Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 294

Thread: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    5,700

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    This almost needs its own thread.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,162

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm all alone on my CJ molehill
    I'm ok with bringing CJ back as long as we a point that can pass. (not going to let that dream go plus Pritch didn't say DC is the starter yet )
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,787

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugh, CJ Miles might come back, per Agness.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    10,427
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another guy in his late 20's. Nope, **** it, I'm out boys. I tried to quit the Pacers last season, this one is going to stick. Just can't keep putting emotional energy toward a team with no present and no future.
    the 2 years while we wait. This line of thinking is bonkers. Why didn't you do us a favor and quit when JOB was coach like the others.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,162

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    I guess my dream is still alive:


    Bledsoe, Dipo, Bog(instead of Gallo), Thad, Myles
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  10. #56
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,084

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm all alone on my CJ molehill
    Nah...I like CJ Miles. Laid back dude, well-spoken, good with reporters. From what I heard in podcasts, CJ Miles is one of the better media friendly players. Besides, one of his hot streak shooting might come in handy for a game or two.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  12. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    So this dude is a good shooter at 36%, Oladipo is a terrible shooter at 36%, and CJ is a streaky shooter at 41%?!?

    This is normal for PD though, hate the Pacers players while building up the other team's. I don't understand why we didn't just keep CJ, good dude, good veteran, much better shooter.

  13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #58
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,573

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugh, CJ Miles might come back, per Agness.
    I have no problem bringing CJ back, as long as it's not on a long-term deal. Two years, or three with a team option would work for me.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  16. #59

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Victor O, GRIII, Ike, Leaf and Sumner have no upside?

    Let's see, a double digit draft pick. That means we would have to settle for a Paul George (#10), Myles Turner (#11) or Reggie Miller (#11). That would be awful.
    Touche on the second point. This team has made some pretty good picks in that range, though the odds are much higher you get a bust at that area of the draft.

    As for the first point, yes! We know exactly what Oladipo is. He's not going to get much better than what he is, which is a decent rotational guard. GRIII is just a guy. He's never going to be anything particularly special. Leaf's ceiling is adequate starter in the NBA. I don't see anything that makes me think he has exciting upside (but I do think he'll be a nice player). Ike and Sumner are late second rounders who may never even see NBA action. Pardon me for not getting excited.

    Again, in a league full of awful teams, I think there are only 2 or 3 teams in the NBA I wouldn't prefer to be. Brooklyn and Sacramento. That's about it.

  17. #60

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Id much rather gun it for a top 3 pick next year, and these moves are gonna put us right in the 35 win, 10th pick range which is not good to be in. But I DO like that were setting up reasonable, short term deals that let us remain flexible (except for that crappy Dipo contract).

    I don't think much of DC or Bog at all, but I love the contracts we signed them to. Hopefully when we're 20-30 at the all star break we start giving guys like TJ, GRIII, Ike and Sumner big minutes

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to SkipperZ For This Useful Post:


  19. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    5,700

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another guy in his late 20's. Nope, **** it, I'm out boys. I tried to quit the Pacers last season, this one is going to stick. Just can't keep putting emotional energy toward a team with no present and no future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, I'm pretty sure by the time I care about the NBA again there won't be an Indiana Pacers.
    I hope you're not waiting for a lot of people to try to talk you out of it, because that will likely not happen. In the meantime you're standing there holding the door open, letting the air conditioning out and the flies in. So, you gotta make up your mind.

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  21. #62

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the 2 years while we wait. This line of thinking is bonkers. Why didn't you do us a favor and quit when JOB was coach like the others.
    It's not bonkers at all. Why sign decent veteran role players to make us slightly better while we suck. People hate "tanking", I hate teams that try to be the best bad team they can be. Why not start Joe Young and GRIII instead of DC and Bo.

    Looks like we're trying desperately to fight for that 8 seed next year. Why?!

  22. #63

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Only way these moves don't suck is if we can flip guys like DC, Bo, Young, and Dipo to a contender for assets. If that's even possible.

