Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pritchard on JMV show. Celtics never made an offer - pure fabrication, if they offered what was reported, we take it

Default Pritchard on JMV show. Celtics never made an offer - pure fabrication, if they offered what was reported, we take it

Call Pritchard a liar if you want, but this is wow, must listen. I don't start thread much anymore, but I felt this needs its own thread.

Wow - if I am understanding what Pritch is saying, he was never told by PG or by his agent, but he found out the same way we did. what. Pritch said he learned from indirect source. He told PG that herb was going to spend big this season, a couple of big free agents, and thought PG was on board. wow. So PG or his agent never told the Pacers he was not going to re-sign.

Made it clear what Pacers wanted, and went back to every team and the team everyone thought made us an offer, never did. (he didn't say Celtics, but that is who he is talking about) Celtics complete fabrications, if they offered what was reported, we would have done it. Saying pretty much Celtics were lying to plant stories.

Need to listen

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/ride...ture-franchise
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-07-2017 at 05:58 PM.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Pritchard on JMV show. Celtics never made an offer - pure fabrication, if they offered what was reported, we take it

Kind of sounds like Hayward was never in the plans

Default Re: Pritchard on JMV show. Celtics never made an offer - pure fabrication, if they offered what was reported, we take it

Loved it when he said cap space the past two years sucked. But the next two summers it is important. That is true and Pacers will be in excellent shape salary cap wise.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-07-2017 at 05:59 PM.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty scummy Paul

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of sounds like Hayward was never in the plans
    Is that what you took away from this?

Sounds like he definitely could have been. You have the comment of how much we were going to spend again.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Interesting, but I'm over the whole PG thing. I never liked the Celtics and still don't. Not surprised at all that they'd put out misinformation.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Pritchard on JMV show. Celtics never made an offer - pure fabrication, if they offered what was reported, we take it

It seems like Paul possibly wanted to get the ball rolling with an Indiana exit and took bad advice from his agent on how to do it. I could buy in to the idea that Paul meant well but messed it up. That sounds like 95% of the interviews I've heard him in.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to funnyguy1105 For This Useful Post:

Yep, **** you Paul.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Call Pritchard a liar if you want, but this is wow, must listen. I don't start thread much anymore, but I felt this needs its own thread.

Wow - if I am understanding what Pritch is saying, he was never told by PG or by his agent, but he found out the same way we did. what. Pritch said he learned from indirect source. He told PG that herb was going to spend big this season, a couple of big free agents, and thought PG was on board. wow. So PG or his agent never told the Pacers he was not going to re-sign.

Made it clear what Pacers wanted, and went back to every team and the team everyone thought made us an offer, never did. (he didn't say Celtics, but that is who he is talking about) Celtics complete fabrications, if they offered what was reported, we would have done it. Saying pretty much Celtics were lying to plant stories.

Need to listen

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/ride...ture-franchise
    Do you know if KP said that he heard through indirect sources that PG was going to leave and sign with the Lakers BEFORE or AFTER KP told PG13 of what the Pacers were going to do ( go after Big FA, spending more $$, etc. )?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I suspect it will be awhile before we make any deals with Boston

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

Sounds like he definitely could have been. You have the comment of how much we were going to spend again.

Gallo (20mil) and Jrue (20/25mil) Hayward at 30 was not possible. (needed a PG)
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

Well, to be fair......it could have been Hayward......or it could have been Jrue and Gallo....we don't really know.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

KP is determined to come out of this thing looking like a victim. Dude is legitimately bitter.

I love the passion and the honesty. I wish he'd really open up and talk about what FA he was looking at. Curious to see if the originally reported Gallo and Holiday aspirations were real.

Edit: obviously he can't talk about other teams players. Lol I'm just curious what the original plan is
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 07-07-2017 at 06:20 PM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Gallo (20mil) and Jrue (20/25mil) Hayward at 30 was not possible. (needed a PG)
    Not necessarily if they were willing to go into luxury tax, as well waive Monta like they did. Could also waive Al Jefferson for more. They would have had just enough.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Paul George is my least favorite Pacer ever. His immaturity hurt our franchise. He doesn't love Indiana, and his actions eclipse his words. I will buy my first ticket since 2013 to boo him. I'm glad he is gone.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Sabonis has gotten a lot of mileage out of being the token starter on that 47 win Russy show last year.

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

It's kinda nice to hear how they handle trades behind the scenes.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

I'm in the stage of grief where I'm starting to talk myself into all this stuff. I love the NBA.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Also KP was not ambitious enough for PG to say OK, he was pretty much telling him the same thing the guys at game of zones were joking about, "we are going to be 4th seed or maybe 5th and we are going to be in the middle on offense and defense, LETS DO THIS!!!" Paul George was like "trade me now".
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Speaking a random thought...

The Boston thing might have some truth. I can't be the only one who feels this, but it felt so odd how Woj was soooooooooooooooooo off about the Indiana/Boston talks.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Speaking a random thought...

The Boston thing might have some truth. I can't be the only one who feels this, but it felt so odd how Woj was soooooooooooooooooo off about the Indiana/Boston talks.
    Woj reported what he was told. I don't think it's very difficult to see that Boston was feeding the narrative and using the media to shape the public reaction and obtain leverage. Woj's source in that stuff was almost certainly someone in the Celtics camp.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Also KP was not ambitious enough for PG to say OK, he was pretty much telling him the same thing the guys at game of zones were joking about, "we are going to be 4th seed or maybe 5th and we are going to be in the middle on offense and defense, LETS DO THIS!!!" Paul George was like "trade me now".
    Are we listening to the same audio file? KP came off to me that they were planning to create a good mix of a young/vet team. Honestly, he's showing it now. Just imagine if KP didn't have to deal with the George Paul drama.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Woj reported what he was told. I don't think it's very difficult to see that Boston was feeding the narrative and using the media to shape the public reaction and obtain leverage. Woj's source in that stuff was almost certainly someone in the Celtics camp.
    I know I said this before, but it sounds like Woj definitely needs a new Celtic source. In a way, those type of things could begin to affect his credibility.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Not necessarily if they were willing to go into luxury tax, as well waive Monta like they did. Could also waive Al Jefferson for more. They would have had just enough.
    Let's be clear about this....for Non-Pacer Free Agents........there is no such thing as spending into the LT. The Pacers could not offer anyone beyond the amount of Salary Cap space that we had. Prior to the PG13 situation......we could had about $26 mil to spend to make a run at either Gallo or Jrue....but not both....much less Hayward. We can only go into the LT for Pacer FAs....not non-Pacer Free Agents ( as in CJ or Lavoy ).

We could do a S&T to try to acquire one of them.........but at most....we would have had our 1st round pick from this year and future to dangle as sweetner for whatever team to accept such a S&T.....which realistically isn't that much of a sweetner.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Are we listening to the same audio file? KP came off to me that they were planning to create a good mix of a young/vet team. Honestly, he's showing it now. Just imagine if KP didn't have to deal with the George Paul drama.
    He also said they were pretty much aiming for 4th place.