
    I doubt that. He was signalling he may be leaving for a long time. That he would stay if we contend, knowing we weren't in a position to contend. Nothing magical happened that triggered his decision. The relationship has been rocky probably before he balked at playing PF.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave with the way Bird ran the franchise down hill the last couple years. But he wasn't upfront about it. He made his decision probably months ago and just needed to set his transition up the way he wanted it. To his own benefit.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pta View Post
    He was feed the questions that they agreed upon. It was the easiest way to broadcast his position.
    You really think so?

I believe KP on the Celtics thing. Boston didn't get Jimmy Butler who they were rumored to have interest in either. If they had real assets on the table for either Jimmy or Paul I'm sure they would've landed one of them.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Maybe. The thing is, Myles isn't that far away from becoming that guy, if he does at all. It's year 3. That's the year Paul started to become a star level guy (12-13 season).
    12/13 was the year we lost Danny freeing up a lot of possessions for Paul to develop into the guy. I'm sure I'm still in the minority thinking it wasn't just a coincidence that's when he really started to elevate his game, but I still think Danny's injury at least helped speed up Paul's development.

It's a different situation obviously since Myles is a big, but his usage needs to jump way up with Paul gone. He needs at minimum 15 shots per game this year. Not just jumpers either. We need to force feed him in the post as well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

You really think so?
    I think so....or at least both had an idea about what they were toing to talk about.

But honestly....I don't know how interviews like this are handled.

Do they go in totally "cold" and just "wing it" where both sides have no clue what either will talk about?

or

Do they setup some pre-interview questions and answers so that they have more of a blueprint of what they will discuss?

Thinking about it......the questions from JMV seemed like obvious questions that should be asked. KP just had responese ready that seems prepared. I mean, what other question would JMV ask when it came to the Pacers? KP was just prepared to give a well thought out answer.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-09-2017 at 01:56 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Mood

You really think so?
    This was a friendly interview. There was no sparring going on. They needed to outline and plan each point to be covered for a good finished discussion. They didn't want mistakes or surprises. They wanted to give information and tell their story. They both did a professional job.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pta For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Jmv is ok, but he is a really good interviewer. He knows how to ask questions to get people talking, and he knows when to shut up and let the people talk. Pritchard is also smart and well spoken and he had a story that he wanted to tell. I don't think anything was planned apart from the basic "we'll get you on to talk about how the PG trade went down".
    Danger Zone

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    Jmv is ok, but he is a really good interviewer. He knows how to ask questions to get people talking, and he knows when to shut up and let the people talk.
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves in interviews!

"So how did you find out about your player getting into a car accident?"
    "Well, I got a text from his agent while I was in Wal-Mart, and I......"
    "Speaking of Wal-Mart, they had some fishing rods on sale! Do you like fishing?"

The only blame Pritchard should get is the plan he presented to PG. Because it really does sound like Gallo and Holiday could've been the free agent targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Probably because KP has been here before May 1st sure he didn't have the authority then that he has now but its not as if he just started working for the Pacers either.

Which is why I don't entirely buy that the Pacers were blindsided they just chose to not face this possibility until it happened.

Yes Paul put them in a terrible position but a lot of us suspected that he was going to bolt to the Pacers(likely to LA) so how could the Pacers be oblivious?
    Responded before I could. 100 percent this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Responded before I could. 100 percent this.
    You have to pick one side of the fence. Not sure decent decisions could be made if they tried to play both sides of it. The Pacers had to commit to what they were told.

Yeah - that didn't work out, but the person to blame is solely PG (well, and his agent and the other people around him).

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pta View Post
    This was a friendly interview. There was no sparring going on. They needed to outline and plan each point to be covered for a good finished discussion. They didn't want mistakes or surprises. They wanted to give information and tell their story. They both did a professional job.
    I've never heard of a call-in interview like this where the guest pre-arranged the questions. Anyone work in radio who can chime in on this? Maybe that's how it works.

I'm not sure there needed to be any sparring, either....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Often in radio the program director or who ever contacts and schedules the guest, and the guest will discuss guidelines for the interview.

It was a great interview, but it did seem a bit contrived/rehearsed, as Pritchard didn't really have to take his time to gather his thoughts or think about the question beforehand. That could be a credit to him just being articulate on the spot, but there really weren't any pauses there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    It was a great interview, but it did seem a bit contrived/rehearsed, as Pritchard didn't really have to take his time to gather his thoughts or think about the question beforehand. That could be a credit to him just being articulate on the spot, but there really weren't any pauses there.
    Imagine holding this all in and reading all the negative press. I've been there with things like that in life....so when the common questions come up (which are always in direct line with all the b.s. the press is spewing) you're going to be ready to destroy all the lies because this is your opportunity to finally do so without going on a trump Twitter rant

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

If the Boston stuff was not true, what was the Woj tweets during the draft about that said the talks were gaining momentum. I know it doesn't matter now, but that had to be coming from somewhere.

Two separate things.

Boston/Indiana had talks during the draft that stalled.

Then we probably went to Boston with our 'ask' (probably the same one that stalled draft talks) and Boston refused to make an offer by our deadline.