  23. #64
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im surprised he was still available.

    Defense is still part of the equation, and he can't defend.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  24. #65
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,662

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only way these moves don't suck is if we can flip guys like DC, Bo, Young, and Dipo to a contender for assets. If that's even possible.
    Bojan netted Brooklyn a late 1st from the Wizards at the deadline, fwiw.

    These aren't bad deals. I like them better than giving similar but slightly better dudes 4 years.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  26. #66
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,162

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not bonkers at all. Why sign decent veteran role players to make us slightly better while we suck. People hate "tanking", I hate teams that try to be the best bad team they can be. Why not start Joe Young and GRIII instead of DC and Bo.

    Looks like we're trying desperately to fight for that 8 seed next year. Why?!
    That is what they do, I realized tanking is never happening with this team so best hope is to build a team with players we like or have some upside.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  28. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not bonkers at all. Why sign decent veteran role players to make us slightly better while we suck. People hate "tanking", I hate teams that try to be the best bad team they can be. Why not start Joe Young and GRIII instead of DC and Bo.

    Looks like we're trying desperately to fight for that 8 seed next year. Why?!
    Because that is how the Pacers have always operated. They choose to try to keep the culture as positive as possible while developing the prospects that they have. It has worked out pretty well for the last 30 years.

  29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


  30. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    5,700

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Looks like we're trying desperately to fight for that 8 seed next year. Why?!
    Because when your players are working hard every game, yet see the organization acting as though they would rather lose.............well, it just breeds problems and creates an environment where nobody gives a hoot. Is that what you want the players to do? These guys are competitors, if the FO quits on them, they won't want to be around, and neither will most future players.

  31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  32. #69

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bojan netted Brooklyn a late 1st from the Wizards at the deadline, fwiw.

    These aren't bad deals. I like them better than giving similar but slightly better dudes 4 years.
    Yup, I was thinking of that deal. Late firsts aren't super exciting, but I'd rather have a couple extra firsts (and raise our own first rounder), than keep these guys on the roster for the second half of the season.

  33. #70
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    10,427
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    It is hilarious that you all think we are giving up tanking with a bench player from the Nets and the starting point guard for the Sacremento 'freaking' Kings.

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  35. #71
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    8,116

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    So if you had to guess what are starting lineup would be, if the season started today (same roster) would you say?

    PG-Collison
    SG-Dipo
    SF-Bogdanovic
    PF-Young
    C-Turner

    Main bench : G Rob, Lance, Sabonis, Leaf, Joe Young
    Sittin on top of the world!

  36. #72

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because when your players are working hard every game, yet see the organization acting as though they would rather lose.............well, it just breeds problems and creates an environment where nobody gives a hoot. Is that what you want the players to do? These guys are competitors, if the FO quits on them, they won't want to be around, and neither will most future players.
    Yeah, that's clearly what happened to the Cubs. They sure messed up by bottoming out and embracing losing... Ditto for the Sixers.

    C'mon. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can be good again.

  37. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Victor O, GRIII, Ike, Leaf and Sumner have no upside?

    Let's see, a double digit draft pick. That means we would have to settle for a Paul George (#10), Myles Turner (#11) or Reggie Miller (#11). That would be awful.
    Or a Kawhi Leonard?

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sig For This Useful Post:


  39. #74

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is hilarious that you all think we are giving up tanking with a bench player from the Nets and the starting point guard for the Sacremento 'freaking' Kings.
    It's not that we're "giving up taking", we're clearly going to suck. But why would you sign decent vets when you can just play young kids in those roles.

    These guys are going to be the difference between 30 wins, and 36 wins. That could mean drafting 10 instead of 5. It's an unfortunate reality, but that's HUGE.

  40. #75
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,003

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is hilarious that you all think we are giving up tanking with a bench player from the Nets and the starting point guard for the Sacremento 'freaking' Kings.
    They're just space fillers... and have contracts to match. Very tradable contracts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •